Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PapaSimmz

Which MOBO is better POLL

Take your pick, wanna see what people think.

either will do what the other can do, only things different are ASRock still using legacy

PCI if you need that for an older sound/network card. both can overclock, both can

SLI/CFX, have 6 SATA ports and Intel LAN. i haven't used ASROCK UEFI, but i have

the Hero and it is straight-forward and well categorized. if you want red/black scheme,

its Hero, you looking for a blackout scheme, prolly the X3. as for cost X3 is a far better

value, but i use ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI all of the time and haven't reinvested time on

the ASRock products.

I'm mean like obliviously the Asus board. But if you need to get something half decent and stuff The asrock to go. They aren't the best but also not the worst motherboard company, I can say that since I used to have one for my apu. Btw they are a subdivision or offspring of Asus. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Hero is defiantly the better board. But you can't go wrong with Asrock for a budget board.

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

High performance gaming? Just pick which ever motherboard is cheaper and or has the features that you want such as better on-board sound or matches your color scheme.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Posted · Best Answer

Take your pick, wanna see what people think.

either will do what the other can do, only things different are ASRock still using legacy

PCI if you need that for an older sound/network card. both can overclock, both can

SLI/CFX, have 6 SATA ports and Intel LAN. i haven't used ASROCK UEFI, but i have

the Hero and it is straight-forward and well categorized. if you want red/black scheme,

its Hero, you looking for a blackout scheme, prolly the X3. as for cost X3 is a far better

value, but i use ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI all of the time and haven't reinvested time on

the ASRock products.

I voted for the Asrock, not because it's better but it's more than enough and a max vi hero isn't going to perform any better at all. The main issue we've mostly seen with Asrock boards were mostly because of the cheap VRM that was limiting overclocks or the vrm was overheating or reading the vcore with a voltmeter it was showing 100mV more than the bios, now with haswell boards they stepped their game up and theyre perfect.

The Maximus VI hero is just for the blingbling.