Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

he already did a video on SSD caching... however not on a how-to...

Well that's what I mean "a how to on it"

I reckon there are way more people who know what cashing is and Want to do it then those who know how to actually do it.

By the way Linus has already done a video on consul versus PC.

By the way, go easy Grammar Nazis I'm dyslexic;'#';[p#'; (I'm pretty sure a full stop should go there somewhere :D)
My Deviant Art: http://neutronicsoup.deviantart.com/
Linus quote of the day "Slick you're fired"

A quickie on the small things: difference between dual link DVI plugs and Regular DVI..If you want to know if your PSU is dead..Beep codes..etc.

I would like to see this expanded into a quickie on the various video outputs, their differences, and the pros/cons of each. Including HDMI, DVI, Dual DVI, VGA, etc. Throwing which one(s) is best would also be nice.

Mobile Graphics Compared to Desktop graphics

660m vs 660

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

What about a speaker setup 2.0, 2.1, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1 etc.

tweeters, mid range, woofers etc.

Linus this one needs doing for the elderly and anyone else not tech savvy <3 the difference between laptop, netbook and tablets ?? asking you cause my nan asked me and i thought that would be a great tech quickie

Is It Worth it?

the $200+ for upgrading a GPU, just for 20 more fps?

Difference between managed and unmanaged switches

Maybe go into what ip addresses and mac addresses are?

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

But's that's only on Battlefield 3... I want a generalized Console vs. PC!!!

Agreed.  Like the difference in the internals.  For example, the xBox One boasts special custom CPU & GPU combos with all the controllers on the chip too.  I think a lot of us understand the way the insides of a desktop all go together, but very few of us have opened up a console.

Agreed.  Like the difference in the internals.  For example, the xBox One boasts special custom CPU & GPU combos with all the controllers on the chip too.  I think a lot of us understand the way the insides of a desktop all go together, but very few of us have opened up a console.

There's nothing interesting honestly; it's a computer at heart.  It has a CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drive... just uses different models (underpowered ones hehe) than what you can find in PCs, and a different OS.

do one on positive negative neutral air pressures.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I would love to see a Tech Quickie with a high level overview of CPU architecture between AMD and Intel and how that can help us in deciding on a gaming platform.  It might not be possible in the short vid style but if not, even a regular video on it would be great.  I believe that a lot of prospective pc builders would benefit.

a video pertaining to all sorts of "lag spikes" frame drops maybe like on any level of hardware standards.

Cpu: Intel i7 4790k@stock | Case: Corsair C70 | Motherbord: msi z97 Krait edition Ram: Crucial ballistix 16 GB | Video Card: GTX 1080 8GB |

Power Supply: Seasonic 620W Bronze|KeyBord: Corsair K70 RGB (reds)| Mouse: Logitech g502|MicrophoneBlue Snowball|

How watercooling works?

How to overclock a CPU?

• 2 weeks later...

I've said this before (in this exact thread) and I'll say it again:

I want a GENERALIZED PC vs. Console as Fast as Possible...

Generalized? Dosen't everyone, especially those on this forum already know that a PC is better than a console and don't need a video on that? There are also more than enough articles online :P

PC in Profile

Thermal Throttling.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Proper Cable Management

this would be helpful for non-enthusiast.

not only for looks but for better cooling of their rig.  :)

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

Different types of packaging foam! :P

Hard foam vs. soft foam drop test anyone?

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

how about a video showing how use the search function on the forum?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

How to buy and apply thermal paste for CPU's and GPU's

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Psu wattage ( the common misconception that you need a 1200w psu to run sli or crossfire x)