Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

17 hours ago, nuclear_drive said:

the GDPR

Its all about opting into a service, not having to find the tiny box that says opt out. Thats the main thing that I got from it

I make intelligent lights do cool things

how about a review list of older awesome pc cases.

that would be really usefull (if you have the room for it)

(thermaltake mozart TX)

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

EDID (since you've already covered HDCP and EDID is also necessary in many of the same applications)

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

This isn't a video idea for tech quickie but rather the main channel. Please make a video review of the ASUS PG27UQ and Acer Predator X27 monitors. 2 of the world's first 4K 144Hz ( 120Hz with overclocking ) G-Sync HDR Quantum dot monitors. As we all know, you're quite into extreme tech hardware, so I think it's rather fitting that you would cover these monitors.

@LinusTech

@Slick

@nicklmg

I can confirm that LMG do currently have the Asus one and they have made a preliminary hands on video about it which is coming to YouTube.

I don't think they have the Acer monitor.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

You have a video with iJustine and MKBHD with there new updated Raid that Linus did for them. I think another fellow Youtuber is struggling in this topic and he’s within the same level of stardom, Peter Mckinnon.

how about another YouTube Celeb upgrade!

Do wifi antenna extension cable even do anything? I've hooked up multiple to my wireless router, tried both bands on a wifi analyzer app and saw no difference. Do they work at all or do they just degrade the signal from the antenna? Could be a good tech quicki episode.

https://smile.amazon.com/HUACAM-HCM05-Wireless-Antenna-Extension/dp/B06W2GSYNW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528312108&sr=8-4&keywords=Wi-Fi+Antenna+Extension+Cable+RP-SMA

wifi.png

A quick guide to using Linux, as in, not how it works, but really how to get around it and generally use it, or more specifically, for Raspbian.

Data collection, to include IOT devices, marketing, solicitation, consumerism, and why data privacy really matters.

Possibly discuss what data mining is, how it works. And how it relates to "Big Data".

Make a guide on the Ryzen APU line up, explain what is an APU for because apparently the most people coming here are clueless... I love people buying a Ryzen 3 2200G with an overkill X470 motherboard and a GTX 1060 for Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro then complaining like hell about their performance.

People seem to think this chip is a budget miracle but aren't understanding its purpose right and thus making a waste of their money... at least from what I could gather lately here on the forum.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Take this article and transform the info inside of it into a Tech-Quickie. ;)

https://www.howtogeek.com/355524/how-to-use-windows-10s-hidden-video-editor/

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Simple one, how 911 calls are routed to the appropriate local police department. Not sure how this is handled in Canada, though.

I am not sure if I can explain this correctly, but maybe a video about the World Clock, and maybe why, and how, for devices to be synced properly to the correct clock / time zone / etc. 

Not really a tech quickie per say..

But what about a vintage LAN episode? Party like its 1999 xD

A lot of us have fond memories of LAN parties (Counterstrike 1.6 StarCraft?)

Points for best, most authentic PC, Highest score in game? Best dressed? Auction off the PCs at the end?

Before shooting the episode ask subscribers about their favorite LAN memories to get ideas and gauge the demand for said episode.

What about zipped files and torrents work?

I just don't want to look it up but instead want to watch sexy linus explain plz

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

I would like to see a LTT on how iso works so well on modern cameras. 

What is direct X?

Revision history and what it ment for games/ graphics cards?

Pros and cons of Antivirus as fast as possible, bloatware as fast as possible. 

Not so much a video idea... The format of both TechQuickie and TechLinked would be great as an audio-only podcast. Even if you can't arrange to do it for free, it would be awesome if @Slick and the Floatplane team could setup audio only transcoding and a unique RSS feed per user (something like floatplane.com/channel/linustechtips/podcast?key={RANDOMLY GENERATED USER AUTH TOKEN})

Would be awesome to have a video on how to calibrate a monitor and a TV without professional tools. Also, a video on how to make a completly silent DIY cabinet for console and pc.

Hello.

I did not know this thread but i would be interested to have some explanation about roll-up for Android.

I originaly posted this thread here: 

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931