Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

I do not know if it has been done yet, but there should be a video explaining power supplies. People are still confused what to look for when buying a PSU.

the sky is up

Intel Optane AFAP

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Podcasts! How they're distributed, how different from radio, how they're different from video streaming, etc

It's not a complicated topic but it's one people don't know about. 

History of LTT as fast as possible?

different types of pathfinding algorithms 

CPU heat spreaders

On 3/21/2017 at 3:31 PM, Maestro_Da_Vinci said:

I don't know if it was suggested or even created, but i would like to see it done so here is my suggestion.

The difference between different companies for keyboard and mice.

1. What are really the differences, why some are more popular or not?
  2. Which company has best record for quality of its products and quality of warranty service over all?
  3. Also which brand do you recommend?
  4. What Keyboards and Mice do you recommend in general, for gaming for office use and so on?

1. Different cherry switches and RGB

2. Corsair and Logitech

3. Corsair or Logitech

4. G502, MX Master and Corsair K70/K95/LUX/Strafe

On 4/25/2013 at 7:11 PM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

How about PC BIOSes, NFC, Wireless Charging, Power Adapters, Firmware, POST & Booting, and older pcs vs newer ones.

Something about Overdrive in monitors, overghosting etc.

Windows Vista vs Windows 7

I'd like to hear about the improvements that were made which made 7 such a superior OS even though it used a bunch of material from Vista. 

@jmart604 @LinusTech @Slick There's so much discussion in the internet whether Microsoft is doing enough to make its mobile platform survive. So I guess it's only fitting that there's should be "History of Windows Phone as Fast as Possible" which will include the early days of HTC and Compaq Windows Mobile 6.5 phones. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

How does World of Warcraft, and other games allow you to play them without having finished downloading them?

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

@jmart604 In line with the data privacy horrors Microsoft did, "Telemetry and spying as fast as possible." 

As it turns out, Creators Update is a little less creepy but still creepy even at basic settings. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Explain swap memory and how muc is enough and what are the limits. (Minimum and maximum amount) When do I need to increase or decrease it size, and how much it decreases performance.

On 25/04/2013 at 8:41 PM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

Can you make a video on which pressure sensitive touchpad to buy for 3d work,Photoshop,etc.

how and when to use insulating washers on your motherboard screws and standoffs

You have done the history of Microsoft now it is time to do;

Apple

AMD/ATI

Nokia

NVidia/3Dfx

Samsung

Other tech companies....

I enjoyed these. 

Oops these are ideas for LTT not TQ/AFAP.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Bluetooth 5

Wifi standard Mu Mimo and how it differs from MIMO.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

What about a video about some of the reasons internet connection cuts out at times other than for scheduled maintenance. 

How to determine whether a Power Supply is good quality enough for overclocking (mid-range to high-range builds)

e.g. Corsair CX 550? EVGA BQ series? EVGA 600B?

PCIe 4.0  Is PCIe on it's way to becoming legacy? Rumblings seem to suggest that people are getting tired of waiting for it and other solutions are in development that could potentially compete with or obsolete it...

...are we heading for a future where PCIe is obsolete or at best just an option? Could we be headed for a GPU socket arms race? ...and is it reasonable to expect PCIe 4.0 should arrive on consumer motherboards this year?

I'm interested because I'm thinking my next upgrade would probably be a high-durability SLI-capable PCIe 4.0 capable motherboard, but it seems they may very well never get here. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2