Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kobayagi11

Poll: RTX 2060 Super FE or 3rd party?

Poll: RTX 2060 Super FE or 3rd party?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: RTX 2060 Super FE or 3rd party?

• RTX 2060 Super Founders Edition
    • Third party RTX 2060 Super

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title suggests, would you go for a RTX 2060 Super or a third party variant, if so, which one would you choose, and why?

The FE cooler is not great - not as bad as a blower but certainly worse than many aftermarket ones.

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The FE cooler is not great - not as bad as a blower but certainly worse than many aftermarket ones.

But the FE does look cool. 😛 But we gotta keep those thermals down...

2 minutes ago, Kobayagi11 said:

I mean, if you don't mind higher thermals and more noise - get the FE - but it's not what I'd pick.

Just now, BurstHearts said:

I think RTX Founders Edition. Because the performance isn't that much lower than 3rd party (strix or exoc types), i heard and saw somethings showing it is more stable ,and the re-sell ,value sometimes a used founders edition have a equal if not higher price than a new sealed 3rd party graphics card. But yeah they can get hotter, but you can use a good air flow to compensate it. 

No such thing - resale value on reference cards is lower because the board itself is not as good quality as a Matrix or FTW

Stability is the same at stock and slightly better at extreme OCs on aftermarket cards because of improved power delivery and voltage regulation

Airflow can't compensate for a more confined and smaller cooler - it's not how the laws of thermodynamics apply.

Please don't spread blatantly false information.

10 minutes ago, Kobayagi11 said:

no it doesnt, especially when you put it in the normal position, with fans pointing down, where you cant see them, so it doesnt matter

the idea of the third party designs is not just look cool, is work quieter, at lower temperatures, cheaper or same price if possible and be better when overclocking it

focus on what matters

Prefer the looks of fe. Cooling it bad on all of them. Not point to chase a few degrees if I’m compelled to keep air cooling. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz