Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

How about a tech quickie on the difference between RGB and Addressable RGB and how the 2 systems are not compatible with each other.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Or how about adding rash and cowboy behaviour to the list of "don't make these mistakes when building a p.c."... i mean cmon …. 3k machine with a 3 kg cpu cooler and still its being rocked and pulled aggresively on the building table like its some lightweight laptop device!! 

I would love to see a video explaining PCI bifurcation. It's actually being used more and more recently since the introduction of affordable consumer M.2 raid cards like the Asus Hyper m.2 and the Asrock Ultra M.2. I've found plenty of posts online with people looking for information on it, but little to no information on either how to enable it. Most people have to go to extreme modding forums to find any decent documentation on it.

Plus, I'm in the SFF scene and you should see some of the amazingly small SLI ITX builds some people have made.

For those wondering what it is, it's the technology used to split CPU lanes in order to address multiple devices over one connection. PCI bifurcation can allow a single x16 slot to have 4 individually addressable x4 lane devices. or 2 x8 or 1 x8 and 2 x4 etc etc. And, like in my example above, you could split a single x16 PCI 3.0 port into to x8 PCI connections that would be able to support full GPUs or other such devices. 

As I've seen it being asked often enough online or in other places:

Magnets & Electronics: What's Safe, What's Dangerous, and Why?

e.g.:
Magnetic tipped screwdrivers for assembling your rig? 

Dropping a fridge magnet onto your motherboard?

The magnetic phone holders for cars?

Trying to pick your HDD up with a neodymium magnet? 

What is Windows compability mode?

Couldn't find there was made a video on it, and espesially why it don't work (Never really got it to work for what it sounds like)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

The difference between a televisions refresh rate and a computer monitors refresh rate (with and without interpolation). As well as including some TVs that have high hardware refresh rates can give different results when compared to the same in computer monitor form.

The video back in June of 2014 explained refresh rate in general. I'm not sure if a real 120 Hz TV would give me the same experience as a 120 Hz monitor.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, Master Dorphath said:

What is the difference between all the different RAM types, buffered, ECC, ect.

Lets see if we can get this to the next tech quickie video!

Since Linus was so impressed with the Zero Gravity chair at CES I think he should visit MWE Lab or at least look at their products.  It's a company from Québec that makes Zero Gravity chairs, quite nice ones too.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:55 AM, Betahuman said:

What is rendering and why is it important?

Its not important, IMHO

Where we are at now if good enough. But there are too many home gamers who want to follow Linus' facial expression clickbait path.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Its not important, IMHO

Where we are at now if good enough. But there are too many home gamers who want to follow Linus' facial expression clickbait path.

these titles are getting to me!!!

How about how the Australian Fiber To The Node, Fiber To The Curb NBN broadband actually works, the difference and why it is an exceeding bad idea (let me give you a hint - bad, old, rotten copper phone lines that had issues with dial up and ADSL) .... and will make us a laughing stock ...yet again. ?

I would like a small explanation on HDMI with "ethernet" built in. What does that mean? How to utilize the ethernet? 

21 hours ago, KGE808 said:

I would like a small explanation on HDMI with "ethernet" built in. What does that mean? How to utilize the ethernet? 

YUP

ME TOO

On 1/13/2019 at 1:10 AM, Canada EH said:

Its not important, IMHO

Lol that even exists?

Intel Quick Sync explained (e.g. use cases). Might be a good time for that video with the Intel's new "F" processors coming up that have IGP disabled.

It would be nice to see a Techquickie or even an LTT video explaining the difference between Android Auto, MirrorLink and Apple Car play. The Line between mirrorlink and Android Auto is a bit fuzzy. I tried to understand how when you have an android auto enabled phone what apps will be avialable, does it depend on the car manufacturer or just if the app supprts android auto? In general this is a topic where i get the idea neither clients nor dealers really understand everything. Also youtube videos usually just limit themselves to show some Apple car play features.

BTW has anyone on the board ever tried android auto in a modern car with the feature enabled, what works and what can you actually do?

Some brain picking on a late night bored and long  weekend( mine is a 3 day weekend) , after watching almost all of Linus videos .

[ ] *How do they do it ( technologies that power different industries)* 

[ ] Handle world cup live broadcast, (instant replays, instant post processing ) 
[ ] Make an app Android/iOS
[ ] How is Instagram even free
[ ] Production units ( assembly lines)
[ ] Airport scanners (workstations 
[ ] Construction, structural simulations  ( Architectural visualisation ) 
[ ] Webservers like aws( sponsored tour like the one plus factory tour)

[ ] *Security* 

[ ] Hack proof your fridge/thermostat-  IOT security
[ ] How not to use your phone( Android/iOS security)

[ ] *Techie juniour (broke)vs grandpa cool (rich)-Characters depicting contrasting differences( cool, not cool) how a techie unnecessarily complicates simple things* 

[ ] Booking a movie ticket
[ ] Going off the grid
[ ] Buying vs building a computer
[ ] Password managers
[ ] Buying a carpet( online shopping vs real shopping)
[ ] Enjoying a vacation ( work from home hellhole)
[ ] Staying fit ( activity trackers) 
[ ] Data security and privacy
[ ] Dying peacefully( data footprint left behind)
[ ] Going green( example electric cars vs bicycles)
[ ] Mobile phones privacy ( smartphones vs basic phones,  Nokia 3310)

[ ] *Biomimicry- design inspired by nature ( nature vs machine style)* 

[ ] The bloody cooling( liquid cooling) (human circulatory system)
[ ] Dual  cameras(focus, resolution , spacing, etc) compared to the real thing (human eyes)
[ ] Power + internet ( neurotransmission )
[ ] GPS and pegions homing 
[ ] Bees (or birds) vs drone fleets
[ ] Artificial intelligence vs natural intelligence
[ ] Facial recognition 
[ ] Speech recognition - me vs machine( technical analysis of different engines)

[ ] *Technologies never been possible( thing that should have been possible)* 

[ ] Recording and reproducing smells(we do reporoduce sounds and lights ) How crazy would it be to send a message with a smell recording(people would start a dedicated social network  smell cloud)
[ ] Recording and reproducing tastes digitally

[ *] Do u even know these technologies exist* 

[ ] Forbidden or unknown tech 
[ ] Interesting patents from past and present

[ ] *Accidental technologies( accidentally discovered tech of today)* 

[ ] *Hall of Fame for gadgets or technologies* 

[ ] Literally make a hall and add one gagdet a week after reviewing it ( great pieces of tech to the lost genius to the most awkward failures, mostly tech that are way ahead of their time)
[ ] Predecessor to smartphones( pda),Intel 8800 , Pentium one, first wireless devices , cordless phones, (Linus first phone, first pic, first laptop) , early tech in display, computing , super computer from two decades back and how do they compare now.

[ *] Interactive and community content* 

[ ] Invite audiences for simple challenges ( on Street or in studio)

[ ] Gaming proficiency( complete a level on unfamilier games)
[ ] Hardware knowledge, name the product or details of a product
[ ] Basic tech know-how challenges

[ ] Vine of videos from users( crazy tech things they do) veawing of these into  your videos,

crazy example - how I start my old laptop, lazy to find and replace the broken power button I every time pry out my keyboard and sort the pins using a pen( most of us are crazy and lazy)
[ ] Users created endscenes( subscribe , like dislike,notification )random users' dubsmash of linus endscenes 
[ ] A week without technology challenge for viewers ( totally off grid)
[ ] A week without tech for Linus vlog(Linus off grid)

As usual if you dislike the above post you know what to do, but if you liked it hit like and press upload on some interesting videos, and hit us with your best so that we don't have another bored weekend .

Why not review the Leap Motion. It can be used for cheap VR option and even Elon Musk uses it in SpaceX. So many applications for this without the need to carry a lot of sensors for motion detection as its all done with tracking your hands with infrared light

Musk using it with rocket designs http://blog.leapmotion.com/elon-musk-designs-rockets-in-the-air-with-leap-motion/

The official site of Leap Motion: https://www.leapmotion.com/