Wanting to build my own pc, just need help of the components and capabilities of every single thing I need

1 hour ago, VEXICUS said:

Samsung drives are overpriced.

Yes that mushkin drive is a pretty good.

I thought so.

So I’m thinking amd because like what you said Intel base system is expensive, but how expensive though? would love to see the actual build for intel base pc.

Also now that I’ve see the monitor’s and cost the-same as a ssd 

what would it look like for a build in amd without the accessories and monitor ?

(just going to separate them)

An intel build. Most of the added cost is the need for a cpu cooler and a slightly higher capacity psu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($361.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($118.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($99.95 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($239.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($67.69 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($106.99 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $1255.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-28 23:31 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

So I’m looking at this case right now amazon rosewalt Case. Is this case compatible with the cpu graphics and other components?

Going for amd build if you guys suggest it that way. I already think it’s a big upgrade to what I have.

So this is the set that I have in mind.

(Hope that everything I type here with the link isn’t the same as what you guys recommend like their are numbers that or model that’s I dont understand).

Type                          Item

CPU:    AMD 7 3700x 3.6 GHz 8 core processor

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard ( from amazon hope this one is the same) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper X 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory( is their a better RAM out their that are sold in amazon love using amazon by the way)

Storage: Mushkin Enhanced Helix-L 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive(can’t find it in amazon though. I can see the 500 g not the 1 TB)

Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING Video Card

Case:  Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with Tempered Glass and RGB Fans ....etc. (is this compatible?)

Power Supply: I don’t exactly know what kind of power supply do I want in this build or how “much or many?” watts it needs to be compatible.

Want to separate the monitor by the way so I’m still looking for a monitor that i would like or love to have.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 or 32 what’s the difference?) 

I really like this build right now, would love to see if it is compatible and I do need alternative for the Memory (that’s the RAM right?) 

mane the ssd (can’t find the muskin 1TB).

Thank you and excited for this ?

Just finished lining up the PC that I’m going to build just wondering if their is anything I need or missing.

PCPickers: My PC

•Thermal Compound 

•Cooler

•wifii (or just a simple rj45 will fix it)

• etc

Am I missing something or its ready to go?

On 8/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, KevinD29 said:

Just finished lining up the PC that I’m going to build just wondering if their is anything I need or missing.

PCPickers: My PC

•Thermal Compound 

•Cooler

•wifii (or just a simple rj45 will fix it)

• etc

Am I missing something or its ready to go?

No need for cooler 3900x comes with it. No need for Thermal Compound, it comes pre-applied.

Do you need wifi? Does your Ethernet cable not reach? If yes why not buy a mobo with wifi on it?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gwPgXL/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi

If not then no you don't need wifi.

2 hours ago, celerystruct said:

No need for cooler 3900x comes with it. No need for Thermal Compound, it comes pre-applied.

Do you need wifi? Does your Ethernet cable not reach? If yes why not buy a mobo with wifi on it?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gwPgXL/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi

Thank you for the reply Celerystruct, good question it will, I’m thinking buying extensions power cord if that’s safe with this kind of stuff.

One last question before I start buying.

I can’t really buy everything in one go is it ok that it slowly and build it next month or do I need to build some of the parts immediately for some safety purposes?

Forgot to add the case.

Rosewill ATX MID Tower - dimension, 22.7 x 22.1 x 11.3 in

Can’t really find it in PC parts thus this ATX MID Tower is compatible with the build?

Buying parts over time, even a reasonably short period of a month or so, is not a good idea. The principal reason is that merchants have a limited return period after which one has to go through the warranty return process. (I've encountered merchants with as short a period as 10 days.) Besides, pretty much everything relies on everything else. and the only way to insure that a component is functioning properly is to incorporate it into a functioning system.

I'd suggest saving until the entire purchase can be made in a matter of a few days. Tough to wait but ultimately a better approach. Besides, the 3900X has supply issues at the moment. Waiting a month or so will allow supply to catch up with demand.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, brob said:

Buying parts over time, even a reasonably short period of a month or so, is not a good idea. The principal reason is that merchants have a limited return period after which one has to go through the warranty return process. (I've encountered merchants with as short a period as 10 days.) Besides, pretty much everything relies on everything else. and the only way to insure that a component is functioning properly is to incorporate it into a functioning system.

I'd suggest saving until the entire purchase can be made in a matter of a few days. Tough to wait but ultimately a better approach. Besides, the 3900X has supply issues at the moment. Waiting a month or so will allow supply to catch up with demand.

That’s reasonable enough, ok I’ll just wait then.

Also 3900x is the processor right or cpu?

8 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

Also 3900x is the processor right or cpu?

Yes.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, brob said:

On 8/5/2019 at 5:26 AM, celerystruct said:

do anti virus still needed in this era ? 

1 hour ago, KevinD29 said:

do anti virus still needed in this era ? 

YES! Anti-virus and anti-malware. If using Windows you can use Defender which is included with the o/s. 

4k editing :
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3300 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: TCSunBow X3 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.23 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($204.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.99 @ Walmart) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: Acer ET322QK wmiipx 31.5" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1516.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-14 14:35 EDT-0400

On 8/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, brob said:

YES! Anti-virus and anti-malware. If using Windows you can use Defender which is included with the o/s. 

you know what I’m going to take that in to consideration..

On 8/14/2019 at 1:36 PM, m777y said:

-snip-

m777y:

Is this areas and write?(Sunbow storage ssd)

also love the monitor. 

Sunbow: 6000 data transfer-Don’t exactly know if this is a read or writeDon’t exactly know if this is a read or write.

Also want to add. I think i’m going to stick with your video card man, also I’m looking at nvdia just because it somewhat compatible with premier pro

44 minutes ago, KevinD29 said:

m777y:

Is this areas and write?(Sunbow storage ssd)

also love the monitor. 

Sunbow: 6000 data transfer-Don’t exactly know if this is a read or writeDon’t exactly know if this is a read or write.

Also want to add. I think i’m going to stick with your video card man, also I’m looking at nvdia just because it somewhat compatible with premier pro

tc sunbow made by big chinese company

http://www.tcsunbow.com.cn/pd.jsp?id=28

have good review + not seen many bad review so far. if you want spare little more budget, go to crucial mx500.

Just wanted to share experience with Premiere Pro CC and After effect

so I'm using Asus Laptop with spec of

i7-3610QM 3.2Ghz

16GB Ram DDR3

1TB Hitachi

GT650M

So regarding performance using this old device, this thing edit 1080P very smooth with a lot of effects. cutting and moving part very smoothly and I can do preview without Lag. and so i assume this is suite me for the best. then i change laptop to ultrabook using i5-U version and 8GB DDR4 and MX150 4GB. unfortunately, it lags so bad. nevermind the effect, the basic video editing sometimes struggles as like a preview was lagging. idk what happened back then because my cpu was like 20-30% faster and MX150 is like 2X performance of Gt650M. now the problem is within the RAM. i noticed that im using SIngle-Channel DDR4 and my old Laptop use 8 X 2 DDr3. the dual-channel and double Ram affect greatly compared to upgrading CPU and GPU. and after researching on the internet. adobe always recommend 16GB for its own application. CPU could increase rendering performance but with low Ram around 4GB or 8GB memory, its better to upgrade to 16.

So in my experience with 1080p After effect and Premiere Pro with a laptop. Ram impact more than CPU as long as the difference within CPU was small. my CPU basically as strong as i3 8th gen with extra 4thread but with 16GB ram, it can do smooth editing even with a lot of effects.

so RAM matter a lot.

As for the build since everyone already recommends their Best build. i could gives you some Advice:

i3 or Ryzen 3 is enough for 1080P rendering with low-middle effect as long as ram within 16GB. but i hugely recommend to get at least 6C which are i5 and Ryzen 5 for better performance. the GPU also help render with its CUDA cores so even 1050ti would help.

so for basic 1080p Render: 4Core , 16GB ram and 1050ti which is old can do enough. but for recommended option 6C and 1650 would do.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

12 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

-snip-

Thanks for sharing Wolfycapt. 

Was thinking about that.That a cpu with 6 core or i5 or rayzen 5 would be enough, but looking at upgrading to 4k later on so going to get Ryzen 7 would be a good standing point with a 32 RAM, gpu wise it is built for gamers so i will look at what you recommend (gpu are expensive ?).

Thanks again Wolfycapt.

So confused about nvidia right now, are all MSI, evag, gigabytes,etc... are branched of nvidia? 

Like in Pudget company (they really give clear details on performance on gpu) 

Nvidia is a the best way to go in using adobe premiere pro, but is nvidia a software not a hardware?

So confused on where to buy the gpu now.

Also looking for budget friendly gpu, 1650 or 200 $ below.

Edited:

Also just one more question. Linus did talk about this. If a motherboard is a quad channel not dual. Is it ok to get two sticks of RAM(16 each) if your using a quad motherboard?

Nvidia make the main gpu chip. They also design and produce a reference board for various gpu models. Various manufacturers buy the gpu chips and using the reference design either copy it or tweak it to produce various offerings. While one can buy an Nvidia made gpu, often the third party versions have features that are more attractive to consumers. 

Performance of various gpu based on the same chip fall into a narrow band. Clock speeds generally account for noticeable differences.

Memory modules must be electrically matched to work together in a multi channel setup. If they have not been matched there is always a small chance that they will not be able to function together in multi channel. (That is not to say that the system will not work. The system will simply work in single channel mode.) There is no guarantee that two same model dual channel kits will be able to work in quad channel.

38 minutes ago, KevinD29 said:

So confused about nvidia right now, are all MSI, evag, gigabytes,etc... are branched of nvidia? 

Nvidia is a the best way to go in using adobe premiere pro, but is nvidia a software not a hardware?

Edited:

Also just one more question. Linus did talk about this. If a motherboard is a quad channel not dual. Is it ok to get two sticks of RAM(16 each) if your using a quad motherboard?

Intel makes the CPU, and MSI, gigabyte, etc make motherboards that you put the CPU in. Nvidia makes the GPU, the GPU gets put inside a "motherboard" of sorts by MSI, gigabyte, etc. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 hours ago, brob said:

Nvidia make the main gpu chip. They also design and produce a reference board for various gpu models. Various manufacturers buy the gpu chips and using the reference design either copy it or tweak it to produce various offerings. While one can buy an Nvidia made gpu, often the third party versions have features that are more attractive to consumers. 

Performance of various gpu based on the same chip fall into a narrow band. Clock speeds generally account for noticeable differences.

Memory modules must be electrically matched to work together in a multi channel setup. If they have not been matched there is always a small chance that they will not be able to function together in multi channel. (That is not to say that the system will not work. The system will simply work in single channel mode.) There is no guarantee that two same model dual channel kits will be able to work in quad channel.

Can you explain father the single, dual... quad channel and their benefits, kinda new to that stuff. 

Edited: 

Just search it.

13 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

Thanks for sharing Wolfycapt. 

Was thinking about that.That a cpu with 6 core or i5 or rayzen 5 would be enough, but looking at upgrading to 4k later on so going to get Ryzen 7 would be a good standing point with a 32 RAM, gpu wise it is built for gamers so i will look at what you recommend (gpu are expensive ?).

Thanks again Wolfycapt.

Edited:

all the brand like MSI, gigabyte,etc are a company that built a tech product including the graphic cards. but all of the hardware and software goes to Nvidia, they basically partnership.

there are some application that utilize the power of core inside Nvidia compared to Radeon. nvidia use a thing called Cuda core and Radeon use OpenGL to make things faster. and in adobe there's something called Mercury Render that uses GPU as a helper for render.

for the 200$ below gpu which is. 1660 i believed? other than that rx5704GB/8GB and1050ti

if the mobo is QUAD but you only add Dual. its means you have more room to expand the memory. just make sure both mobo and cpu support quad-channel.

basically the more channel the faster the bandwith.

On 8/19/2019 at 2:30 AM, Wolfycapt said:

all the brand like MSI, gigabyte,etc are a company that built a tech product including the graphic cards. but all of the hardware and software goes to Nvidia, they basically partnership.

there are some application that utilize the power of core inside Nvidia compared to Radeon. nvidia use a thing called Cuda core and Radeon use OpenGL to make things faster. and in adobe there's something called Mercury Render that uses GPU as a helper for render.

for the 200$ below gpu which is. 1660 i believed? other than that rx5704GB/8GB and1050ti

if the mobo is QUAD but you only add Dual. its means you have more room to expand the memory. just make sure both mobo and cpu support quad-channel.

basically the more channel the faster the bandwith.

Any recommendations on a 1660 wolfycapt? 

because I’m looking at gigabytes right now just because of their fan (maybe I need dual fan?)

9 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

Any recommendations on a 1660 wolfycapt? 

because I’m looking at gigabytes right now just because of their fan (maybe I need dual fan?)

yeah, dual-fan brother. any kind of brand is fine but i dont recommend ASRock for GPU

13 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

yeah, dual-fan brother. any kind of brand is fine but i dont recommend ASRock for GPU

ok got it. Also I’m looking at buying it in amazon with added protection plan of all of the  hardware if i can, is it worth it though ? (I’m actually thinking buying everything in amazon, but I’m seeing newsegg and other site offer free shipping )

12 hours ago, KevinD29 said:

ok got it. Also I’m looking at buying it in amazon with added protection plan of all of the  hardware if i can, is it worth it though ? (I’m actually thinking buying everything in amazon, but I’m seeing newsegg and other site offer free shipping )

i always bought in store not online so.....

On 8/26/2019 at 10:12 PM, Wolfycapt said:

i always bought in store not online so.....

so without warrants or something?