Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

please explain the queues at apple store and places that sell concert tickets. I have a conspiracy these people are paid to get hype on the news.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

26 minutes ago, xsrgdarknessx said:

PC Architecture.  Especially why it's important.

LTT has done a history of AMD & intel video. If you want an explanation of say bulldozer vs intel core series that might take too long :). However people might appreciate a lesson on ALU, floating point vs integer maths, and just a general intro to number theory. I don't know if you could appreciate computer architecture without first learning basic number theory.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

• 4 weeks later...

Man in the middle attack. Personally think this is more interesting than your standard technical ones.

Techquickie what is midi? 

I kinda already know, but a techquickie video showing it's basic origins of how they wanted to standardize the mess of different types of plugs for Electronic keyboards and stuff would be cool. 

EDIT:
Also do a game console architecture. Why did game consoles go to a PC architecture instead of proprietary stuff and everything. 
Maybe one on PS3, and one on Nintendo Entertainment system 

Edited by fpo
Add stuff

You did a video about analog vs digital, but what about an explanation on how analog digital converters work? 

Difference between Gigabits, Gigabytes, Gibbibytes, and why hardware/software uses different forms.

Here @LinusTech, "History of Computer Security As Fast as Possible". Ex: ASLR, sandboxing, NX bit, etc.

-"Robotic Surgery as Fast as Possible"

-"Self-Driving Cars as fast as possible"

-"History of Air Conditioning as Fast as Possible", maybe include smart devices that control thermostat with a smartphone app.

-"Smart Home as fast as possible"

Or how about this, "Electronic/automated voting as fast as possible"

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I would love to see a TechQuickie on Classless Inter-Domain Routing or CIDR for IPV-4 & IPV-6.

My ideal video would include:

• What is CIDR?
  • Why is it important?
  • How to figure out shorthand based off of your IPV-4 IP address, and subnet mask. 
  • Why will we forego IPV-4 for IPV-6?
  • How to figure out shorthand based off of your IPV-6 IP address (as your subnet mask is included in your IPV-6 IP address).

My reason for wanting such a video is that while IPV-4 is common place, and people know how to figure out shorthand rather quickly,

soon NAT & PAT in IPV-4 will give way to IPV-6. Having a LMG video on the subject would be an invaluable tool for both established, and up and coming IT's alike.

How to package a custom built pc as fast as possible. It could include types of foam, where packaging materials should go, what might need to be assembled on arrival, and what really can't be transported, like some temp-sensitive thing, etc.

Review on Razer Blackwidow X chroma vs Razer Blackwidow chroma / Crosair k70 rgb

A review of HP OMEN Notebook 17 inch screen with gtx 1060

How about laser eye surgery, ie: PRK, LASIK, etc.?  Could be anything from a full-fledged video of a LTT fan getting their procedure done at one of the local outfits, to a techquickie segment describing the difference between PRK and LASIK (ie: surface ablation versus flap and corneal ablation!).

Especially with the VR goggles and Google Glass these days (which tend to be incompatible with glasses), there's bound to be at least some interest in vision treatments.

do dragontrail as fast as possible. Is it just gorilla glass just reworded? Are companies like Alcatel just scumbags for using it? Or is there actual differences just nobody seems to know what the differences are making it impossible to find with a 6hour Google and Bing search?

fast as possible frametiming, talking about how microstutters can happen despite having high frame rates and how framerate capping through solutions such as Rivatuner and your built in vsync options, and maybe a section on how sli affects frametimes. This Website briefly shows the frametime variation difference between SLI and CrossFire. Another thing to mention in the same realm is asynchronous timewarp.  http://wccftech.com/multi-gpu-nvidia-sli-amd-crossfire-performance-value-comparison/

Workflow optimization for professional use.

How does PowerLAN (dLAN, Powerline) work

I work extensively with commercial grade Leica and Riegl LiDAR systems for work. A Tech Quickie on LiDAR would be interesting, as people ask me about them all the time and are quite curious about what they do and how they work.

Modified Raijintek Metis Mini-ITX Case Build:

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Motherboard  |  Intel i5-6600K 3.5 GHz CPU  |  16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM  |  EVGA GTX 950 |  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  | Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W  |  Noctua NH-D9L CPU Cooler  |  (3) Noctua NF-F12 Case Fans

Take a common 60FPS computer rig, then start to bottle neck a component individually until it hits a dramatic FPS loss or 30 FPS.

Eg: reduce clock speed until dramatic performance loss, return the system back to spec, then reduce ram speed or quantity until dramatic loss, then return to original spec, then video card swapped down until it drops to below 30FPS. Also a potentially common issue, 1 exhaust fan in a case without any other fan ventilation possibly causes thermal throttling. 

Do every main component that can factor playability of games. Including hard drives with can cause objects to appear long after they should have due to loading objects slowly in larger world style games.

The idea behind this is to determine minimum hardware for 60FPS and 30FPS, also when and where bottlenecks bring the rest of your system down.

This is a everyday struggle for some. I found my AMD 1075T bottlenecks Farcry Primal from 60 to 26FPS in the benchmark. Changed up to a 6800K clocked at 4GHZ and it holds 60FPS the whole time. V-sync on, I only like tearing on jeans. Zotac GTX 980 on both systems.

what about a Fast As Possible for windows domains 

Aselwyn1