Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Quantum Tunneling

Why it's getting harder and harder to make processors with smaller transistors.

DOCKER!...

aTechQuickie about docker would be cool! 

moCA networks. 
Networks built on existing Coax cables in buildings, that get converted to ethernet at their endpoints. 

Flat panel monitor types explained.

Compare

LCD
LED
OLED
QLED

Please also describe the different panel types, and include the differences in color representation, viewing angle, potential blurring from movement on the screen and any other relevant technology differences.

AMVA
IPS
MVA
PLS
TN
VA

Additional information that would be nice to include would be contrast ratio, pixel pitch, response time and refresh rate.

petabyte project but with NVMe M.2 SSD's instead?

hey all

I have an idea that might be appealing to other people as well.
I am referring to the DPI or PPI concept for monitors.

I know it's a pretty straightforward concept, however...

if a monitor like philips 49" ultra wide with 5120*1440 = 7.37MP gets a 108.54 PPI, how come the 43" model with a 4K resolution (3840*2160 = 8.29MP) gets a rating of only 102.46 PPI?
shouldnt more overall pixels (8.29 vs 7.37) on a smaller sized monitor (43" vs 49")  give a more dense ppi ?
well apparently not...
Y is that?

:)

i would love a video about vlan.

maybe a long video or a fast as possible video.

• 2 weeks later...

Overclocking AFAP. Also cover undervolting and all the other similar concepts. I'm not sure if AFAP is the best platform for this. Maybe the best channel would be a better fit.

It's hard to find great sources on the internet that really go cover basics. Then maybe a full overclocking guide on both AMD, Intel, and Nvidia products.

• 5 weeks later...

The purpose, pros and cons of the "Bridge Connections" function in Win 10 in the Network Connections page. Then compare and contrast it to trunking.

How BitTube uses cryptocurrency for monetization.
May be a challenge, depending on how much needs explained.

A simpler video could be the basics of torrent based video platforms.

A bracelet that shocks you if you eat fast food, use facebook, or any other bad habit. Maybe Huawei and Zuckerberg can use it to stop their bad habit of spying. Pavlok 2 Habit Conditioning Device with Bonus Habit Change eBook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075C64GNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LrbwDbZ765DBQ

Screenshot_20190817-105333_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Paul from Paul's Hardware needs to remove his solar panels asap. CNBC: Walmart sues Tesla over solar panel fires at seven stores.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/walmart-sues-tesla-over-solar-panel-fires-at-seven-stores.html

Screenshot_20190820-180948_Google News.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Since the folding at home marathon is coming up:
Explaining distributed computing and referring to the LTT Teams for F@H and Boinc. Also tell the peeps about the Folding month wich starts October. 

Applications to cover: Folding at home, Boinc, Dreamlab (that one is for iOS and Android)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Maybe you could explain how to spot good PSUs... The bronze/silver/gold/etc rating is not the definitive way to choose them and it is a really important component that can fry every expensive toy one can have!

top 5-10 possible compatibility problems

"in a Gaming or a workstation PC build" (High End)

I have looked and so far YouTube is lacking a video like this in simple English! 

Please do a long-term video on comparing liquid for custom watercooling.
Build 3-4 identical systems (doesn't need to be overkill of course), and use the following liquids:

• EK cryofuel (or something equivalent, expensive pre-mix or self mixed concentrate with distilled water)
  • Distilled water with a silver coil for eliminating the germs and "gunk" build-up (this seems to come up some times, people swearing it's working just fine over several years)
  • Pure distilled water, nothing else
  • Boiled water? (can't imagine this is too great of an idea, but the other 3 are the the main focus in my opinion)

Then run these systems for a long period of time, like maybe 3-12 months. (just like the dust comparing video, since that proved incredibly useful for figuring out that dilemma) You could also do an update video whenever something interesting happens with any of the builds.

I think many people will find this incredibly useful, and will provide a lot of answers for all those custom water cooling questions :)

Cpt. Shadows

Global phone version vs Chinese phone version

(prime example Asus ROG tencent phone 2 (500$) version and Asus ROG phone 2 global (900$))

Topics to address:

1) Not all global band frequencies are listed but does that mean I get worst signal? Or does it use one band and doesn’t need the others.

2) Are warranties not accepted?

3) Is there a way to avoid getting scammed?

4) Are we locked out of phone updates?

5) Are there easy ways to get playstore on the phone.

i know most of these answers but most consumers wouldn’t know, so I think the episode will help shoppers wanting to buy a Chinese phone for a lower cost.

The Firewire connection …

I remembered it while looking at a motherboard that came with one of those ports. I feel like it would a useful video for people who wonder what it is, and also its technical competition to the earlier versions of USB deserve some recognition in my opinion. 

Discord

What is it? Almost everybody I know has no idea what it is. 

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

Through the ages with AMD or Nvidia workstation graphics cards.  Or a mid 2000s overkill gaming pc build for Half Life 2 or Garry's Mod.

What are the advantages of doing a clean install of an OS when you change out your Drives. Is there a noticeable difference between a clean install vs. cloning an old drive