Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krokzilaa

Choosing my next phone.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Choosing my next phone next week, cant decide on which one. There is a great deal un my local Shop for xiaomi pochophone f1 and Samsung a70- same pricing. Ive kept in mind linus video on tweeking the pochophone, but im still un sure of my decision. Would love any Comments

Personally I would go from the pocophone, it has a much faster SOC and will last for longer because of it being completely unlocked (bootloader and ROM wise), the A70 has a better AMOLED screen though if you don't care about unlocked bootloaders. Other than that, the battery life on A70 might be a bit better.  I would recommend using Pixel Experience or another AOSP based ROM on the pocophone if it works with your carrier.

Current:
Custom SFF AMD Sleeper (Gaming):
- CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.8Ghz all cores

- GPU: Reference RX Vega 64
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200Mhz
- Storage: 256GB Samsung PM951 NVMe SSD, 2TB WD Black HDD
- Displays: Asus VG248QE 1080p @144hz, 2x Dell SE2417HGR 1080p @60Hz

Dell Precision M6700 (Daily):

- CPU: i7-3720qm @ 3.4GHz all cores
- dGPU: K3000M "Gigahertz Edition" 1006Mhz Core, 2004Mhz MEM (MXM RX 480 coming)

- eGPU: MSI Armour RX 480 4GB (Retired)
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Impact @ 1600Mhz
- Storage: 256GB mSATA w/ 2x 1TB WD Black HDDs in RAID 0
- Display: Samsung LTN173HT02 120Hz 1080p internal display With 120Hz Input Mod! (Also Retired)

Dell Poweredge R720 (Server):
CPUs: 2x Xeon E5-2667v2 @ 3.6Ghz all cores
RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) @ 1333Mhz

Storage: 1x Intel 160GB SATA III SSD, 15x Seagate SAS Enterprise 1TB HDD in RAID 6

1 hour ago, Krokzilaa said:

Choosing my next phone next week, cant decide on which one. There is a great deal un my local Shop for xiaomi pochophone f1 and Samsung a70- same pricing. Ive kept in mind linus video on tweeking the pochophone, but im still un sure of my decision. Would love any Comments

The A70 unless you really need raw performance or dont want a phablet. The big near bezel-less OLED screen and 4,500mAh battery are big draws, and combine to offer truly impressive battery life. The A70 also uses a Snapdragon chipset, so its only time before it gets community mod and custom rom support. That is if it matters to you at all.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

13 hours ago, Krokzilaa said:

Damm, i really cant decide > : (

Which one would last longer (quality/support wise) 

What phone are you currently using and what are your major complaints about it?

What about the phone do you think is the most important?

Will you be rooting or use custom roms?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.