Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

What tech or infrastructure gaps needs to be closed before remote/streamed game play on lower end hardware can become mainstream.

BIFURCATION

Especially as to what it is exactly, why it is important in order for a motherboard to use it for multi-drive PCIe (NVMe) expansion cards such as the https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/HYPER-M-2-X16-CARD/ and similar cards from other vendors. As these cards seem to be only officially supported on X299, an explanation to why, would be great. Explaining why such a card would work partially on older chipsets such as the X99 (perhaps with a workaround?) or not at all and which features/functions would and would not work depending on scenario. And finally, if a motherboard does not support such a card, then what might be a good alternative in order to expand a system with more M.2 drives (NVMe drives such as the Samsung 960 Pro etc.).

Thank you very much.

password managers, I actually was looking for the teck quickie on this the other day but all I got was an old video of luke talking about password security. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Compare the technical differences between hard drive type. We know their suggested applications like Desktop, Performance, Datacenter, NAS, Surveillance, etc. -but what are the real technical differences between the drives and why is it a bad idea to say, use a NAS or a Surveillance drive in a desktop?

Tiered SSD>HDD storage pools in windows that work like fusion drive in Windows 10 by powershell.

For a longer Video, you could do a 'build the ultimate plex server' featuring say NVMe SSDs caching Large HDDs with no striping or mirroring (because you can just RIP the 4K Bluray you bought again right?). So basically you have like 4 12TB Storage Spaces Volumes, each with it's own 256GB SSD. This way if anything fails you only have to re-rip a small bunch of stuff (especially if sonarr and radarr are helping out) rather than every single thing, but also you don't have the slowness of parity and the cost of mirror.

a video about what windows subsystem for linux is, its use cases, and how it compares to native linux in command line applications usability and performance

EDIT:

i honestly think it would fit even more now, considered last video about running windows games on linux!

How do dual cameras work on new phones? And why you can cover one, but still have a good image

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

An updated video about whether you should turn your computer off every night or sleep it (is hibernate even a thing anymore?) Is it hard on your PC to turn it off and on every day? what about volatile memory cache? etc I'd honestly want to know what windows recommended or PC component manufacturers so we can put the debate to bed

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

• 2 weeks later...

Different Linux operating systems explained.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

• why you can play a game before it downloads for the first time, but not when it updates

NVidia Quadro suck for gaming. Except maybe they don't for Flight simulators. 

XPlane is an "industry standard" and slugs around on a 8900k, 16gb of ram and 1080ti. Mostly becaus ethe game is well under optmized and east VRAM for breakfast and makes a TON of DX draw calls. Something that Quadro's are good at. 

Would make an interesting video :) 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:18 PM, vildor said:

NVidia Quadro suck for gaming. Except maybe they don't for Flight simulators. 

XPlane is an "industry standard" and slugs around on a 8900k, 16gb of ram and 1080ti. Mostly becaus ethe game is well under optmized and east VRAM for breakfast and makes a TON of DX draw calls. Something that Quadro's are good at. 

Would make an interesting video :) 

Sorry to say, but reminder that Quadros are just the GPUs that are binned better than what goes into the gaming lineup. When comparing a Quadro and GTX card with identical shader counts, you'll find that they come within 5% of each other, possibly falling out of that range due to the Quadro being clocked lower so it's more stable.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I don't know if this would necessarily work for a TQ video, it is kind of a hybrid of TQ and LTT. It'd be cool for you guys to pick 2 or 3 games plus maybe 3dmark and explain to people how to run the benchmarks on their own system along with the settings to use (so games that don't need a lot of tweaking would be ideal). That would give people the opportunity to compare their system with your results plus help them understand the real-world meaning of those numbers (i.e. should they upgrade their CPU, GPU, both, neither?). You could take the opportunity to explain the variability between the scores from different reviewers and setups. You could also plug the bottlenecking explanation video you did in order to help people get an even better understanding of it.

How are 3rd party camera apps different/better/worse than the default camera in a smart phone? Though this may be a better video for the techtips channel

Speakers.   I need some new 5.1 speakers.  I cant seem to find any good ones.  My 12 year old set of creative labs died .   Any tips on good quality speakers that don't cost 300$?

How does ECU's/ECM's work in cars? 

What are ECU's/ECM's ? 

(⌐■_■)