Price of Flight from Dallas to Vancouver

Troika

Is there anyone that flew out of Dallas, Texas to goto LTX this year? If so, how much was the round trip flight? I'm curious because I may be in a financial position to go there next year and I'd like to have a general idea of how much to expect to spend on travel. The hotel is relatively easy to estimate and food, ehh, sort of easy as well.

2 hours ago, Mautobu said:

That's in August, it's not an accurate price because its not during LTX and there's probably other events going on. Checking other times of the year shows prices anywhere from $230 as high as $700 for a round trip.

Flight calendars don't go all the way to July 2020, so this is based on June 2020. It should be around $450 round trip if you fly economy and book your flight months in advance. Tickets will get more expensive as the date draws nearer. Flying nonstop might be more expensive than a flight with a connection. Flying out of DWF will be cheaper than flying out of DAL (Love Field), since you won't need a connection at an international airport.

I used to be quite active here.

Here’s my very strong recommendation for almost anyone traveling to LTX next year who lives in the states: fly to Seattle, rent a car, and take the gorgeous 2.5-3 hour drive up. Here’s why:

1. It will be leaps and bounds cheaper than flying direct (it looks like it’s fairly easy to get a flight from Dallas to Seattle for under $200)
  2. Probably faster overall
  3. If you were going to rent a car anyway that’s a moot point 
  4. Really is a beautiful drive
  5. Added bonus going to Seattle means you’re close to a TON of gaming stuff you can check out (take a tour of valve, Nintendo, bungie, Microsoft, unity, and more!)
  6. But more importantly than all else: you don’t have to go through airport customs which is an absolute nightmare and takes so long, it almost made me miss my connecting flight both directions (to and from). You just have to cross the border which takes 20-30 mins tops.

On top of that, strongly consider getting an AirBnB instead of a hotel to save money. Hotels in downtown Vancouver are absurd (upwards of $400-$600 for decent). My four day stay in Canada cost me $38 (total!!! Not per night) for a place 30 mins from downtown.