2400G with HD 6970 two Drivers??

Edgar R. Zakarian
Go to solution Solved by KarathKasun,

Last I tried, you cant install drivers for Terrascale alongside GCN as they use the same file names.  You have to pick one device or the other.

Hi, 

If i Want to use these two in a system, do I have to install both AMD drivers? - How would that work ?
The old card doesn't support the newer drivers, what would happen to the AMD graphics menus etc? Anyone got any experience with this?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

you only have to worry about drivers for the 6970

Don't bother installing the graphic driver of the integrated graphic chip of the CPU, you don't need that. You only need the dedicated GPU's driver.

But, do install the Chipset driver of the AM4 motherboard though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro