Food that you eat that makes people stare at you funny

Donut417

What are some of those things you eat where some one starts looking at you funny for eating?

For me its prunes. I love prunes and I generally eat them when I feel im getting a little backed up, if you know what I mean. But the family looks at mean strangely for eating them. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Tajin chili powder and nothing else. No one in my family appreciates that I like how salty it is.

never had tajin but it sounds interesting kek

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'm sure the way I eat things might make people stare funny but frankly I've never noticed so ?‍♂️ kek

I really like Biscuits and Gravy so I get as much gravy off the plate as I can so I presume that's probably weird to some people

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Macha tea ice-cream and black sesame seeds ice cream!

I just LOVE them. And each time I ask for either one or both together, people just look at me funny... Don't know why.

I still remember when at our yearly big fair there was a guy making gauffres (waffels) with chocolate and chantilly. Which is perfectly ok... Except that... He mixed the creme chantilly and the chocolate together and then apply this brown fluffy funny looking stuff on the waffles... I let you guess what it was looking like... :-S

But it was sooooo good! :sigh:   Well he stopped doing that after 1 year! I guess he didn't have enough customer ready to eat his newe mix and got back to the usual way of presenting the toppings ?

Raw human flesh always gets me a few stares...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

The souls of those who've crossed me.

And bagels and lox.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

-

The problem isn't the banana, its how I consume it that makes people stare............ ;)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

19 minutes ago, Oso Sin Nombre said:

When I eat ice cream in the middle of winter when it's freezing. I like ice cream ?

6430064400470.thumb.jpeg.734be5c0b320ba2dfc74d32db6ff2178.jpeg

I to used to eat ice cream in the winter. But me and dairy no longer get along. So I eat popsicles or slushees. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

32 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

The problem isn't the banana, its how I consume it that makes people stare............ ;)

Just another thing I love about you... :)

That made me actually laugh out loud, thanks for that.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

15 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I to used to eat ice cream in the winter. But me and dairy no longer get along. So I eat popsicles or slushees. 

Do you lick em or bite em? Cuz apparently chomping on ice cream is frowned upon by most people. I don't know why though, licking takes too long and the ice cream starts melting so I gotta go fast 

mould cheese

My mother already complains when I didn´t eat it all and put it back in the fridge because the whole fridge smells then. The look is also not exactly appetizing for some people

3 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

[...]. He mixed the creme chantilly and the chocolate together and then apply this brown fluffy funny looking stuff on the waffles... I let you guess what it was looking like... :-S

But it was sooooo good! [...]

That actually sounds like a great idea provided the final result will still have the consistency of whipped cream (crème chantilly). Perhaps one could fine tune the mixture to make it look like mousse au chocolat, that shouldn't gross out most of the people.

I was once travelling to France for work with several people when someone from my group ordered a "diesel" (it means gasoline but in this case refers to beer mixed with coca-cola). The waitress was confused by the order and asked him if he wanted to have beer and coca-cola separately or if he really wanted her to mix them :)

3 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

That actually sounds like a great idea provided the final result will still have the consistency of whipped cream (crème chantilly). Perhaps one could fine tune the mixture to make it look like mousse au chocolat, that shouldn't gross out most of the people.

It was a great idea, and it WAS delicious. Sweet but not too sweet ( I hate foods which are too sweet :-S )

But really, it's was looking in such a way... ?

4 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I was once travelling to France for work with several people when someone from my group ordered a "diesel" (it means gasoline but in this case refers to beer mixed with coca-cola). The waitress was confused by the order and asked him if he wanted to have beer and coca-cola separately or if he really wanted her to mix them :)

I strongly recommend to NOT order that "mixture" in Belgium! ?

I heard of that "drink" and sipped it ones, it's utterly discusting, IMO (just my opinion).

And I still remember the outraged remarks when Agassi ordered a very good bottle of wine and mixed it in his glass with some coke.

I think it's named a "Calimoucho" and it's an Abomination! ?

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

[...]
I strongly recommend to NOT order that "mixture" in Belgium! ?

I heard of that "drink" and sipped it ones, it's utterly discusting, IMO (just my opinion). [...]

Good to know, I have not traveled to Belgium yet, but i wouldn't order such a thing anyways ;) In Belgium, I would rather order things like Belgian fries, waffles and chocolate (which are three things I think Belgium is known for). In general, I want to try local foods and drinks when travelling, that's part of the experience.

In my opinion, strange mixtures are still somehow acceptable as long as the person that orders it enjoys it (that way at least no food was wasted), although I do understand when some people are outraged.

Check this g(l)ory out. It's a meat jelly, you eat it with mayo, and the process looks disgusting. 

russia-cuisine-kholodets-1.jpg

1 minute ago, greenhorn said:

Good to know, I have not traveled to Belgium yet, but i wouldn't order such a thing anyways ;) In Belgium, I would rather order things like Belgian fries, waffles and chocolate (which are three things I think Belgium is known for). In general, I want to try local foods and drinks when travelling, that's part of the experience.

In my opinion, strange mixtures are still somehow acceptable as long as the person that orders it enjoys it (that way at least no food was wasted), although I do understand when some people are outraged.

Belgian beer, my friend! Don't forget Belgian Beer!

Belgium is THE country of good beer. It's the trappist beer! LOTS of different beers!

(I'm not Belgian, btw)

8 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Belgium is THE country of good beer. It's the trappist beer! LOTS of different beers!

I heard that too but didn't mention it since I don't like beer (contrary to most of my Austrian compatriots who still manage to maintain the yearly 100 liter consumption national average despite me not drinking any).

By the way, this reminds me of another thing relating to the OP's question: I saw Austrians being almost outraged by the fact that beer was sold in 0.25 liter bottles in France (we only have 0.33 liters and 0.5 liters most of the time).

9 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

(I'm not Belgian, btw)

Ah ok, I would have guessed France or Belgium since you username seems to be French. 

watermelon

instead of smushing my face into it like the rest of these absolute barbarics 

i cut mouth sized piece off my slice with a knife and eat them right off that knife. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

47 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

(I'm not Belgian, btw)

I found Belgian beer to be the best beer in the world. Then Irish stouts.

17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

watermelon

instead of smushing my face into it like the rest of these absolute barbarics 

i cut mouth sized piece off my slice with a knife and eat them right off that knife. 

Interesting, I usually cut it in half or a quarter and then slice it in cubes while everything still stays together so people can just grab those cubes with a fork.

When shopping for a watermelon, it knock on them with my hand to see if it sounds right. I am not as skilled at this as other people but most of the times it helps me to identify the good ones.

1 minute ago, greenhorn said:

Interesting, I usually cut it in half or a quarter and then slice it in cubes while everything still stays together so people can just grab those cubes with a fork.

also nice but most of my family and friends prefer to just cut slices like you would with apples and then byte into them until the crust reaching them from ear to ear

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Human flesh

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong.