Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

21 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

What's AGA?

It is a proprietary Alienware specific port called Alienware Graphics Amplifier that allows an dGPU to be connected directly to the CPU via the PCIe bus I believe. It is much better than Thunderbolt 3 performance wise.

4 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

It is a proprietary Alienware specific port called Alienware Graphics Amplifier that allows an dGPU to be connected directly to the CPU via the PCIe bus I believe. It is much better than Thunderbolt 3 performance wise.

Ok, I remember now. You know what, I agree with you with a quick misc IO as fast as possible. Would be interesting to see.

how or if they can cases help with cooling

because in my cruent case there is a problem everything runs how i have change the therail past cleasnd the thing from the top to bottom and agusted the rotation of the cpu heat sink so instad of having th blads running vertialy they run horisetly left to right across the case of if there is airflow from the fans running over that it should help but is my thery true can cases help with cooling

my current PC specifications

AMD althlon X64-2 @2.2 Ghz 4 GB of DDR ram and a GTX 550 TI 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD

1. How thermal paste works and why it is used.

2. Explain consumer graphics card prices, so some kids mom can understand. 

3. What are monitor refresh rates, and why they matter.

4. How gps works and its uses.

5. Power consumption and how it can turn your computer into a heater.

6. Latency on monitors and in general with electronics.

7. Slew rates in audio gear, and why it matters to recreating sound.

8. Explain how bluetooth works, its strengths, weaknesses, and uses.

9. Infrared remotes vs wifi vs bluetooth. 

10. How drones make use of sonar to maintain their location at various heights.

11. Gyrostabilization and gimbals, how they work.

12. Explain different color spaces and why some are better than others.

13. Explain the difference between analog and ditigal signals. 

14. Explain frequency response of speakers and how various responses effect your speakers sound.

15. Explain the difference from vacuum tubes, and transistors. Patricularly slew-rates and how electricity jumps the gap in a vacuum tube. (Would tie in great with a follow up to #7)

16. Explain resterization and raytracing, how they work, and when they are used. 

17. Explain copy scanner machines and how they scan/copy. 

18. Explain pots and how they work so you can turn your volume up and down or change other various settings on your electronics. 

19. Explain the difference from stream processors to cuda cores.

20. Explain the the different speakers work. Traditional ones, electrostatic, magneplanar, plasma, and ribbon speakers. 

21. Phase change cooling for your pc and why its typically not the best idea unless you know what youre doing.

22. Explain phantom power.

23. Explain quantum tunneling and its effects on cpus

24. Explain transistors in general and how they are used on various scales.

25. Explain capacitors and how they are used on various scales.

26. Explain polygons and how they are drawn.

27. Explain 3d motion tracking from standard consumers, to professional grade graphics.

28. Explain photogrammetey and 3d scanning, how they work, how they differ.

29. Explain video codecs

30. Explain how graphics tablets work, and the effects of their various specs on your work.

There, i forgot a few before i was able to type them. NOW PLEASE REVIEW THE WX9100!!! 

How about a beginner tutorial about the hardware needed for various RGB systems. Probably for the video just stick with either Corsair or Aura, but either way the hardware is kind of confusing to set up.

"Shashabooey" - Po

@Kamjam21xx

The top of your CPU and the bottom of your cooler are not perfectly flat, there are gaps. Thermal paste is extremely thermally conductive and fills those gaps, allowing your heat sink or radiator to dissipate more heat.

Supply and demand: People want graphics cards, companies make them more expensive. Vicious cycle.

The amount of images a monitor can display per second, measured in Hz. The higher the better because it makes the image smoother. The image is smoother because the motion between each frame is reduced.

GPS works by calculating the distance between you and several satellites and calculating the intersection of those distance spheres.

He's already done one on this. Click here to view the video.

Latency is the time from when a signal is sent to when the action is performed. Lower is always better. Example: High latency keyboards will type a letter almost a half second after you press the key (Very low end amazon basics sort of stuff)

GOD THERE'S 30 OF THESE???

"Shashabooey" - Po

4 minutes ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

@Kamjam21xx

I want his attention, so he might do a wx9100 review. There is such a lack of content on youtube for it. 

Linus and others have an essential way of breaking things down in simple language, thats dumbed down. But extremely informative at the same time.

Thats the best way to teach.

Here's Some

1. Difference between Windows 10 Home and Pro
  2. Difference between 32-bit and 64-bit

✨FNIGE✨

On 16/04/2018 at 6:49 AM, CloroxBleach57 said:

@Kamjam21xx

The top of your CPU and the bottom of your cooler are not perfectly flat, there are gaps. Thermal paste is extremely thermally conductive and fills those gaps, allowing your heat sink or radiator to dissipate more heat.

Supply and demand: People want graphics cards, companies make them more expensive. Vicious cycle.

The amount of images a monitor can display per second, measured in Hz. The higher the better because it makes the image smoother. The image is smoother because the motion between each frame is reduced.

GPS works by calculating the distance between you and several satellites and calculating the intersection of those distance spheres.

He's already done one on this. Click here to view the video.

Latency is the time from when a signal is sent to when the action is performed. Lower is always better. Example: High latency keyboards will type a letter almost a half second after you press the key (Very low end amazon basics sort of stuff)

Whats the difference between F.P.S and Refresh rates

✨FNIGE✨

The differences/pro's/cons of MBR and GPT.

Not sure if you've covered this in your optane video but if not then it could be a good quick video :)

What is a neural network, machine learning, and AI for beginners, and how this influences modern everyday tech?

9 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

What is a neural network, machine learning, and AI for beginners, and how this influences modern everyday tech?

Second, i have no knowledge on any of that.

PCIe bifurcation with crossfire or sli in mini itx Systems. Is it  worth? And for what should i look for? 

CPU

Intel  i9 13900k

Motherboard

Asrock Z790 Taichi

RAM

Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 RGB 32GB 6000MHZ

GPU

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24G 

Storage

Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB 
Unraid NAS 10Gbit about 50TB HDD's, i713700k 64GB DDR5 crucial @ 5800Mhz 

Win11 Workstation

It makes stupid good sense now..Screenshot_20180419-233754.thumb.png.561a948b81ab86191a8bbd660a69f76e.png

Tech quickie history on the term bug.

For props, you cab throw a bug in a computer case.

Intel Online Connect; what it is? How it works? Is it better or safer then what we currently use?

A video explaining types of rgb strips and connections? I saw different strips from rgbw rgbww rgbww+ and other types of led strips even. They all have different copper connections and controllers and it's confusing

A video covering dual-channel RAM upgrade options that explores that mixing RAM sticks can actually be viable, would be beneficial for many.  This is an upgrade path that many may be overlooking because of misinformation.

In my old PC, I had two 4GB sticks of DDR3, and I was looking to upgrade to 16GB, and there are tons of other forum posts out there saying "don't mix different RAM sticks" and "only pairs sold together will work together properly."  But with the insane price of RAM these days, it certainly wasn't a cost effective upgrade for the questionable benefit.

I managed to find on Kijiji for $30 a pair of G.Skill RAM 2GB sticks that were identical in every way to my 4GB sticks, except for the capacity.  I installed them and everything works in dual channel mode without errors at all.  I now have 12GB of RAM.

My kids' PC has two 4GB sticks of DDR3 and although they are from different manufacturers, they too work just fine in dual channel mode without errors.

High gain wifi antennas (directional vs omnidirectional). A quick explanation of gain/dB and then explain the trade offs of orientation vs signal strength. Maybe mention that gain is logarithmic rather than linear.

I couldnt find the right thread for this, but... should review this 2002 card. 

Geforce fx5800 

The ATX standard and why it should be changed. My high end motherboard has reinforced PCI-e sockets but that is just a patchwork solution to a fundamentally flawed design. There is 0 reason that computers should be mounted sideways. We have motherboard back plates and reinforced video cards because the ATX standard was not designed to be mounted in a vertical orientation.

ATX standard was designed when people expected their computers to lay flat on the desk and have a monitor perched on top. A far antiquated solution compared to any modern design. Even high end consumers with "battlestations" still have a tower that is needlessly supporting heavy equipment in an improper orientation.

Your processor is not supposed to have a 2lb heatsink mounted sideways pulling on the socket. We have engineered around the issue without addressing the fundamental design flaw.

(Find videos from the introduction of ATX and parody them. Have Linus dress in time appropriate clothing and be working on an Altair or something. Explain why the ATX standard made perfect sense at the time. Then flash forward and break down why things don't work that way anymore.)

Edited by Mastermind950

What is mobile hotspot and how do i use it? (Windows 10 laptops only i think?)

Can i go over the limit of my connections if my hotel says i can only add 1 device to the WiFi?

Does it slow down you're internet if you are using it and by how much?

something i think would be intresting if you could cover this in an video.

thanks .