Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

13 minutes ago, minibois said:

Every board has VRM's, some just have a more elaborate setup or better cooling on it.

Assuming you mean you have a B450M-A, that doesn't have additional cooling on the VRM's, not meaning for CPU's above a Ryzen 5 (and even those are a stretch).

Also, are you looking at single or all core boosts? AMD and Intel advertise single core boost clocks, while if you use more than 1 core, it wont reach that speed; more equally dividing all the speed among the cores.

A decent way to know if your board is fit for your CPU is checking in on the tier list:

Where the Prime-A is a Tier F board fit for a "maxed out 1300X"

Thanks for the advice. I will take a look.  I was pretty sure the solution was going to be a new motherboard - it's not enough of a priority to make the fix right now.

I'd still love to see a TechQuickie on the topic - since boost clocking is now a major part of the marketing pitch for any CPU but it seems there is still a bit of "dark art" required to get the most out of the chip.

Thanks for the quick response

Do 150$ (USD) high/ultra 1080p PC!!
Saw some Xeon 1220 for 15$ recently and you can get new old stock RX 470 for like 70$ nowadays, although the CPU is gonna be a bottleneck in some places, it's still best price to performance you can get period! 150$ should be enough to build such PC when getting new old stock RX 470, new SSD, new or used PSU and all the rest used parts. Would be nice to compare it with consoles as the price is kinda like xbox one but the performance should be more like xbox one x! :D Total console killer on the budget :D

PS: Prices may be different in Canada, I'm basing it on the prices we have in Europe
Edit:
Wrong thread 

Hearing aid better or worse for gaming

Im reading Warren Buffets biography and they talk about Bloomberg Terminals which are special trading computers and modems that give real time data for traders. They cost about $25,000 a year to lease. 

I still dont really understand them. Theyve been a staple on wall street since the 80s and everyone whos anyone has to have one. would be a cool tech quickie? 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i have the following video suggestion for TQ, some more information about 'gaming eyewear'

Greetings

MoCa as in the alternative to get Networking to hard-to-reach places in your house

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 8:29 AM, AntiTrust said:

Im reading Warren Buffets biography and they talk about Bloomberg Terminals which are special trading computers and modems that give real time data for traders. They cost about $25,000 a year to lease. 

I still dont really understand them. Theyve been a staple on wall street since the 80s and everyone whos anyone has to have one. would be a cool tech quickie? 

These days they aren't 'terminals' in the old fashioned sense of a 'dumb' terminal. Bloomberg terminals these days are basically just bog standard Windows 10 machines that run the Bloomberg software, which serves us a data feed provided by Bloomberg. Companies in financial services pay an annual subscription to license that software.

They have a pretty steep learning curve to begin with because not only is the software heavily stilted toward power users (and they use their own, custom keyboard which last time I checked is like $200 to replace), it has the double whammy of being designed specifically for investment management professionals and therefore requires a functional understanding of investing. A terminal allows you to do straightforward things like track stock or bond prices, yields, dividends etc, but also do deeper analysis and research on an enormous universe of investment instruments, create a variety of reports, follow live news stories and the like.

quick overview of different programming languages like C++,python, Java, web languages 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:11 AM, SnoopyPaladin89 said:

What about a tech quickie on Nixie Tubes. There displays that were used before the led and know have a big following from enthusiasts.

YEHA! I am one

Also: TechQuickie about electron Tubes in general. I mean thats still sort of the same principle of what makes our electronics go.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

mac os vs windows 10 

do a run down of who each operating system is meant for and what the differences are  

Please excuse my spelling

how about a video that explain when you should buy stuff such as laptop.

of course, if you need it now, you need to buy it now.

but i mean when usually there a price-drop or major discounts like we see every year on the older iphones

The recent push of ARM in server chips as fast as possible

ASICs as fast as possible

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Can we have a video explaining what pcie lanes are?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I would like a video about QOS and bufferbloat. I have written a draft that explains this in detail as well as practical solutions, it was supposed to be for a tech  website but it fell through

You could also do a long form LTT Video on the subject for practical applications, and I bet Asus  would be all over that sponsor spot. 

There's lots of subtety and bro science in this topic, I think I'd be great and I'd like to be a part of it 

I'd like to see a video comparing a bunch of different wall socket USB fast chargers, both to find the fastest and best value options (and probably include some dodgy cheap aliexpress ones for fun)

I would love to see a Tech Quickie episode on networking. More specifically on IP addresses, subnet masks, network prefixes, host parts and what all of these are used for.

I was thinking an episode could be done on chips made for custom solutions. I worked in a fabrication facility, and there were so many types of materials used to create whatever a customer wanted for a chip. The market is surprisingly big for people needing a custom solution for their tech. Our wafer sizes used were mostly 200mm to 300mm.

Our focus was more on 3D-ICs and wafer bonding, but sitting in on presentations for proposed custom chips were always cool, even if they never came to market.

Also, I was looking around but couldn't find a video about another thing I'd like to be easily condensed; dual-booting different operating systems. It'd be nice to have a video explaining different options. I'm about to adding Ubuntu to dual-boot, currently using Windows 10. I've been using a VM in the meantime.

Linus, could you do a video of a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra teardown to see how Samsung give the phone such good specs while still keeping it quite thin?