Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

TN vs IPS vs VA 

screen types and what they have to offer and why they cost all over the place

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

TN vs IPS vs VA 

screen types and what they have to offer and why they cost all over the place

This is pretty close to your topic imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hm I just looked through techquickie on youtube I didn't see it lol

This is pretty close to your topic imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think you should do a FAP on hard drive fragmentation. It would be helpful to know why it happens, how it affects the system and what you can do to counter it, as fast as possible. :)

Linux, different ways to install it, what is the terminal, Different distros and UIs, WINE, drivers.

Basically a newbie's guide to Linux.

I keep hearing u say that you need to ground yourself out to a power supply or a wall outlet But only if you know what your doing. So you should make a video on how to ground yourself out to the wall.

windows 8 vs windows 7 for multitask gaming

8350 vs 3770k when reccording fraps

modular vs physical cores

why vga sucks

windows virtual memory

how to setup eyefinity with different res moniters

how to setup a bootable usb version of windows

ps/2 vs usb keyboards

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Intel Motherboard Chipsets

AMD Motherboard Chipsets

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Here are some that might work.

1) USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 (speeds, stability, ect.)

2) CPU cores (what they mean and how more doesn't equal better necessarily)

3) Mini PCs (HTPC, mini ITX PC)

4) 80 plus ratings (what they mean and how they effect your electric bill)

I am not good at thinking of stuff on the spot so I will think some more and get back to you.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

• 2 weeks later...

motherboard sizes

Lenovo Y500- screen overclocked 1440p @85Hz, i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM, 2x nvidia 650m, 1TB HDD, windows 8 64 bit

@mgsstar

Sorry, I didn't realise! I'm at work so can't go on youtube.

Thanks!

No problem! :)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

ah i forgot to watch all of the tech quickie vids !! shyt 

vga vs dvi vs hdmi vs displayport

As someone else already suggested: Cable Sleeving 

I think this would make a great video and could help a LOT of people!

I believe the video would be achievable in under 2 minutes as well.

any one have suggestions for my build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1HhdF

Please create a thread in New Builds and Planning in order to get suggestions for your build. Be sure to read and answer this in your thread before posting: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Dont know if posted before, but many people starts to ask about it here and it would be cool if Linus&Crew would made vid about Pro's and Con's on mITX PC's.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

• 4 weeks later...

Another request. Can you please do a tech quickie about the different types of backups and what is best for what situation. I even still have trouble with the difference between differential and incremental backups, let alone explaining it to someone else. Mention things like raid, offsite backup and the different types there are for each, like full system as well as "Apple Time Machine" style differential backups.

Process of Cherry Picking / Meaning of cherry picking, Differences in Fan connections ( 2-pin, 3-pin, 4-pin), Cooling solutions (Heatpipes, fins, blower,)

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER