Asus: Our competitors sucks!!!

NumLock21

Doesn't look like the 'PCB layer'-graph starts at 0...

Also, these slides feel like a Tumblr 'callout post'.

I can't be all negative about it, of the slides are truthful and contain meaningful reasons Asus is better, but other than some temp. graphs, I feel like the relevance is not there for most people.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

It's basic ass covering, though fairly bad ass covering. Don't name who you're claiming to be better than. Just say Brand A/B/C or the competition.

If they don;t let people know who is worse then this sly marketing trick is no more effective than a normal ad with the names redacted.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

maybe they could use their motherboards to run a decent photoshop program and learn how to design. 

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I love the removal of a couple of letters from MSI and Gigabyte as if anyone would be fooled by it

So you're telling me Gxxxbyte isn't an adult nightclub? God, I've been played for a fool.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Either ASUS doesn't consider them serious competition, or they can't skew the test in their favor.

Source there was any skewing happening? It's pretty hard to skew side by side comparison photos.

Listen I'm not about to defend any company but it occurs to me that you made a thread where you throw shade on a company because you feel they're throwing shade on other companies when its entirety possible everything they said in these slides is 100% accurate.

That would make you the very thing you're accusing them of being, wouldn't it?

Remember, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Source there was any skewing happening?

Running VRM without a heat sink.

And claiming that MSI can't handle 3.5GHz OC on the 16 core Ryzen, but can handle base clock. The only 16 core is the 3950X. Base clock: 3.5GHz.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

It's pretty hard to skew side by side comparison photos.

It really isn't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I agree, asus motherboards are great.

But why is it that they still suck at making laptops? I know quite a few friends of mine who bought asus laptop for themselves, only to die multiple times before they replaced it, out of frustration and cost

These are clearly marketing slides purposely posted for marking reasons. 

These are not "internal" slides. 

8 hours ago, justpoet said:

Actually, not completely pointless.  This more or less shows efficiency of VRM via lack of heat output.  Sure, adding a heat sink means it can handle more load because it is being cooled, but that doesn't mean it is running better.

Yeah I understand it may relate to VRM efficiency, but temps aren't an issue when the heatsink is on there and the heatsinks Gigabyte and MSI are using are probably more than enough but I'd like to see a third party test comparing these boards.

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Source there was any skewing happening? It's pretty hard to skew side by side comparison photos.

There is plenty of skewing, Asus is claiming their board is better for having a DP port because sure you're going to use a $200 mobo with an APU, very misleading overclock testing slides, claiming their board is better for having reinforced PCI-e X1 slots which doesn't matter, and PCB layers which doesn't really matter to most users either. And no with marketing slides like these I don't know how you could trust the comparison photos to be accurate.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Asus is claiming their board is better for having a DP port because sure you're going to use a $200 mobo with an APU,

That would actually be killer for a test bench if you need to make sure graphics cards work.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Running VRM without a heat sink.

And claiming that MSI can't handle 3.5GHz OC on the 16 core Ryzen, but can handle base clock. The only 16 core is the 3950X. Base clock: 3.5GHz.

They did that on their own board too... That's not skewing, that's a fair comparison.

So the board can handle boosting up to 3.5 on a few cores but can't handle a 3.5 all core OC... Again that's not skewing.

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

There is plenty of skewing, Asus is claiming their board is better for having a DP port because sure you're going to use a $200 mobo with an APU, very misleading overclock testing slides, claiming their board is better for having reinforced PCI-e X1 slots which doesn't matter, and PCB layers which doesn't really matter to most users either. And no with marketing slides like these I don't know how you could trust the comparison photos to be accurate.

Is having it somehow worse/not as good than/as not having it?

Misleading how?

See point one.

Proof that PCB layers don't matter?

Plus none of these points are skewing the results anyway.

I'm not trusting anything, I haven't defended anything. I'm simply asking you all to point out exactly what is so wrong with these slides.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They did that on their own board too... That's not skewing, that's a fair comparison.

It's not a fair comparison. These motherboards come with heat sinks on their VRMs.

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So the board can handle boosting up to 3.5 on a few cores but can't handle a 3.5 all core OC... Again that's not skewing.

3.5 is the BASE CLOCK.

MSi cannot simultaniously hit that and crash with that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's not a fair comparison. These motherboards come with heat sinks on their VRMs.

3.5 is the BASE CLOCK.

MSi cannot simultaniously hit that and crash with that.

OFC its a fair comparison, they removed the heatsink from their own board too, whats not fair about that?

Personally I think they did a typo and meant 4.5 since the 3950X has a boost clock of 4.6 so it would never be boosting to 3.5 anyway but that's speculation so I'll admit that's a little odd.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

whats not fair about that?

No one is stupid enough to run a board like these, with a high end AMD chip, without heat sinks.

And to be quite honest, the only reason to do it is if your heat sink is inferior.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Personally I think they did a typo and meant 4.5 since the 3950X has a boost clock of 4.6 so it would never be boosting to 3.5 anyway but that's speculation so I'll admit that's a little odd.

A typo is not likely to occur twice.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

No way those are internal slides

What's the point of shitting on your competition, internally, to your own employees, using graphic slides.

That's the kind of "slides" you release in the public/press.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

What I meant by "internal slides" isn't just for Asus themselves, but for those behind closed doors and that anything they see, won't be made public about it. The only site that decided to publish it, was that Spanish tech site, while everyone else stayed quiet. As for the thing getting pulled, Gigabyte and MSI complained to AMD, and it was AMD who requested Asus to take it down.

Anyway, I've changed the title of the topic and a bit on the original post.

This was Gigabyte response to Asus, after Asus made slides about how bad their boards were got leaked. At the bottom it shows not for distribution and yet it still got leaked out into the public.

7-P-102661-3.jpg.cb017c2600cb95b8033b8aff725d6c50.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 hours ago, Jurunce said:

These slides are a yoke...

A

YOKE!

Based.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

18 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

Breaking news: Company A thinks their products are better than Company B and C, whereas Company B thinks they're the best.

In an unrelated story, Company D released a press release calling Company A "a joke" and "so full of it."

We have reached out to Company A for verification as to whether or not their CEO smells. Company A replied that they do not comment on rumors or speculation. 

can't spend all day trying to correct their marketing slides, but lets go over one for fun.

https://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2019/07/0017-ASUS-X570-ROG-STRIX-Fighting-Guide.jpg

Kind of gave up at this point. Still fun to read :) If they are making slides like this we must be doing something right.

my new favorite (same slide as above). "G Brand with regular MOS heatsink". Neglected to mention ours is finned... So are we talking about physical dimensions or surface area? The physical dimensions look similar but I don't have the measurements, so ok.

I'm not about to break open a trig book to do the math but I am pretty sure the eye test will tell you fins give you way more surface area.

-GBT_Matthew GIGABYTE Mobo Dept

this just seems like misleading advertising i expected better from asus

edit: i just watched the buildzoid video and i expected things to be misleading at worse because lying can get the pants sued off them so i thought they wouldnt dare to lie but no they are straight out lying about their competitors

13 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Is having it somehow worse/not as good than/as not having it?

Misleading how?

See point one.

Proof that PCB layers don't matter?

Plus none of these points are skewing the results anyway.

I'm not trusting anything, I haven't defended anything. I'm simply asking you all to point out exactly what is so wrong with these slides.

Watch the Buildzoid video linked on the first page. He tears these slides apart and details why they're complete bullshit.

21 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Listen I'm not about to defend any company but it occurs to me that you made a thread where you throw shade on a company because you feel they're throwing shade on other companies when its entirety possible everything they said in these slides is 100% accurate.

Please watch Buildzoid's video. He called out Asus tempering with thermal results multiple times. Keep in mind that he tested same garbage bin 3950x wiht metric crap ton of voltage and observed noticeably lower temperatures on Gigabyte boards.

And let's not ignore parts where Asus flat out lied about specifications of their competitors (layers count, MSI Ace does have Intel gigabit LAN, Gigabyte does have BIOS flashback on their X570 boards)

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

On 7/27/2019 at 4:15 AM, nbrowser said:

And yet I've had more Asus boards go dead than anything from Gigabyte...go figure. Just personal use case is all.

I thought I was just unlucky. I've had 2 Asus boards one died after 9 months, the other is temperamental, forgets the boot drive, occasionally doesn't boot and won't stably overclock regardless of RAM or CPU, not great for an ROG board. And then there is my Asus monitor... I'm steering clear of Asus for my next build. 

On 7/27/2019 at 5:24 AM, VegetableStu said:

MXI Twxn Froxr texxnology

GXXXBYTE WXNDFXXXE

AXUS RXG STRIX

Did you replace the X in STRIX or it's the original one. Can't tell ?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

On 7/27/2019 at 6:43 PM, Master Disaster said:

He means that on this chip 3.5 isn't OC at all, that is it's base clock. No boosting necessary.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones