Bandwidth Usage Per Month

Crosseyed Sniper

Hello,

out of curiosity, about how much monthly bandwidth do you use, and what all do you do online that takes up so much? The family and I stream several hours of HD videos and music nearly every day, upload files to the cloud every day or so, run 5 security cameras, game occasionally, and yet, I never seem to go over 500 GB a month. I'm usually in the 300 - 400 GB range. I have a 1 TB monthly data allowance with Xfinity, by the way.

Thanks

I have no idea, laughs on unlimited bandwidth / no data cap.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Luna said:

I have no idea, laughs on unlimited bandwidth / no data cap.

Same

I use about 400-500GB. I stream quite a bit on Netflix and download quite a few movies/tv shows.

Just now, Crosseyed Sniper said:

out of curiosity, about how much monthly bandwidth do you use, and what all do you do online that takes up so much? The family and I stream several hours of HD videos and music nearly every day, upload files to the cloud every day or so, run 5 security cameras, game occasionally, and yet, I never seem to go over 500 GB a month. I'm usually in the 300 - 400 GB range. I have a 1 TB monthly data allowance with Xfinity, by the way.

Only 300GB to 400GB?

casual.jpg.d5d684c70a6ab091e4c616288683c91e.jpg

I've went over 2TB plenty of times. I just happen to download a lot of stuff, plus I stream stuff back and forth and so on. I'm a power-user, I happen enjoy playing around with all sorts of servers and shit and I may end up using a whole shitton of bandwidth without even noticing it. Then again, I ain't got no datacaps, so I have no reason to care, either!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i dont know either, nor i have a way to measure, my calculations are about 10gbs daily more or less, 300 gbs would be a general number

netflix and youtube eats alot of mbs

but yes, is nice not to have a limit

I'm sitting in the 150 to 250GB range as far as bandwidth goes monthly. I have a 400GB cap.

Mainly from HD youtube videos, Netflix, Steam and Updates.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't have data caps on my Home internet, but I have checked occasionally and seen anywhere from 300GB all the way up to 1.2TB a month depending on if I downloaded a bunch of games or whatever, my phone however (despite being and unlimited plan :/) has 22GB and I have come close a bunch of times. Right now I have another 13 days and already used 18.7GB... I listen to Youtube videos (with YT Vanced so only audio bandwidth) a LOT...

why no dark mode?
Current:

Watercooled Eluktronics THICC-17 (Clevo X170SM-G):
CPU: i9-10900k @ 4.9GHz all core
GPU: RTX 2080 Super (Max P 200W)
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MTs

Storage: 512GB HP EX NVMe SSD, 2TB Silicon Power NVMe SSD
Displays: Asus ROG XG-17 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), IPS 1080p@240Hz (G-Sync), Gigabyte M32U 4k@144Hz (G-Sync), External Laptop panel (LTN173HT02) 1080p@120Hz

Asus ROG Flow Z13 (GZ301ZE) W/ Increased Power Limit:
CPU: i9-12900H @ Up to 5.0GHz all core
- dGPU: RTX 3050 Ti 4GB

- eGPU: RTX 3080 (mobile) XGm 16GB
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 5200MTs

Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB MicroSD
Display: 1200p@120Hz

Asus Zenbook Duo (UX481FLY):

CPU: i7-10510U @ Up to 4.3 GHz all core
- GPU: MX 250
RAM: 16GB (8x2GB) @ 2133MTs

Storage: 128GB SATA M.2 (NVMe no worky)
Display: Main 1080p@60Hz + Screnpad Plus 1920x515@60Hz

Custom Game Server:

CPUs: Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.1GHz all core

RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR5 @ whatever it'll boot at xD (I think it's 3600MTs)

Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD in RAID 1, 4x 10TB HGST Enterprise HDD in RAID Z1

I don't usually track my bandwidth as I live in a country that is notoriously famous for its great internet speeds and no caps.

Most ISP's here are willing to give you more megabits pet second than what you paid for, just to get you to finish your download and leave the network alone. When it's not too busy ofc, then standart limits apply (50 Megabits/s is what I pay for and I reach that limit very often).

Windows claims I used around 240 gigs for the past 30 days, considering I watch (listen to) a lot of youtube and I download movies semi-frequently I'd say that's pretty accurate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well
 - Isaac Clarke

Thanks everyone! Pretty interesting responses. A friend streams 4k movies and music nearly every day. he also has several security cameras and plays online games a lot, yet he too never exceeds the 1 TB limit. I guess you'd have to be doing a lot of heavy downloading to really make much of a difference. 

if you are a gamer or download a bunch of files is easy to use 40gbs per week on a device, 1TB sounds like enough for some, but definitively a unlimited plan is better

I am also using xfinity gigabit with the unlimited data addon.

Between cloud saves, streaming 4k content on multiple devices, having a few game servers, and staying connected to my home network via von on my mobile devices... I range from 2.5tb on a low month to over 5tb on a busy one.

Unlimited Gigabit. Seedbox, Netflix & other streaming services, and a bit of gaming. Average seems to be around ~1TB/month

6efa37926b6dfd405a8afe94e6e04e1a.png

Last ~90 days:

385fe347963adaa6cba8a19b07186ece.png

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

9 hours ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Hello,

Thanks

On Xfinity and we use around 700-999 Gigs a month. We have almost gone over the cap twice. Most of it is Hulu, Netflix, HBO GO, Prime Video and others. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

At my mother's house, on her internet connection, around 400GB to 500GB, if everyone in the house is busy on the internet most of the day for the entire month.

On any given month, on average, I'm currently sitting in at around 1.7 TB total (up and down traffic) per month.

IB >>> ETH