• NOOOPE
    • Deezer
    • Other
    • Pandora
  2. 2. Do you pay for it?

• Free
    • Payed
    • I already told you that I dont use one :D

Wote and tell me what you like about it and how pricing is concerned in your location.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

No, I'm kind of privacy conscious.

Ok, also abut your music? You dont want anyone to know what you're listening to? Or is that because of an other thing?

Same as Caroline. I don't use such a service and don't want to share everything.

I like to buy my CDs and Vinyls. And sometimes share a song here and there because I feel like it.

I have been using spotify since 2014, pricing is not bad (14TL, or 2.5$ converted for regular one). I still got a shit ton of FLACs on my phone and on my desktop.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

Same as Caroline. I don't use such a service and don't want to share everything.

I like to buy my CDs and Vinyls. And sometimes share a song here and there because I feel like it.

I am into Vinyl big time, but still I love the availability you get with those services and tidal actually sounds decent. On the go and in the car especially I cant rip out my Vinyls :P

Just now, Levent said:

I have been using spotify since 2014, pricing is not bad (14TL, or 2.5$ converted for regular one). I still got a shit ton of FLACs on my phone and on my desktop.

Where u from? Thats CHEAP ? 

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Where u from? Thats CHEAP ? 

well, you really shouldnt compare prices in an common currency. Minimum wage here is 2100 liras, so thats approximately, 377$. Compare it in relation to that countries' economy.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Spotify is included in my ISP package, but I really only use YouTube (not YT Music. Just regular YT).

Probably gonna use Spotify soon.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I didn't see Pandora up there but that's what I use. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I technically have YouTube Premium, but the streaming site sucks big time and the app isn't much better. It costs 119 DDK, which is about 20USD, a month. 

So, I basically rely soley on my physical library, which everyone that frequents our common shrine to consumerism can attest to.

There's also a local, Danish streaming service included in my cell plan, but I have yet to check that service out. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I formerly used Google Play Music for free, adding in my own MP3s from 2014-2018, until it was rumored that Google would be killing off Google Play Music in favor of YouTube Music.

I now pay for Spotify Premium to stream all the songs I want, the convenience of just searching up songs I want and adding them to playlists is worth the price of admission, as I can spare the £10 premium a month.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

I didn't see Pandora up there but that's what I use. 

uh ye forgot it, added. Its not available here so I did not have it in mind

3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

What's the point? I like Jazz and Classic but why would someone care about that fact in particular? Plus, where I live internet is slow as a snail, metered and expensive so loading a song every time I want to listen to it would be a really dumb move.

Becaus I also like Jazz and always like something new. But ok the internet part I understand for sure 

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I technically have YouTube Premium, but the streaming site sucks big time and the app isn't much better. It costs 119 DDK, which is about 20USD, a month. 

So, I basically rely soley on my physical library, which everyone that frequents our common shrine to consumerism can attest to.

There's also a local, Danish streaming service included in my cell plan, but I have yet to check that service out. 

Holy ....

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Holy ....

The reason I subscribe to YouTube Premium is that I really hate advertisments. Like, I can't stand ads. 

Out of principle I just purchase an add-free service on websites I frequent, whenever possible. It also suppots the creators I watch, regardless of monitization, which is a also a plus. 

The price sounds a bit steep, but it's par for the course in Denmark. The Danish cost of living is among the highest in the world, so it only makes sense. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

The reason I subscribe to YouTube Premium is that I really hate advertisments. Like, I can't stand ads. 

Out of principle I just purchase an add-free service on websites I frequent, whenever possible. It also suppots the creators I watch, regardless of monitization, which is a also a plus. 

The price sounds a bit steep, but it's par for the course in Denmark. The Danish cost of living is among the highest in the world, so it only makes sense. 

So then become a contributor to the forum! :D

But yes I live close to Denmark... I know

12 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I am into Vinyl big time, but still I love the availability you get with those services and tidal actually sounds decent. On the go and in the car especially I cant rip out my Vinyls :P

Well... I have wonderful thing that is called a Phablet, inside it I have a tiny little thing named "MicroSD" with 128gb capacity and on it I have a "few" MP3... A "few" books (epub) too. And when REALLY I have time of feel like it, I can even watch ~SNIP~ !!!  ?

Otherwise I also listen to the radio.

So... who needs streaming music on the go? Not me ?

Just now, Queen Chrysallis said:

Spotify, free for a few months then got sick of the unskippable ads and got premium

HAHA that's how they get you

I stream music via YouTube. No reason to pay for it.

Used to have Spotify, haven't touched it in years.

I also buy most of my music on CDs.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I used to use free Spotify and then they started using broken ads that wouldn't load or play. I would have to completely restart Spotify if I wanted to keep listening to my music.

So I switched to Apple Music (paid) and it's okay. I only use Spotify for Release Radar and Discover Weekly.

Just now, Queen Chrysallis said:

I think they change it tho, it was skippable at the beginning then the button got grayed out at some point then it started getting 2-3 ads in a row without being able to skip and i just couldn't take it anymore lmao

Thats savage

Almost all of my music is recorded/downloaded livestreams, and the few random songs I want (so far less than 100) I just download from YouTube. Everything is on my computer, and because my phone (64 GB) is almost full (and because I'm to lazy to convert them to mp3 or m4a :P) not everything is on my phone, just the best ones. In fact, I've recorded and/or downloaded these every week (that they were there) for the past more than 5 years, but haven't heard anything (apart from when live) from 2018 or 2019 yet... still a lot to go through and sort (gigabytes upon gigabytes), but no time and if time effort... :P

Anyways, up until now I've always been really happy with these livestreams. I use VLC on my computer, and whichever music app isn't broken on my phone (I've gone through 5 or so by now...). As I will go to university in a month, my music listening time will likely increase (travel), so I'll probably need to sort out the newer streams to keep things new. :P Fortunately I'll likely have a new phone by then too (256 GB), so I should have some more space. :)

I have never used a (paid) streaming service, except obviously Twitch, and sometimes YouTube for the regular stuff. Paying is bleh imo, and even if I had spotify I wouldn't know which songs to listen to. :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I like being the exception to the rule again: I don't listen to music, streaming or otherwise.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.