this is my build atm

-i7 8700 non K

-RTX 2080 TI ASUS ROG STRIX OC 11 GB

-MOBO AUROS ULTRA Z390 

-16 gb CORSAIR DDR 4 2666 

-SSD NVME 250 GB

-HDD SEAGATE 2 TB

- CORSAIR 750 W PSU

i am aiming to have the most cinematic and best color gaming experience (i play mostly single player games because i dont have much time to play e sport titles nowdays) i am using 4k atm for the setup while deciding which display should i buy. Before i was using LG 60 hz 2560x1080 ultra wide monitor with gtx 960 for years and decided to upgrade to my recent build. i like the ultra wide monitor for work for having more display for many things i need at the same time, but i want a crisp sharp and silky gameplay when i can play in my spare time. i saw some vids that hdr is the new best thing for gaming, both monitor have hdr 1000. I never seen any hdr arent monitor yet, maybe just tvs that i pass by that have hdr advertised like LG C9 so i am hoping that the monitor will be a huge step up from the displays i ve seen. any input on the pro and cons on both are welcome.

Note: in MHW on full ultra using tv, the GPU osd only show i can run at 56-61 fps. on Doom it shows the same fps range too. So does the hdmi input reduce any performance showed? or it shows real fps perfomance?

thanks

18 hours ago, Crosslife said:

this is my build atm

-i7 8700 non K

-RTX 2080 TI ASUS ROG STRIX OC 11 GB

-MOBO AUROS ULTRA Z390 

-16 gb CORSAIR DDR 4 2666 

-SSD NVME 250 GB

-HDD SEAGATE 2 TB

- CORSAIR 750 W PSU

i am aiming to have the most cinematic and best color gaming experience (i play mostly single player games because i dont have much time to play e sport titles nowdays) i am using 4k atm for the setup while deciding which display should i buy. Before i was using LG 60 hz 2560x1080 ultra wide monitor with gtx 960 for years and decided to upgrade to my recent build. i like the ultra wide monitor for work for having more display for many things i need at the same time, but i want a crisp sharp and silky gameplay when i can play in my spare time. i saw some vids that hdr is the new best thing for gaming, both monitor have hdr 1000. I never seen any hdr arent monitor yet, maybe just tvs that i pass by that have hdr advertised like LG C9 so i am hoping that the monitor will be a huge step up from the displays i ve seen. any input on the pro and cons on both are welcome.

Note: in MHW on full ultra using tv, the GPU osd only show i can run at 56-61 fps. on Doom it shows the same fps range too. So does the hdmi input reduce any performance showed? or it shows real fps perfomance?

thanks

Visually, you won’t get better than a LG C9. 

It’s 10-Bit OLED HDR with HDMI 2.1. 

It’s also 120Hz. 

That’s probably the best for SP games right now. 

Monitor Wise, for best picture quality, you are looking at the PG27UQ. 

If you want to wait a few more months, the PG27UQX is coming out. 

If you want 21:9 UltraWide then it’s the ASUS again but then support might not always be there for games. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2019 at 6:54 PM, Knight77 said:

Visually, you won’t get better than a LG C9. 

It’s 10-Bit OLED HDR with HDMI 2.1. 

It’s also 120Hz. 

That’s probably the best for SP games right now. 

Monitor Wise, for best picture quality, you are looking at the PG27UQ. 

If you want to wait a few more months, the PG27UQX is coming out. 

If you want 21:9 UltraWide then it’s the ASUS again but then support might not always be there for games. 

well i managed to get a pg35vq on order, it will arrive in 2 days. i pick pg35vq over pg27uq is mostly because of the screen real estate.

was thinking about your suggestion about the LG C9 but 55 inch is a huge display and there is no HDMI 2.1 GPU atm or any DP option on it. 

just a concern if 90% DCI P3 is noticeable vs DCI P3 97% that pg27uq have.

(pg65uq is out of the question since its size wont fit my workstation)

wish me luck and hope it wont have flickering issue.

will update result asap

6 hours ago, Crosslife said:

well i managed to get a pg35vq on order, it will arrive in 2 days. i pick pg35vq over pg27uq is mostly because of the screen real estate.

was thinking about your suggestion about the LG C9 but 55 inch is a huge display and there is no HDMI 2.1 GPU atm or any DP option on it. 

just a concern if 90% DCI P3 is noticeable vs DCI P3 97% that pg27uq have.

(pg65uq is out of the question since its size wont fit my workstation)

wish me luck and hope it wont have flickering issue.

will update result asap

well i wish i wrote this before you put the order but i bought the asus pg35vq and its the worst purchase ever. flickering everywhere and most companies dont wanna return it because they know about it and they dont wanna lose money on it. and the local dimming is horrible 90% of them are defective my monitor came burned out. after many negotiation newegg accepted to give me a gift card. worst purchase of my life and whoever saying this monitor is flicker free that's straight lie. even when they had that monitor at display at rog. everyone saw the flickering. it's hilarious how asus is acting like this is normal.

72259447_2282540465188144_7363890238386601984_o.jpg

3 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

well i wish i wrote this before you put the order but i bought the asus pg35vq and its the worst purchase ever. flickering everywhere and most companies dont wanna return it because they know about it and they dont wanna lose money on it. and the local dimming is horrible 90% of them are defective my monitor came burned out. after many negotiation newegg accepted to give me a gift card. worst purchase of my life and whoever saying this monitor is flicker free that's straight lie. even when they had that monitor at display at rog. everyone saw the flickering. it's hilarious how asus is acting like this is normal.

A gift card?! Damn! What country are you in? Where I live, refusing a return is downright illegal... you don't even have to give a reason, although if there's no fault and you just changed your mind you have to cover the cost of return yourself. If faulty though, as yours clearly is, they HAVE to accept it back, give you a full and proper refund, as well as cover your return costs.

It is a ball ache with monitors though, just due to the number of models that have problems these days. It's happened to me more times than I care to remember, and the hassle of constantly returning really gets annoying. Personally, I only ever buy monitors from Amazon now as they make it the least complicated and never argue.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

9 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

72259447_2282540465188144_7363890238386601984_o.jpg

yeah i have read your post about the problems with the monitor (and that was after i made the purchase) the monitor is problematic since it arrieved or after you use it for a period of time? the reason i updated this post it to see if this particular model does really have problem or just some units out there that are bad. Btw really sorry to hear about your case. 

20 hours ago, atomicus said:

A gift card?! Damn! What country are you in? Where I live, refusing a return is downright illegal... you don't even have to give a reason, although if there's no fault and you just changed your mind you have to cover the cost of return yourself. If faulty though, as yours clearly is, they HAVE to accept it back, give you a full and proper refund, as well as cover your return costs.

It is a ball ache with monitors though, just due to the number of models that have problems these days. It's happened to me more times than I care to remember, and the hassle of constantly returning really gets annoying. Personally, I only ever buy monitors from Amazon now as they make it the least complicated and never argue.

i live in united states. and newegg refused returns or exchange on this particular monitor.

14 hours ago, Crosslife said:

yeah i have read your post about the problems with the monitor (and that was after i made the purchase) the monitor is problematic since it arrieved or after you use it for a period of time? the reason i updated this post it to see if this particular model does really have problem or just some units out there that are bad. Btw really sorry to hear about your case. 

nope not only my units all the units they have are faulty. they arent selling that much because the regular consumer dont have the money for it. so thats why they are not going to address the issue. and that burned out happened after 1 hour of use. and beside try to play pubg at that monitor your screen going to flash like christmas lights! lmao flicker everywhere literally.

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

i live in united states. and newegg refused returns or exchange on this particular monitor.

That's disgraceful. Don't you have consumer rights in the US?? That fault is utterly indefensible and undeniable on every conceivable level.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

13 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

nope not only my units all the units they have are faulty. they arent selling that much because the regular consumer dont have the money for it. so thats why they are not going to address the issue. and that burned out happened after 1 hour of use. and beside try to play pubg at that monitor your screen going to flash like christmas lights! lmao flicker everywhere literally.

my pg35vq just arrived a few hours ago, it work really well, tested it with some hdr title and videos without any flickering or the gsync shadow problem that your unit has. maybe i need to replicate some condition to check if my unit has the same problem with anyone that received faulty ones?

1571147210781284716764.jpg