Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Compare the Thermaltake Core V1 vs. Metis Plus vs. Nano Define S side by side

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

PDAF vs Dual Pixel AF vs CAF?

or

Crash Course on Head Phones?

or

Crash Course on Video Microphones?

Edited by AmbarChakrabarti
I had more suggestions...

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Quite a lot of people here are also server enthiosiast so I would suggest 2 topics:

1) Difference between server installations (core vs enterprise vs datacenter etc)

2) Server licencing schemes (especially regarding virtualisation)

When looking online into these topics it's hard to find a source with a good simple and clear explanation.

haha how about one where windows will freeze on boot. 

I have found no evd on anything related to this so good luck.

Do a vid on Minimum Requirements and Recommended Requirements on games. and bust the myth on game/hardware developers wanting you to buy new products every time a new game comes out

May limit your audience but as a full time retail trader we have a lot of questions regarding which trading platform to use. (that is the interface for your trades). A lot are expensive and come with unsubstantiated claims.

Any break down into what trading rig would be the best or choosing the best monitors for a multi monitor set up. plus which graphics cards to choose.  Stuff like that.  

Traders pay a lot of money for their computers, internet connections and programs they use to access the market.   any insight in any of these areas may be very helpful and popular.  there has not been much oversight in this industry at all. You may be surprised just how popular the video(s) become. 

Hey, just watched the lastest techquickie.

Google does store your location and time at location (including driving).

(Must be logged in to a Google Account for this link to work)
https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?authuser=0

If you select and individual day in the top left, it will show your driving track and all estimated destinations.

If you select the gear in the bottom right, you can request this data by deleted, pause google saving your location history, or even download the entire dataset they have for your account in JSON or KML format.

You can even download an archive of all your account's emails, or better yet, up to 50 GBs of past google searches. I tried mine and it gave me all the searches I've done since the first time I joined made an account back in summer of 2006.

Explain Smart DNS services e.g. Unblock-us. 

-how they work

-their uses

-how they compare to a full on VPN service

Like the normal throughout the ages videos you go back about 10-15 years, but this time it is multi gpu cards. this includes the gtx 295 to the gtx titan Z and the Radeon HD 4870 X2 to the Radeon Pro Duo. If you split it up between graphics card manufacturers thats fine but it should be a really fun video to watch.

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Great idea!

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

this was what i thought you meant..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

18 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That would be really cool, I'd love to see something like that as well.

they should make a sub forum for video suggestions and have staff comb through them and pick out good ones for back up videos in an excel shert kr spmething. also dennis personal build log and/or scrapyard wars with dennis and special guest Nicky V. Denis vs. Nicky V it would be sick

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

8 hours ago, SuperCookie78 said:

Like the normal throughout the ages videos you go back about 10-15 years, but this time it is multi gpu cards. this includes the gtx 295 to the gtx titan Z and the Radeon HD 4870 X2 to the Radeon Pro Duo. If you split it up between graphics card manufacturers thats fine but it should be a really fun video to watch.

to who ever just moved my post to this thread, isn't this just for tech quickie videos not full linus tech tips videos on the main channel

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

What about "How do covers work?" Well, not the iPad one (which is easy to guess, I think), but the standing clear cover for the Note8.

Cell phone signal boosters, and other various ways to improve 4G service in areas where the quality is poor, such as inside brick buildings.

How about a refresh of the really old videos? Starting from the first videos made for the channel and work your up. Review the original, assess any outdated or missing information, update with current tech options and what not. Maybe also add a "(Legacy)" tag to the end of the original title? Idk.

For example, the old Install an AMD CPU is all based on the pin and socket cpu types. You could update this with current gen stuff for the blue team, with additional advice like being careful not to bend any arms, or adding in proper thermal paste application.

I know there are separate videos explaining the new LGA sockets and what thermal paste is, but this is just an example.

How about a Photography how-to with Brandon? The definitions of ISO, shutter speed, shutter lag, exposure, focal length, aperture, etc and how each of them affects picture quality. Also, what is the rule of thirds and golden ratio. 

Another idea for a video, when to use a wide angle 50 mm lens, et,al for different scenarios. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

How to setup a new HDD or SSD correctly to get most of the storage you have paid for.

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

How about a better explanation of the instruction set architectures currently in use? Briefly share other not so used varients, then explain what ISA's are, is it owned or trademarked, who owns it and how, monopoly, etc etc.

On 4/25/2013 at 8:41 PM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

https://www.primeabgb.com/buy-online-price-india/cpu-processor/    ..... explain new intel line up https://www.primeabgb.com/buy-online-price-india/cpu-processor/

Logic Gates

XOR / OR etc.

I find it really easy but the amount of people i speak to in the tech world that don't understand them ...