good headsets that last

hawken04

I’m looking for a headset that has replaceable ear cushions in case the old ones get messed up, I also want great music quality and surround sound, I don’t need a mic because I already have one. And I guess good for gaming too. (I have beats solo 3 right now)

Budget? There's a huge range of options, especially if you don't have to factor a mic into the budget. 

That's an F in the profile pic

21 minutes ago, hawken04 said:

I’m looking for a headset that has replaceable ear cushions in case the old ones get messed up, I also want great music quality and surround sound, I don’t need a mic because I already have one. And I guess good for gaming too. (I have beats solo 3 right now)

I recommend Sennheiser's. I have them myself and love them. Also just replaced the ear pads.

PC Set up 

CPU: I9-9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-Wifi

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gamin Z 

Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB 3000MHZ (8GB X 2) 

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro Lighting Enhancement Kit (0GB X 2) 

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB 

Build Log found here:

12 minutes ago, Justinzonfire said:

I recommend Sennheiser's. I have them myself and love them. Also just replaced the ear pads.

13 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Budget? There's a huge range of options, especially if you don't have to factor a mic into the budget. 

Budget is 300$

3 minutes ago, hawken04 said:

Budget is 300$

For $300 you can probably nab yourself a Sennheiser he 58x or a dt 990 ,, or a he 4xx and a decentexternal amp with virtual surround sound.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

For $300 you can probably nab yourself a Sennheiser he 58x or a dt 990 ,, or a he 4xx and a decentexternal amp with virtual surround sound.

Ok I’ll check it out

14 minutes ago, hawken04 said:

Ok I’ll check it out

but if you ware worried about longevity I would kinda say stay awayfrom the 990 as it has an attached cable. unless you want to pay someone to mod them for you. 

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

but if you ware worried about longevity I would kinda say stay awayfrom the 990 as it has an attached cable. unless you want to pay someone to mod them for you. 

Ok

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

Although a removable cable would have been greatly preferred, Beyerdynamic's cables are rock solid imo. The Pro versions of their headphones are built to last for years of tough studio use. I have the DT770 myself (same thing but closed back)

OP, would you prefer an open or closed back (if you don't know what that is I'm happy to explain). Is portability important?

That's an F in the profile pic

12 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Although a removable cable would have been greatly preferred, Beyerdynamic's cables are rock solid imo. The Pro versions of their headphones are built to last for years of tough studio use. I have the DT770 myself (same thing but closed back)

OP, would you prefer an open or closed back (if you don't know what that is I'm happy to explain). Is portability important?

It’s just going to stay at my table hooked to my computer, and could you explain the difference between an open and closed back?

2 hours ago, hawken04 said:

It’s just going to stay at my table hooked to my computer, and could you explain the difference between an open and closed back?

this is an open back

Image result for hd 58x

as you can see with the open back their is a grill on othe sidesor "back" of the heaqdphone the main qualities in sound with them is they tend to sound more open , giving you a wider soundstage which is really good for gaming. open backs tend to sound less bassy but more natural.  but open backs tend to leak sound in and out so if you are in a noisy room I would not recommend getting these. but they are better for gaming and in my opinion most music. reason why I personally use them

20 hours ago, rice guru said:

this is an open back

Image result for hd 58x

as you can see with the open back their is a grill on othe sidesor "back" of the heaqdphone the main qualities in sound with them is they tend to sound more open , giving you a wider soundstage which is really good for gaming. open backs tend to sound less bassy but more natural.  but open backs tend to leak sound in and out so if you are in a noisy room I would not recommend getting these. but they are better for gaming and in my opinion most music. reason why I personally use them

I see, so would a Razer Nari Ultimate be a good headset with open back?

1 hour ago, hawken04 said:

I see, so would a Razer Nari Ultimate be a good headset with open back?

Nope I don't think it's even an open back . Looks into the Sennheiser pc37x that's a good headset for the price that's an open back

$300?
Beyerdynamic MMX 300 V2

You can also try V-moda Crossfade 2 wireless (Codex edition or rose gold) with a v-moda boompro mic.

You can get replacement cushions as well as other compatible boompro type mics for it.

37 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

$300?
Beyerdynamic MMX 300 V2

You can also try V-moda Crossfade 2 wireless (Codex edition or rose gold) with a v-moda boompro mic.

You can get replacement cushions as well as other compatible boompro type mics for it.

55 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Nope I don't think it's even an open back . Looks into the Sennheiser pc37x that's a good headset for the price that's an open back

I’ll check them out

So I looked through a bit, and those headphones are darn good except the V-moda are a bit expensive, the MMX 300 are definitely considerable. Would a sennheiser HD 6xx be good? I really do want open back now that you have explained it to me.

29 minutes ago, hawken04 said:

So I looked through a bit, and those headphones are darn good except the V-moda are a bit expensive, the MMX 300 are definitely considerable. Would a sennheiser HD 6xx be good? I really do want open back now that you have explained it to me.

Weird.  When I bought the Rose Gold (not the Codex), they were $250, putting them in MMX 300 range when you include the boom mic.

Not sure why both the non codex and codex are the same price.  That's bizarre.

Maybe give Amazon a call and ask them what's up with the logic in that price.  The newer version (with aac and aptx) should not be the same price as the older one (with only aptx).

1 hour ago, hawken04 said:

The 6xx isn't good for gaming . The 58x is though. One of the best options out there for gaming. But my choice open back for gaming is the dt990

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

The 6xx isn't good for gaming . The 58x is though. One of the best options out there for gaming. But my choice open back for gaming is the dt990

I’ll check it out, thanks for the suggestions

3 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Weird.  When I bought the Rose Gold (not the Codex), they were $250, putting them in MMX 300 range when you include the boom mic.

Not sure why both the non codex and codex are the same price.  That's bizarre.

Maybe give Amazon a call and ask them what's up with the logic in that price.  The newer version (with aac and aptx) should not be the same price as the older one (with only aptx).

I’ll give them a call to see the logic.

Just now, hawken04 said:

They look good but I couldn’t find if they had surround sound

12 hours ago, hawken04 said:

I see, I need a sound card, well I would need to fit that in that 320$ budget, anyone know good sound cards under 100$ (I probably could squeeze 340$ in for the whole headset and sound card but, I really wanna stay under 300$ if possible)