Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

All about display ports like VGA, Dual/Single link DVI D/I, HDMI ,Mini-display port and other ports I forgot to mention.

cuda cores hyperthreading and the effects of ocing and the change in lifespan.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

how to setup and ssd and an hdd together,like using the ssd for os and hdd for apps.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Sound cards

Internal

External

USB

I would love to see a video covering the different types of display connections (DVI, Dual Link DVI, HTMI, DP, etc), what they are capable of, their purpose normally and what their limitations. Basically would be advice for people who are looking to maybe buy a TV screen as their PC screen as it will also be their home theatre or maybe some other purchase that someone is looking at that might not be simple and straight forward

I would also love to see a vid covering advice for how to buy a PC monitor, what to look for and what pit falls to avoid.

Maybe even one vid for buying a straight gaming PC monitor, another one for 3d gaming, another one for 3 screen gaming, maybe one for design/photography work, one for TV/day to day PC use (or maybe not one vid each but broken in to sections that make sense)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This vid is great but it is not an as fast as possible, its a bit long and its techie, there are a tonne of people who I know SHOULD but would not as its too long and too techie. The Tech Quicky channel has a great look, neutral and not too nerdy and yet a bit fun, very encouraging for randomers who just want clean, quick info.

I think an As Quick as Possible would be very appropriate here

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I agree with doing a AV connector Quickie.

But do include a quickie tip, where IF you have a GPU installed, remember to plug it into that  lowest port!

My grandpa had this problem today when he called me, it would've been way easier for him to view a video like this about it. :)

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

Don't know if this is suggested yet, but: Headphone amps!

As far as I can gather, you would want amps to drive headphones with high impedance. But you might also need one for headphones with low impedance, as they require more current. 

How power supplies work. The AC/DC gimmicky stuffs. What rails do and what happens if you have too many hard drives that are on a single rail? That sort of stuff.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Audio cables/connections: SPDIF, Coaxial, 3.5mm, 6.5mm, hdmi audio, wireless

What's needed to achieve surround (analogue / digital)

sample rates etc

Decreasing dust potential in computer / cleaning out computer

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Some stuff about PSUs. How to choose the correct wattage, what all these 80+ ratings mean etc.  :)

CUDA CORES!!!  please

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Simple really useful TechQuicky: -How does watercooling work? No layman (as myself) undestands how the hell a few plastic tubes filled with water can cool better than a few fans. =D

Rig (laptop): MOUNTAIN GTM 17ivy, 17,3'' 1920x1080, i7-3630QM 2,4/3,4 Ghz 4c/8t 6Mb, 16GB RAM, RAID 0 120GB, NVidia GTX675 2GB.

Peripherals: Shitty Laptop cooler, Razer Naga (2010 Edition) and Razer Megalodon.

How boolean logic works

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

Types and grades of routers and how to to choose the right one.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Cache

RAM speeds

Overclocking (CPU or GPU)

How to choose ram:

Ivy Bridge CPU Overclock:

or 

GPU Overclock:

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Networking; a clear explanation/comparison of straight ethernet, wireless g/n/ac (the ones still in use I think?), and powerline is something I don't think we've seen yet.

Definitely going to recommend this one as well. People I think get the general idea that a pricey router is usually better overall than an inexpensive bargain one, but I think there's lots of confusion out there for ordinary folk over whether dual-band actually will help their network (especially if it's comprised of older devices) or whether N300, N600, N750, N900, AC1500, etc. would handle the load for their 3 game consoles, 4 Tablets AND 4 Phones, as well as obviously 4 Laptops and 1 central Desktop PC. A quick summary of what type of router is generally good in each situation would be awesome for a Tech Quickie.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

How to clean a modern graphics card? (For Example XFX HD7970)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

How to choose ram:

Ivy Bridge CPU Overclock:

or 

GPU Overclock:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?