Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

2 hours ago, System Error Message said:

Regarding the latest techquickie about google - 

it was posted on april fools.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

21 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

it was posted on april fools.

I know, they should've mentioned google jokes. It works well like when people ask for google fiber in their place show them the video.

On 4/25/2013 at 0:36 PM, Ghost said:

- Overclocking GPUs

More specifically I'd like to see the common ones overclocked at small equivalent intervals and a plot showing the overclock versus performance boost. Id like to see if overclocking linearly increases the speed of GPUs or does it plateau at a certain point. 

Why do people normally choose Windows over Mac?

The geek himself.

Level designing. What's important to do for designer so players can complete the game, why designer shouldn't do that to confuse players, etc, etc.

I was shown in the latest techquickie video :D.

Altough yeah, this must happen!

Groomlake Authority

On 12/16/2016 at 3:43 PM, Dawson Wehage said:

Why do people normally choose Windows over Mac?

Games

17 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Games

i mean everyday users

The geek himself.

• 4 weeks later...

just had a thought, you guys always talk about how laptops and things have Kensington locks but I don't think you've done a video on what the kensington lock is and it's history.

• 2 weeks later...

Linus @LinusTech, or Luke @Slick, or Jon

I think TPM would be a great subject for an "As Fast As Possible" episode or two. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what TPM is and what TPM headers on motherboards are for. Questions I might seek to answer would include: What is TPM and what is it for? What do I need to support it? How does a TPM module interact with the BIOS, OS, encrypted file systems, EFS SSDs or hard drives, WGA (windows genuine advantage or whatever the activation method is called) etc? What problems can they cause? What concerns are there about TPM? (yes, I saw it mentioned in a WAN show document). What will your login experience be if you use it in Windows? Are there problems with TPM?

I have researched it and have a general understanding but some of the specifics are not laid out and it's a little murky on the web. 
Just my $0.02

Edited by Brightglaive

1 hour ago, Brightglaive said:

Linus @LinusTech, or Luke @Slick, or Jon

I think TPM would be a great subject for an "As Fast As Possible" episode or two. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what TPM is and what TPM headers on motherboards are for. Questions I might seek to answer would include: What is TPM and what is it for? What do I need to support it? How does a TPM module interact with the BIOS, OS, encrypted file systems, EFS SSDs or hard drives, WGA (windows genuine advantage or whatever the activation method is called) etc? What problems can they cause? What concerns are there about TPM? (yes, I saw it mentioned in a WAN show document). What will your login experience be if you use it in Windows? Are there problems with TPM?

I have researched it and have a general understanding but some of the specifics are not laid out and it's a little murky on the web. 

Just my $0.02

pls fix for dark theme by removing formatting.

And also, they don't get notifications from tags (or at least Linus doesn't) and Luke barely checks his.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

pls fix for dark theme by removing formatting.

And also, they don't get notifications from tags (or at least Linus doesn't) and Luke barely checks his.

I didn't place any formatting in my post.    

However, just to be safe I copied the text into notepad and then reposted back as an edit

I'd really like to see a TechQuickie talking about the main differences of advanced filesystems such as:

• HFS+ (Mac Boot FS Journaled)
  • APFS (Apple's new FS, which is what iOS 10.3 will be moving to, as well as future macOS eventually)
  • ext2 / 3 / 4 (Main Linux FS)
  • BTRFS
  • ZFS

Heavily dated mac heathen who likes keeping up-to-date on PC stuff. - Currently multibooting macOS Sierra / Windows 7 Pro / KALI Linux (Rolling)

I would really like to see a series of as fast as possible about Livestreaming and LMGs problems during the years with the WAN show.

How do CPU manfacturers "imprint" the specs of a CPU inside a CPU. How does a CPU of any kind know how to work inside its specification limits. How CPU specs are encoded in CPUs and maybe motherboards also? Of course this can cover PCs as well as mobile devices

How about a(nother) bone for the Linux Crowd? Make a short vid explaining how the linux ecosystem software sharing works!

I.e. How to (or What is?) Building software on your distro!

It may sound complicated and/or confusing but its an integral part of what open source is and the fact that linux, for allll its different flavours, still has $#!7 tons of compatibility.

This really isn't so complex, especially if you don't go too in-depth, just enough for it to be understood how it works. The link is to my post explaining it to a guy. And has two vids for reference, short and tutorial-like.. If I wanted complicated I'd recommend a video about the linux kernel, and why every distro chooses one or another version or about compiling your own :S.

Spoiler

Though that would be DOPE!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

• 2 weeks later...

FSB, QPI, Etc. Technologies.  i just posted a thread under CPU trying to better understand how QPI works in XEON Processors where i had 4 links and want to upgrade the CPU to a 1 link version.

https://facebook.com/tekmyster

Hopefully I'm not out of line posting this here.

I have a small correction to report on the latest video "What is Handheld Molecular Scanning?" where you say that infrared is a higher frequency and energy to visible light when it is in fact the opposite. Infrared light has a slower frequency and lower energy and larger wavelength. 

You did get the part about infrared being able to penetrate better than regular light.