Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G1K777

HiFi Audio setup => max 3k

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new audio setup for a neat music experience :) (not "GaMiNg").

The Asus Xonar Essence STX PCIe DAC is pretty cheap, 150bucks where some HiFi USB DACs are easily double that price.
I was wondering if it makes a big difference to get a HiFi USB DAC for my future Sennheiser HD800S.

I was looking at following DACs:

1. Asus Xonar Essence STX PCIe - 155Euros
  2. MassDrop THX AAA 789 - 400Euros
  3. RME ADI-2 DAC - 900Euros

I don't care that much about the price difference, because I'm not looking into buying DACs like I buy my Graphics Cards ?

On paper... the RME ADI-2 DAC is the endgame in my opinion unless we're looking into spending 10k+, but we ain't looking into such prices.

I'm using now a Nuforce uDAC5 with AKG K612 Pro, I was using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo before.

My current plan is:
RME ADI-2 DAC + Sennheiser HD800S or THX AAA 789, people are going nuts over this massdrop DAC, but RME ADI-2 DAC won 19+ awards since it's release, it has sound correction for the future, if you get older and/or have some hearing issues, for example when you hear more on your left ear than you do on your right ear, etc.

I know it's not cheap but you buy it once and you're done forever till some new Quantum AI DAC things get released ?

AMD FX8320 | GTX660 | 4x4GB DDR3 | LG ZR2740W

Logitech Wireless Pro  | Logitech G413 | Nuforce uDAC5  | AKG K612

The thx is only a stand alone amp but if you combo it with the sdac balanced DAC then that's a nice DAC and amp.combo. or get a  archel pro 2 as the dac. but I would personally get tubes with the hd 800s as to calm the highs and gives the headphone some more.body personally not the biggest fan of the headphone. A d would rather buy something from focal or the dt 1990 over the 800 just my personal preference it's still a good headphone though.

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40