If you're a GNU/Linux user, describe your desktop

I am currently running Void GNU/Linux with DWM as my window manager

The experience so far was pleasant, the initialization system is great, lightweight simple and starts fast, probably the only reason why I'm still using it

Problems I've had so far are that it uses LibreSSL which is way slower than OpenSSL and is far less used, that causing me a lot of problems with certain packages

I just wish there was an actual good rolling release distribution without SystemD that worked fine

My desktop has one app on it, however my dock is chaotic and changes daily

Pop_OS with GNOME3 (don't judge me, I love it),  so far it's plug and play, stable, runs well, and Pop_OS has better battery management out-of-the-box (though in the end I still tweak the fan curve and  CPU freq table for better battery life). Still hoping GTK has a GUI for screen color adjustment.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:22 PM, naturalselection said:

I just wish there was an actual good rolling release distribution without SystemD that worked fine

Artix, Obarun, Gentoo, Calculate etc.  here is a quick list that for rolling release Linux systems that don't use systemd just from using the distrowatch filters: https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=Linux&category=All&origin=All&basedon=All&notbasedon=None&desktop=All&architecture=All&package=All&rolling=Rolling&isosize=All&netinstall=All&language=All&defaultinit=Not+systemd&status=Active#simple

Just running the default desktop with the pinned programs I use the most since that's where I spend most of my time. That being said, I did find a nice wallpaper to make it pleasing to look at when I'm not using things. Mostly it's the wallpaper I change these days.

desktop.png

For the screen is blue and full of errors.
Powered by GNU/Linux 

Running mGame with Steam as my only icon (home system)

At work I just have Puppy Linux because all I do is edit text files, send emails, and sometimes clone drives so I appreciate how snappy it makes even my low end specs feel.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

Desktop? What's that? Is it that ridiculous, mouse-driven thing that just gets in the way of some good and fast command-line interface?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, naturalselection said:

PCLinuxOS?

------

My desktop runs OpenSUSE Tumbleweed KDE. Just installed OpenMandriva on my new laptop

Arch Linux 32Bit running LXDE

Running on an old MSI Wind U100 (which I did upgrade to 2Gb and an SSD)

Running LXTerminal with htop open on the desktop I use 160-180 megabytes of ram.

ff9a7036cdbe7223aeccd175eb20b4df.png

On 7/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, naturalselection said:

Gentoo. It's what I use - with dwm as my window manager. (Occasional trips to Window Maker though. It's the best stacking desktop environment which I have seen yet.)

Write in C.

Mostly stock KDE Plasma 5.16 on Ubuntu 19.04, little stuff like a desktop pager on the panel, and the stock dark theme. I prefer not to use compositing on X sessions, as it feels dirty and slow when you have a general idea as to how it works. I'd like to use Wayland, but Plasma isn't mature enough for me and some of my apps have no native support.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain