What would be the best budget gaming cpu?

So I would like to upgrade my pc from having to borrow my parents computer to having my own. Although I have a few hundred to spend, (because of my years of lawn cutting) I’d like to stay in the medium range pricing. Can anyone recommend a moderately priced cpu for gaming?

by a few hundred i hope you dont mean 2 i would say either the amd ryzen 3600 or intel i5 9600k

I would go with Ryzen 1600 or 2600 are as the prices are really good right now, pair that with a B450 board.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

ryzen 2600 + asus prime b450 plus + 16GB Vengeance 3000Mhz Ram + DarkRock 4 cost me around 300€. 
Maybe even cheaper now and good enough for 1080p gaming ( paired it with an rtx 2060 ). 
OC'ed the 2600 to 4.1 Ghz allcore. 
Just a perfect money value cpu. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Konnstant/saved/hT2TCJ

Something like that should do you. Obvs fell free to swap brands to your preference.Then upgrade the GPU when you get the chance

Does the 600 include the monitor and keyboard/mouse/speakers etc?? If it does you'll need to cut out quite a bit of the budget for that, and you're looking more at a budget build like

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Konnstant/saved/W9rNQ7

as you'll need to set aside quite a bit for those peripherals

Ryzen 7 2700X  | Gigabyte RX5700 XT | ASUS TUF B450M | HyperX Fury 2x16gb 3200MHz |  CM MasterBox Lite 3 (Mesh Modded) | Corsair MP510 960GB | Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700w

17 hours ago, TheRealNamonid said:

So I would like to upgrade my pc from having to borrow my parents computer to having my own. Although I have a few hundred to spend, (because of my years of lawn cutting) I’d like to stay in the medium range pricing. Can anyone recommend a moderately priced cpu for gaming?

Ryzen 5 2600, 2600X,3600, 3600X are good 'mid grade' CPU's that are 6 cores/12 threads.

If you have 600 dollars to spend to spend I would watch this video. Jay built a pretty killer system for like 612 bucks.

You don't have to get the exact same parts but it gives you an idea of what you can do with that kind of money. You could switch parts around maybe save a little more, or you could mow a few more lawns or do odd jobs for people and make some more cash. And there is always used parts as well. Right now the ryzen 3600 is pretty hard to beat for the price, but like he says in the video if you can get a 2600 dirt cheap snag that puppy up.

Also maybe give us some specs on what you currently have, and what your parents system is. And do you want similar performance to that system or better. And what exactly do you want to do with the computer, like what games and programs do you intend to run at what settings. Honestly my old system with a 1500x and a 1060 or radeon 570 did everything I wanted it to at 1080p and 60hz. I just upgraded because I wanted to.

• 1 month later...

I ended up going for the Ryzen 5 2600 just because when I went on amazon, it was $119! That is the best deal, especially seeing how cpu went for about $450 last year. Are the x570 boards worth it?

Also any GPU suggestions? I’ve been looking for a card that at least outputs 1080 but looking for a card for 4K. 

38 minutes ago, TheRealNamonid said:

I ended up going for the Ryzen 5 2600 just because when I went on amazon, it was $119! That is the best deal, especially seeing how cpu went for about $450 last year. Are the x570 boards worth it?

Also any GPU suggestions? I’ve been looking for a card that at least outputs 1080 but looking for a card for 4K. 

x570 is overkill, only reason to get one of those is for PCI-e 4.0 which won't be be utilised effectively unless you go multi high end GPUs.

Even then it might not present good performance to value ratio.

7 minutes ago, Spoonii said:

x570 is overkill, only reason to get one of those is for PCI-e 4.0 which won't be be utilised effectively unless you go multi high end GPUs.

Even then it might not present good performance to value ratio.

Do you think some lower end gpus will utilize PCIe 4 anytime soon?

Current top end GPUs don't even fully utilise it. You'd be waiting a long long time before they do.

By then the x570 boards of today will be outdated and new boards with new features will be out.

Suggest you don't try to future proof as there's no real such thing anymore, or ever was to be honest.

Buy for current/very near future, budget for realistic usage scenario, upgrade only when needed.

19 minutes ago, Spoonii said:

Current top end GPUs don't even fully utilise it. You'd be waiting a long long time before they do.

By then the x570 boards of today will be outdated and new boards with new features will be out.

Suggest you don't try to future proof as there's no real such thing anymore, or ever was to be honest.

Buy for current/very near future, budget for realistic usage scenario, upgrade only when needed.

In that case, what board do you recommend for best upgradablilty?

I can't make a recommendation on a specific board, but a B450 chipset would suit you just fine and is very affordable.

Assuming you won't be overclocking or upgrading the CPU to a 3rd Gen anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Spoonii said:

I can't make a recommendation on a specific board, but a B450 chipset would suit you just fine and is very affordable.

Assuming you won't be overclocking or upgrading the CPU to a 3rd Gen anytime soon.

Well, I may upgrade, but not probably until I have outgrown (if that’s a term) the cpu or it starts bugging me. But probably not for a long time.