Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

I'd like to watch one about the technology around an F1 Grand Prix.

There is a TON of tech going on there!

Edited by alexagueroleon
typo

Can you do a video on:
- 3d printing tehnologes (SLS,AFM,SLT,...)
- ZFS/BTRFS
- Docker

Nice software  :)

Why don't some old "new hardware" prices drop after a new version comes out.  for example 6700k prices didn't drop when 7700ks came out.  7700k prices didn't drop when 8700k came out.  I see video cards do somewhat (mining thing aside)  but CPUS never seem to.

why right now on newegg is a 6700k $359.00  a 7700k $339 yet an 8700k (with shortage) is $419  when the 7700k is way ahead of the 6700k  and the 8700k is a hundred miles ahead of either?

Seems to me at this point based on a $419 8700k price, a 7700k should be about $280 and a 6700k about $220 or so.  least thats how it normally works in the rest of the world.

how sd cards store data

in your tq video on it, you just explained the different formats, prices and such, not how they actually work iirc

sorry if its been suggested already, cant be bothered going through 62 pages of posts haha

luke was wrong

1. Wireless modem Architectures (Wireless N/AC, etc.) and what works with your internet plan

2.Wired vs. wireless connections for your desktop/laptop and speed implications

3. Understanding audio/speakers - Ohms, watts, impedance, Db/decibal, frequency, RMS and peak power

Edited by ChaosJ
updated list

9 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Based on @LinusTech‘s tweet. “Evolution of YouTube’s algorithm as fast as possible”. 

I think it'd look something like this:

e31.png.80d9bd0c421b808242d54ff356c89024.png

Enterprise APs vs home routers

What is the IEEE and why does it matter?

What does MIMO technology add to wireless networking?

Why fiber internet is the only form that has the same upload/download speeds vs broadband, dial up, etc.

On 08/11/2017 at 12:05 AM, RKRiley said:

Not sure if suggested already, but I'd love to see a TQ on PowerLine Kits and how they work.

I know that probably alot of people (myself included) are quite confused how they can send a connection, at close to straight-wired speeds, by simply "plug and playing" them in a room or room(s) using the electrical cables already installed in the walls :P 

This got uploaded today, that makes me happy xD 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Since you guys made the video about mining profitability, I'd be interested to hear about how these cryptocurrency mining contracts work where you pay to "rent" mining equipment hosted on a data center rather than buy your own.

Also, relevant to the current news, it'd be nice to have a techquickie explaining what loot boxes are and how they work for people who don't play freemium-type games

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

What is the red hard drive light for and as long as it isnt burning to the ground, why does it matter? 

I want to see you make a micro sd raid and put it up against a SSD raid https://www.amazon.com/Micro-SATA-Adapter-RAID-Converter/dp/B00C5MUILM https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-SDXC-UHS-I-SDSDXPA-512G-G46/dp/B00NP699ZI/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1511736700&sr=1-3&keywords=1tb+micro+sd+card can you make the smallest raid ever. links to items you might need.

SD Cards and how they work.  There is a theory on some photography websites that deleting pictures in camera will risk an SD card failure.  It doesn't make sense to me but people say you should upload your pictures then format the sd card in the camera you are using it in.  Can you debunk it, or confirm it or just give some advice?

Thanks 

John

9 minutes ago, jippiee said:

Net Neutrality

Linus already made a video of that a few months ago

On 11/13/2017 at 6:49 PM, Klorkson said:

Why can't you uninstall more than one program at the same time in windows?

I have been wondering for a decade and I guess a whole lot of people are, too!

I think it has something to do with accessing the registry and that you can't have multiple instances into the registry

On 5-11-2017 at 6:07 PM, DareQ1337 said:

Hackintosh, what is it

There is a video about it!

What are optical answer sheets? How do they work and why does it need #2 pencils only? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

What are optical answer sheets? How do they work and why does it need #2 pencils only? 

What if I told you it's all a lie (kind of)? 

Any pencil will work, but softer pencils (<2) smudge more easily, while harder pencils (>2) are lighter and thus harder to pick up. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.