Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

This isn't a video idea for tech quickie but rather the main channel. Please make a video review of the ASUS PG27UQ and Acer Predator X27 monitors. 2 of the world's first 4K 144Hz ( 120Hz with overclocking ) G-Sync HDR Quantum dot monitors. As we all know, you're quite into extreme tech hardware, so I think it's rather fitting that you would cover these monitors.

@LinusTech

@Slick

@nicklmg

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

This isn't a video idea for tech quickie but rather the main channel. Please make a video review of the ASUS PG27UQ and Acer Predator X27 monitors. 2 of the world's first 4K 144Hz ( 120Hz with overclocking ) G-Sync HDR Quantum dot monitors. As we all know, you're quite into extreme tech hardware, so I think it's rather fitting that you would cover these monitors.

@LinusTech

@Slick

@nicklmg

I can confirm that LMG do currently have the Asus one and they have made a preliminary hands on video about it which is coming to YouTube.

I don't think they have the Acer monitor.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD

Galaxy S8 Exynos variant (Late 2018 - present) | Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 Edition (Late 2018 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan (Early 2018 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz , Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB, Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I can confirm that LMG do currently have the Asus one and they have made a preliminary hands on video about it which is coming to YouTube.

I don't think they have the Acer monitor.

Thanks for letting me know.

You have a video with iJustine and MKBHD with there new updated Raid that Linus did for them. I think another fellow Youtuber is struggling in this topic and he’s within the same level of stardom, Peter Mckinnon.

how about another YouTube Celeb upgrade!

Do wifi antenna extension cable even do anything? I've hooked up multiple to my wireless router, tried both bands on a wifi analyzer app and saw no difference. Do they work at all or do they just degrade the signal from the antenna? Could be a good tech quicki episode.

https://smile.amazon.com/HUACAM-HCM05-Wireless-Antenna-Extension/dp/B06W2GSYNW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528312108&sr=8-4&keywords=Wi-Fi+Antenna+Extension+Cable+RP-SMA

wifi.png

Data collection, to include IOT devices, marketing, solicitation, consumerism, and why data privacy really matters.

Possibly discuss what data mining is, how it works. And how it relates to "Big Data".

Make a guide on the Ryzen APU line up, explain what is an APU for because apparently the most people coming here are clueless... I love people buying a Ryzen 3 2200G with an overkill X470 motherboard and a GTX 1060 for Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro then complaining like hell about their performance.

People seem to think this chip is a budget miracle but aren't understanding its purpose right and thus making a waste of their money... at least from what I could gather lately here on the forum.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @4.8ghz  |~| Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti  |~| PSU: Corsair RM850X 80Plus Gold |~| Boot: WD Black M.2 2280 500GB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: EVGA Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk SSD Plus G26 480gb |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display Setup: Acer X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Simple one, how 911 calls are routed to the appropriate local police department. Not sure how this is handled in Canada, though.

I am not sure if I can explain this correctly, but maybe a video about the World Clock, and maybe why, and how, for devices to be synced properly to the correct clock / time zone / etc. 

Not really a tech quickie per say..

But what about a vintage LAN episode? Party like its 1999 xD

A lot of us have fond memories of LAN parties (Counterstrike 1.6 StarCraft?)

Points for best, most authentic PC, Highest score in game? Best dressed? Auction off the PCs at the end?

Before shooting the episode ask subscribers about their favorite LAN memories to get ideas and gauge the demand for said episode.

What about zipped files and torrents work?

I just don't want to look it up but instead want to watch sexy linus explain plz

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

Not so much a video idea... The format of both TechQuickie and TechLinked would be great as an audio-only podcast. Even if you can't arrange to do it for free, it would be awesome if @Slick and the Floatplane team could setup audio only transcoding and a unique RSS feed per user (something like floatplane.com/channel/linustechtips/podcast?key={RANDOMLY GENERATED USER AUTH TOKEN})

Would be awesome to have a video on how to calibrate a monitor and a TV without professional tools. Also, a video on how to make a completly silent DIY cabinet for console and pc.

Hello.

I did not know this thread but i would be interested to have some explanation about roll-up for Android.

I originaly posted this thread here: 

Simple rules:

- don't fxxx pay if it is fxxx free.

- If it works, don't update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn something.

- Test, retest, test again, and maybe it will work.

- Trust no one, think by yourself, checks facts again. Earth is not flat, dumber.

- Don't trust alternate facts. True is true, false is false. Only lies interferes.

- My favorite quote: you have a brain, don't you ?? So use it.

- Sometimes size matter !!! So stop trolling as i do myself.

- google moto was: don't be evil. My moto is: screw it.

- open source is a lifestyle.

I think Android "device admin" & "usage access" permissions would make a great one

Btw TELL LINUS HE'S LEAVING US LINUSCATTIPS SUBSCRIBERS HANGING, THEN SCRATCH HIM ON BEHALF OF DEPRIVED CATS EVERYWHERE