Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Why do some people hate Geekbench especially in this forum. What does Geenkbench measure and why do some tech enthusiasts just shrug off or dismiss Geekbench results regardless if it’s from an ARM or x86/64 processor. 

I’m confused. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Not a really suggestion for TQ but didn't know where else to post...i just hope someone sees this and considers...

im also pretty sure you guys have seen this but just checking if it has slipped by your radar =)

but that would be a cool concept to see LTT'd =)

Hm, not a video request but a RSS request in FloatPlaneClub area. I unsubscribe because i have all my youtube favorites on Inoreader but no way to subscribe on FloatPlane Club. Hard to remember which videos I have seen. 

Why wired is faster than wireless and if we are close to bridging the gap between the two?

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

11 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

Why wired is faster than wireless and if we are close to bridging the gap between the two?

OR if not that then What frequencies do we use and why not use higher/merge some of them

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Would Love to know about Front Control Panels - Ausus front base control

So I watched yesterdays WAN Show, and heard that Google abandoned headphone jack on their phone, just like Apple. There used to exist 2,5mm jack. What happened with it? Why is it no longer in use basically anywhere that I'm aware of? Why haven't Google (ignoring Apple here, they're special) just switch to 2,5mm? 

Do a "Review & Recommendation" of the various current motherboard architecture to buy for longevity/upgradability without being forced to replace the entire motherboard/cpu/ram if any major part fails (x)amount of years down the road.

Im actually in the market now. I have an Asus x79 Deluxe with I7-4930K with the motherboard possibly beginning to fail but cant find any x79 on the market anymore (save a few on ebay for ridiculous amounts of $$$). If it dies im forced to buy new MB, CPU, and RAM. Nothing carries over.... NOTHING :'-( 

So id prefer i dont have to go through this again for at least 3-4 years... fingers crossed... 5 or 6??

This would also be a great in depth topic?!?! Id gladly watch an hour video on this topic.

Thanks

The (temporarily un-) Glad Scientist

43 minutes ago, Glad Scientist said:

Do a "Review & Recommendation" of the various current motherboard architecture to buy for longevity/upgradability without being forced to replace the entire motherboard/cpu/ram if any major part fails (x)amount of years down the road.

Im actually in the market now. I have an Asus x79 Deluxe with I7-4930K with the motherboard possibly beginning to fail but cant find any x79 on the market anymore (save a few on ebay for ridiculous amounts of $$$). If it dies im forced to buy new MB, CPU, and RAM. Nothing carries over.... NOTHING :'-( 

So id prefer i dont have to go through this again for at least 3-4 years... fingers crossed... 5 or 6??

This would also be a great in depth topic?!?! Id gladly watch an hour video on this topic.

Thanks

The (temporarily un-) Glad Scientist

They don't make X79 motherboards anymore

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

i hope you remember the keep your pizza warm build... i would want to see a keep your beverage cool build. hope that they haven´t made that video and i missed it

so i just noticed that this is the wrong thred for this...... sorry

This isn't really a techquickie thing butttttt

after reading the following rant,

I'm curious to see a follow up on everyone's favorite mouse/keyboard. Red dragon gaming mouse and red dragon mechanical keyboard. 

What are the long term happenings? Does the mouse hold up as well as premium mice/keyboards? Do they hold up against 50~ dollar mice, and 100 dollar keyboards? Stuff like that to see if the big brand name pricing is for quality, or logos. 

Ps

Also am I the only one still waiting for that fan configuration video? 

All push, all pull, and push/pull combo hidden behind one of the sets. 

Just want a signal if it's going to come out or whatever. It's been almost a year since part 1 of "does it matter?" Or whatever the series was. (Like does cable management matter? Does thermal paste apply technique matter?) 

1. An updated i3/i5/i7 video to meet Coffee Lake additions, and preferably where you don't say jigga-hertz.
  2. An updated Hyper-threading video (the "most games only use 2 threads" part in particular).

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Pros can cons of using ram disk.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

On ‎25‎-‎4‎-‎2013 at 5:11 PM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

is a video about redundancy in servers an idea??

Why are AMD quad and octa core processors ( under a 100$ , FX ....) worse than Intel and Ryzen cores ?

I Watched the latest video on the small case barebones with MX 1080 I was wondering if Linus does a video with the smallest water cooler installed outside or under the case to give it water cooler my cooler rad is outside and i got 3c drop all over. Idel 15-20c to load 45-48 100% load test 1 hour i7 4790 and stock clocks 1500rpm fan speed idel up to 60c and 2000rpm and When above 80-85c 100% speed

Corsair Hydro Series H55 Single Rad With 2 x 120mm Fan Blowing Out The Case 1500rpm

My GPU is 55-57c load 50% fan speed idel 24/7 but over 60/90c 60%-100% fan speed

So give a watercooler rad test outside. I have both fans pushing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| - MSI Gaming X RTX3060ti 8GB ( HDMI x 1 ) - ( DP x 3 ) - |
| - 16GB Kingston Hyper Fury X DDr4 2400Mhz - OC to 3200mhz XMP Profile 1 Enabled - |
| - i5 - 10400f 6 core 12 threads 2.9Ghz Stock - 4.3Ghz Boost - |
| - MSI Z590 Pro WIFI 6E Motherboard LGA 1200 - |

| - 500GB NVME Samsung 980 Pro - |

| - WD Blue 4TB HDD 7200Rpm - |
| - Lenovo 27 Inch 75Hz Monitor D27 - 20B (HDMI) - |
| - Thermaltake Tough Power GX1 RGB 700W 80+ Gold PSU - |

| - Logitech G903 Wired/Wireless Micro USB - |
| - Logitech K120 Basic Keyboard - |
| - Razer Desk Pad - LTT Northern Lights Mouse Pad (600x300) - |
| - Intel l225-V 2.5Gbit Onboard NIC

| - Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 2.4GHz/5GHz/6GHz - |
| - Intel Bluetooth 5.2 - |
| - Internet Speeds - Download - (Download Average = 800Mbit) - |
| - Internet Speeds - Upload - (Upload Average = 40Mbit) - |

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |