Power Color reveal that custom 5700XT cards will start at the same price as reference cards ($399)

Master Disaster

Power colour have revealed that they will have at least one custom 5700XT card priced the same as current reference cards.

In case there was any doubt, custom Radeon RX 5700 XT cards will start at the same price as reference models, which is $399. PowerColor confirmed as much in a Facebook post, in reference to its own custom 5700 XT models that are en route to retail.

Pricing will almost definitely shake out in similar fashion for custom 5700 (non-XT) cards as well, compared to reference designs, which start at $349. Officially, however, only custom 5700 XT models have been confirmed to start at the same price as reference variants.

jfFTkncuEMVFcbm8JWKDtQ-1200-80.jpg

PowerColor is highly unlikely to be alone in offering custom models starting at the same price as reference SKUs. Of course, pricing will vary by model, with overclocked models wielding higher end components historically commanding a premium.

AMD have confirmed that custom variants will be available in August however Asus have said there's probably won't appear until September.

AMD has said that its hardware partners will have custom cards available around the middle of August. It remains to be seen how many will land on retail shelves in a couple of weeks, though. Asus, for example, recently said it would provide "more details in September."

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/amp/custom-radeon-rx-5700-xt-cards-will-start-at-dollar399-same-as-reference-models/

I'm keeping an eye on the 5700 XT custom cards as my Vega 64 has developed heat problems. Hearing that they'll be starting at the same price as reference cards is pretty damn good.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's always nice when custom cards has the same price as reference cards. :) 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

Nothing like good ol early adopters tax.

Ikr, imagine being someone who bought a reference 5700XT now hearing you can get a better cooling solution which probably means higher clock speeds and less noise for exactly the same price.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Ikr, imagine being someone who bought a reference 5700XT now hearing you can get a better cooling solution which probably means higher clock speeds and less noise for exactly the same price.

*cough* 2070 *cough* 2080

Why hasn't AMD opted to do a launch with board partners from the get go? If they've done that, people would be grabbing these last month already. Instead, everyone was waiting for august for aftermarket ones...

i don't mind waiting another month

another month means i get to save some more money lol

1 hour ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

i don't mind waiting another month

another month means i get to save some more money lol

You're not saving money if you're not running games faster :P Speed is time and time is money.

These new Navi cards despite their high performance use very small dies and few numbers of compute units, plus no expensive HBM memory. Combined that with the fact that Nvidia's lineup was overpriced compared to previous GPU generations. It has allowed AMD and their partners to maintain very good margins on these new Navi cards. They have a lot of room to further cut prices and still make lots of money, this was not the case with Vega.

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Why hasn't AMD opted to do a launch with board partners from the get go? If they've done that, people would be grabbing these last month already. Instead, everyone was waiting for august for aftermarket ones...

As with most launches AMD engineers were probably scrambling and tweaking things at the last moment to get everything ready for launch. So they were not able to send the representative engineering samples early enough to their board partners, who probably needed a few months to design and test their variants.

This is what was sucky about the launch. Nobody would have complained about the blower cooler if there were other options available at launch.

The Red Devil card would be awesome to see. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think the starting at MSRP blower card price is a bit misleading. You can still have a card with a crappy cooler on it that runs just as hot as a blower be priced at that price while any decent cooler will obviously be more.

Nice! This is good for competition. If they had to price them $30-$50 more expensive than the reference cards, they wouldn't be competitive anymore.

I am sure AMD is selling them to board partners at a reasonable price, so they can still make a good profit at $399. It is in AMD's best interest to keep these cards at $399

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

That is how GPU launches always work though.

Don't really care too much Asus delivering late. Still remember their 390/x cooling solution.

If you're shopping AMD. Go for sapphire. Alternatively MSI.

Heatsink.jpg

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

6 minutes ago, MMKing said:

Don't really care too much Asus delivering late. Still remember their 390/x cooling solution.

Heatsink.jpg

Funny thing about that, Overclockers UK have a single custom 5700XT listed, it went up today and it's pre order only but the funny thing is it's an Asus card.

7 hours ago, Humbug said:

These new Navi cards despite their high performance use very small dies and few numbers of compute units, plus no expensive HBM memory. Combined that with the fact that Nvidia's lineup was overpriced compared to previous GPU generations. It has allowed AMD and their partners to maintain very good margins on these new Navi cards. They have a lot of room to further cut prices and still make lots of money, this was not the case with Vega.

As with most launches AMD engineers were probably scrambling and tweaking things at the last moment to get everything ready for launch. So they were not able to send the representative engineering samples early enough to their board partners, who probably needed a few months to design and test their variants.

This is what was sucky about the launch. Nobody would have complained about the blower cooler if there were other options available at launch.

Nonsense. There is no need for a custom PCB underneath. It can be 100% reference as that's already tested and designed by AMD itself. Meaning, only thing up to the vendor is to slap some other cooler on it. Given almost everyone recycle as much of products as possible to lower the costs, chances are, they could use Polaris coolers for it with minimal adjustments. So, yeah, I don't believe they were doing it last second.

AMD - hey partners I get first dibs on the market for some spot sales and margins on our end, but you cant release until later - with that being said we will only provide blowers so that when yours release ours will mainly be considered for water cooling applications or SFF builds.

That's my guess how this relationship works

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

And they should be selling for the same price as the reference card, thats how it works for both AMD and Nvidia. But it's still annoying that AMD keeps selling reference cards with awful blowers, for the same cost they could just partner up with Powercolor or Sapphire and sell a custom cooled reference card.

I mean the XT really needs AIB cooler, blower is good but loud.

Privacy is necessary for an open society in the electronic age. Privacy is not secrecy. A private matter is something one doesn't want the whole world to know, but a secret matter is something one doesn't want anybody to know. Privacy is the power to selectively reveal oneself to the world..

Some others

EXP00587.jpg.e0794cb1be5892d2fed0072729280d3d.jpg

EXP00586.jpg.13c6f4f4712d9fbc8ab0b607a1e0c0c2.jpg

RX-5700-Challenger-8G-OCL4-740x617.png.e5002282db8357fbe2a90e08a2a32666.png

065565_asus-tuf-gaming-x3-radeon-rx-5700-series_5.jpg.086e30ff8c7862a6ce6c62c6bb9c1a31.jpg

1564718187532-1480x795.jpg.ab10b95c8fecafc7518c47e64ec30b3d.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 hours ago, maartendc said:

Nice! This is good for competition. If they had to price them $30-$50 more expensive than the reference cards, they wouldn't be competitive anymore.

Well they would still be competitive, because Nvidia currently has worse price/performance in this segment. But ya they would not sell as well...

On 8/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, VegetableStu said:

meanwhile at /r/AMD

EDIT: those are 5700 cards, by the way

*sneepity*

first System Build one day, Im finding these

✨FNIGE✨

On 8/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, MMKing said:

I would say PowerColor, the Red Devil cards as just as good as Sapphire... Had couple of cards from them and they all had amazing quality.
Solid construction and great cooling.