Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

On 1/17/2019 at 1:56 AM, Canada EH said:

Yes, to a great degree yes.

Wow. How useless for something like that to exist

Create a video showing "10 Things NOT AVAILABLE TO WESTERNER'S THAT ARE FREE WITH VPN ACCESS"

Examples:

CALL OF DUTY: ONLINE--- Chinese Exclusive

Netflix Content - Great Britain has some for sure

LQV77.com (Thiland Computer Schematics Page)

And you know there's more!!!

I don't know if you made one on how to disable V-Sync in Nvidia, or any bad NVidia setting in NVidia control.

How Batteries work and how the new carbon ion and lithium oxygen batteries work. 

Because once mass producible, they are going to be in every phone and every device that has batteries. Carbon ions can charge 6 minutes of power drill use in only 6 seconds with the voltages that they can support! 

UTC time explained (history, meaning, usage, why it's still used, etc.)

On 1/19/2019 at 12:43 AM, kavimukilan said:

[ ] A week without tech for Linus vlog(Linus off grid)

How do you vlog without tech? ?

Can we get a video on gas station phone chargers.

These things can literally turn your phone into a bomb.

There's a reason that your phone reconends u u use the in box phone charger, it's because they can't guarantee your phones saftey.

Think the nintindo switch it has a power requirement just below the standard, and a bad charger could brick it in an instant, or after it's unplugged.

Also fast chargers have to be certified for that voltage or the Seema thing could happen.

Plus crappy unbranded phone chargers don't have quality control, so a bad charger could be 1/1000 or more.

Samsungs chargers are probably less that 1/1,000,000

And there $8 on Amazon or $12 for 2 just make sure the seller is Samsung or it could be a clone

You can try review turbo-x products , they are the cheapest (and worse) hardware products in Greek market 

Here some link: 

https://www.plaisio.gr/desktop-laptop/laptops/all-laptops.htm?Manufacturer=Turbo-X  (laptops)

https://www.plaisio.gr/thleoraseis/tv/turbo-x-tv.htm   (tv) 

https://www.plaisio.gr/anavathmisi-diktia/anavathmisi/psu-trofodotika.htm?Manufacturer=Turbo-X  (psu)

https://www.plaisio.gr/anavathmisi-diktia/anavathmisi/motherboard-mitrikes/Turbo-X-H81H3-M3-HDMI-1150-H81-DDR3.htm (motherboard) 

https://www.plaisio.gr/anavathmisi-diktia/periferiaka/othones.htm?Manufacturer=Turbo-X (monitor) 

P.S.: love you guys 

The History of Android. Actually quite the interesting history, and its links with the owner of Essential. Would be perfect for a FAP.

Hello!

First-time poster here! :D glad I got that out of the way! haha

I was wanting to post a new video idea! Would you be interested in doing an updated version of the HDMI V Display V DVI with the current technology and advancements, and even perhaps what is coming in the future! I noticed that the last one was more than a year ago !!

Regards,

Ryan!

Linus's Drop Tips, how to drop things without breaking them (disclaimer: practice runs may still break it blah blah)

I've seen you do lots of videos with sound bars, gaming, but surround sound lacks a little attention I think.

So my question is: "Does surround soundbenefit your gaming experience?"

You can include comparisons of 2.0 vs 5.1 vs 7.1 vs "Virtual Surround" headphones

You could end with some consumer advice on which off-the-shelf surround set has the best bang for the buck.

Don't forget adding a comparison of sound cards when using analog outputs (I prefer Asus Essence STXII with original OPAMPs even though other OPAMPs are included)

Add some amazon links to surround sets, sound cards and headphones and you're golden.

--edit--

This might actually be a topic to big for a Quickie though.

And if you need me to comment on the actual drivers inside the speakers, crossover design and component choices you can ask me anytime.

No signature found

One thing I've been looking into for my home that I think would make a good topic for TechQuickie or even the main channel is solutions for running HDMI over long distances.  After some research I found that most devices are only rated to push a signal through HDMI up 15 or 20 feet.  Anything further might not work and could even harm your device.   Some solutions I found were fiber HDMI cord, wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver, HDMI over Ethernet, and HDMI over TCP/IP (my favorite solution as I can have my HDMI signal as part of my network).

Good Afternoon/Morning

Just an Idea for a series of Tech Tips video's i'd like to see as I imagine Linus and his sense of humour would really make this fun to watch.

Could you make a series of video's of each Version of Microsoft windows installing it onto a system that only just meets the minimum requirements, as lets face it there's no way they'd run nicely.

I hope this reaches Linus and the team, I'd like to here your thoughts on this and if you think this would be quite funny.

Cheers

Jim Dawson

Please do a video on Amazon US being banned from Australia for tax aversion. Just saw you latest video about Amazon and tax and thought this would make a good follow up. Cheers. 

I watched a LTT video about fast charging and QC2.0, which is a little outdated now. Can we have a new one explaining:

1. USB-PD is definitely the future but up to how many watts maximum a charger should have so that it will be future proof for charging everything including laptop?

2. QC4.0 from 2017 still making little impact on market, why? Should we care about it?

Most of us still using charging cable with one end of USB type A, so we need to consider buying charger that works with everything before USB C dominate the world:

3. There so many charger vendors providing their own adaptive charging solution like Anker's PowerIQ, Aukey's AiPower, etc. Is it possible to find out which one is the best in term of fast charging and compability?

4. For those proprietary charging standards by phone manufacturer like OPPO's VOOC and Samsung's Adaptive Fast charging, to what extend they are compatible with Qualcomm QC or maybe PowerIC? using wrong charger with different standard will it cause harm to the device? 

I knew this is long, but I truly hope a LTT video can clear my doubts.....

Edited by SpacingOut

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

Vlogging cameras and video editing software, please!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Could you guys do a full video comparing desktop chicklet keyboards including the Dell KB216 and the Lenovo 4X30M39496?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass