Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheVirusNX

Upgrade vs price help.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I currently have a Intel i7-4790K stock. 32GB DDR3 1366Mhz, Asus Maximus Formula VI, AMD R9 290X Lightning and a Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo. 

I'm looking upgrade for max of 1K$$. I was checking % of better parts for DDR4. I found some I thought would be better but not sure if it will make a huge differance.

Parts I found:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 199.99$

Moba: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus 169.99$

Cooler: be quite 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4 89.90$

GPU: MSI Radeon RX590 Armor 8GB 189.99$

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 300Mhz 94.99$ (Two packs for 32GB total)

 

I also have a corsair RM850X watt psu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooler is super overkill. The included cooler should be fine. Also that MB is not necessary. You can get a good B450 for around $100. 

 

Use the money saved from those 2 things and get a better GPU like a 5700.

 

Also why do you need 32GB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, geo3 said:

Cooler is super overkill. The included cooler should be fine. Also that MB is not necessary. You can get a good B450 for around $100. 

 

Use the money saved from those 2 things and get a better GPU like a 5700.

 

Also why do you need 32GB?

Ok, I'm not very good with knowing what moba's to get. I will look into that and the GPU. I use 32GB of ram because I play a few games that use 16GB++

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, geo3 said:

 You can get a good B450 for around $100. 

 

 

I found a bundle deal AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and RX 5700 8GB for 559.98$ and I was looking at the B450 Mobas and it says they only support 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen. Says that the 3600X is 3rd gen. Would that work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheVirusNX said:

Ok, I'm not very good with knowing what moba's to get. I will look into that and the GPU. I use 32GB of ram because I play a few games that use 16GB++

What game? I doubt that.

24 minutes ago, TheVirusNX said:

I found a bundle deal AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and RX 5700 8GB for 559.98$ and I was looking at the B450 Mobas and it says they only support 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen. Says that the 3600X is 3rd gen. Would that work?

The 3600X is a waste of money. It's only 2% faster than the 3600 and like $50 more. The vast majority B450 will support Ryzen 3rd gen with the latest BIOS. Some boards let you flash the BIOS without a CPU and for the others AMD will lend you a 2nd gen chip for free to allow you to flash the BIOS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×