Is Linus unaware of what content type works?

BleachedFur

According to metrics:

Gaming at 8K 60fps - 2 million views after 3 days

BMW's Crazy Surprise - still less than 1 million views after 3 days

News flash Linus, your viewers don't give two flying fucks about BMW, 90% of your viewers are 14 year olds with craptops and fantasies about quad titan SLI. Your viewers also don't give two shits if BMW sponsored your video, I'll bet you my $3800 dual socket workstation that not a single person who watched that video thought "Hm, I should buy a BMW!".

36jcwk.jpg

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Just now, spartaman64 said:

its not about buying bmws its about autonomous driving 

you should compound arch yourself into a different thread because you completely missed the target here.

Image result for point over head

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

1 hour ago, BleachedFur said:

you should compound arch yourself into a different thread because you completely missed the target here.

its linus's channel he can make videos about whatever he wants if you want more videos about quad titan slis then make your own

2 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

Image result for point over head

Being a fellow Tech Tuber going to have to help you understand.  Our passion is technology, we love innovation and we want to share it with people.  Sure, a different crowd/audience watches those videos, but Linus doesn't just do videos for pure views.  He's a 30ish year old guy who loves tech and sharing it with people.

11 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

According to metrics:

News flash Linus, your viewers don't give two flying fucks about BMW, 90% of your viewers are 14 year olds with craptops and fantasies about quad titan SLI. Your viewers also don't give two shits if BMW sponsored your video, I'll bet you my $3800 dual socket workstation that not a single person who watched that video thought "Hm, I should buy a BMW!".

Newsflash @BleachFur :

Gaming at 8K with 2 million views makes $5000 from Adsense and a bunch more from affiliate links in the video or whatever

BMW pays Linux $10-20k to make the video.

(bogus numbers, out of my ass, could be way different)

Linus' only worry could be weighing if the revenue is worth the tiny drop in subscribers or complaints due to sponsored content.

Go complain about target viewing somewhere else.

Some people genuinely enjoy the quirkier or less popular things. I, for one, really enjoyed the minivans Doug DeMuro reviewed, even if a lot of you couldn't give a shit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Whats wrong with a bit of variety in the videos, I mean JayzTwoCents also does the occasional video on cars and tbh I also enjoy something different to the usual stuff he uploads.

Tech doesn't revolve around jerking off to quad Titan SLIs or dual-socket builds, unless the video is being presented by Anthony.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

7 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Whats wrong with a bit of variety in the videos, I mean JayzTwoCents also does the occasional video on cars and tbh I also enjoy something different to the usual stuff he uploads.

Yeah, and anther example would be how bitwit occasionally posts a PC video on his lifestyle vlogging channel. :P

Doing the sponsored videos are what pay for the fun projects. 

A video on BMW Self driving cars may not be LTTs normal stuff, but it does have a link to tech and lots of people are interested in self driving and electric vehicles. It's not as if they're fully departing from their theme and taking sponsorship deals to showcase Kylie Jenners new makeup line.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Unless you're working for LTT's PR department, why should you care about how many views his vids are getting or how much revenue each vid pulls in? It's YouTube, if you don't like the video, leave and move on. No one's forcing you to watch it. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Honestly that weirder stuff that LTT covers is why I sometimes watch their videos. They know that this type of content doesn't make as much views but they don't care because it was interesting enough to them and that's what matters. I think.

Doug DeMuro doesn't really do cars on what the audience always want, and I'd argue neither does Regular Car Reviews.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

32 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

According to metrics:

@LinusTech Hire this man. He has clearly cracked the YouTube "code". Hurry before Jay or Paul catch wind of his business acumen.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Isn't the most watched video on LTT still the toy firetruck video? lol

If you don't want to watch something, news flash, you don't have to. No one is forcing you to. Plus it wasn't the only LTT video that day.

I for one, enjoy something different every once in awhile.

39 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

News flash Linus, your viewers don't give two flying fucks about BMW,

Aren't you the one to make quick assumptions. those who give a flying fucks are the reason who are still watching his channel, i couldn't be bothered to see his "We Destr… Hydro Dipped a $1200 GPU!" , "Cheap vs. Expensive Gaming!?", "building a X Dollar PC" because i've grown past it, but you know what i am not past? it's the random videos such as "BMW's Crazy Surprise - Concept Autonomous Cars & Motorbike!",   "The ACTUAL Computer from the Saturn V Rocket - ft. SmarterEveryDay" , 

so no, you might be the audience from the 2 Mil who saw the "Gaming at 8K 60fps" video but i was from the 1 Mil Audience who saw the "BMW's Crazy Surprise" video, it's called diversifying, those 14 year old won't always stay 14, it's those who watching his odd out of the PC video who keep his channel alive when people of 14 loose interest in his content and when the his content goes out of fashion, do you think he would be as relevant if he still made unboxings ?

I couldn't care less by these vidoes below, it's pointless non scripted* 2 people bickering, its boring AF 

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/21562-rohith_kumar_sp/?status=228828&type=status

AAA.thumb.png.ed1837975e46969d5904eddd82dfc293.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:09 PM, BleachedFur said:

1 million views > 0 views, ergo even bad video > no video.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

but i was from the 1 Mil Audience who saw the "BMW's Crazy Surprise" video

Me as well, though I was hoping it would've had more depth to it, ie. more technical details and digging into stuff. Alas, I know full well that they can't really start tearing the cars down on-scene nor would BMW be likely to start showing off their proprietary tech in detail. Shame, though.

It was still interesting enough and I, certainly, don't mind non-PC videos as well on the channel.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Alas, I know full well that they can't really start tearing the cars down on-scene

I for one want to see Linus try and drop a BMW 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

59 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Unless you're working for LTT's PR department, why should you care about how many views his vids are getting or how much revenue each vid pulls in? It's YouTube, if you don't like the video, leave and move on. No one's forcing you to watch it. 

This.. some people just wanna act smart on the forums, because it is the only place in the world they'll get attention.. sad..

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

1 hour ago, normpearii said:

Isn't the most watched video on LTT still the toy firetruck video? lol

I'd like to see LTT review a full size fire truck.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

come back if that truck is optimus prime

Best we can do is ASUS Prime

Linus gets a free trip. Then makes you watch his holiday vid :)

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I really enjoyed the content. Great work for Linus to be able to fly to places across the world and make videos, must have been nice to get out of the old office. You aren't everyone OP, and need to grow up a little. 

I haven't watched the video about BMW because it didn't tell me what it was and it had motorbike on the thumbnail iirc. I don't care much about motorbikes and title didn't convice me enough to watch it.

If it said "BMW's crazy autopilot" (if it really is crazy in a good way) and it was a BMW car on the thumb, I'd probably watch it because that does interest me.