Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

6 hours ago, Grievouscrib7 said:

tablet/phone cpu vs. Desktop cpu 

Maybe low voltage CPU vs. Deskop CPU?

i7-7500U vs. i7-7700

GTX 780 3GB vs 6GB version in 2017.

Kepler does not have the V-ram compression tech that Maxwell and Pascal does, it would be great to see if these two versions show clear differences in performance.

A note the original GTX TITAN 6GB does not seem to be nearly as crippled as it's close performing 780 3GB.

Just a suggestion :)

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

Tech Quickie: How it works: Spritzlet

Explaining why humans read slowly (about 200wpm) and how Spritz technology can increase word per minute to a comfortable 600 read speed for most people.

http://www.spritzlet.com

There are some apps for mobile devices (e.g. Reedy) but I've not found an offline version to use.... yet

----------------------------
        Weem

AMD Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 comparison. Similar to what you did for the intel core i3 i5 and i7. (A new version of that video is long overdue anyways, since people still haven't learned that they don't need a 7700k if they're just gonna game on the system.

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

The history of digital music, like streaming and downloading and stuff

AMD Ryzen design like how CCXs scale and stuff

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Ethereum as fast as possible.  what is it?  Why do we call it mining? How do you do it? 

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

Do a video on mechanical keyboards!

3 minutes ago, Stings said:

Do a video on mechanical keyboards!

They have hundreds.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Watchdog timer

Unix

Registry

Edit: I'm pretty sure they already did a video on this but I don't think it was an "as fast as possible".

Secure boot

Plated cables

Analog vs digital video

PXE

PS/2

Edit: To clarify when I say ps/2 I mean the port. Not the console. This could also extend to a video with faster less accurate troubleshooting methods. Such as trying a ps/2 keyboard or pulling your cmos battery.

Edited by I Suck At Captchas

1. server software

You did a video on server vs. desktop hardware, but did not go into much detail on how different the workloads are.  

2. Databases

usb 3.1 type A and usb 3.1 type C connectors 

2 minutes ago, sniff122 said:

usb 3.1 type A and usb 3.1 type C connectors 

Already made one

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, sniff122 said:

oh :-(

It's called USB Type C As fast as possible. But it contains the information that you want explained.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, JDE said:

It's called USB Type C As fast as possible. But it contains the information that you want explained.

ah, i saw that video i just could not remember

Whats so special about Red's Helium Sensor and how does it differ from DSLRs/Mirrorless?

@jmart604 Been to this thread recently? Some good ideas here...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Founders vs aftermarket blowers (asus turbo etc)  what makes them different, perhaps backed up by numbers but this is starting to look like a main channel video

All versions of CPUs (Intel and AMD) as in the 'U' series 'Laptop and desktop 'K' series and the 'HQ' series 

Opcodes and operands, that would be good; and how a CPU works (Fetch cycles etc)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?