Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

why there never was and never will be apparently an alternative to gamers other than Windows? why linux gaming never picked up for example

Thermal Shock, just give a quick history of why it was relevant and why it is or not so much today. But it still can do damage... just not as much of a risk today.

I get asked this a lot outside the forum.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Bit of an old topic but (this may date me but then again I am just a bit older than Linus)

North Bridge & South Bridge.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Difference between memory and storage

Have seen many people saying "oh, it only has 16gb of memory, it's terrible"

On 10/12/2017 at 11:21 AM, asus killer said:

why linux gaming never picked up for example

driver support - windows was one of the only user friendly operating systems at the time so they made all the drivers on it

On 10/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, T-Monkey said:

DxOMark Ratings as Fast as Possible!

MKBHD done a video on this a few days ago.

WPA2 vulnerability called KRACK.

With the popularity of Google's push for "Machine Learning" I think a good "Fast as Possible"  could be explaining the basics of machine learning specifically what Google is trying to do. 

Since I really think that 2017 is the year of cyber security woes, what about a video on “The history of hacking and advanced persistent threats as fast as possible”. 

Maybe Brandon can do this one, “Avoid basic photography mistakes” like cranking up ISO way too high in low light at the expense of too much digital noise. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Ok so i have 4 Suggestions: 

How do Powerline Adapters Work (Already suggested directly to jmart)

How does Amazon Echo / Google Home work?

Is Amazon Echo / Google Home secure?

How do Temperature Sensors work?

Powerline Networking, Pros-Cons, etc.

I just stumbled on to this 5 minutes ago and thought it would be a great topic

17 hours ago, MultiDJRoni said:

Ok so i have 4 Suggestions: 

How do Powerline Adapters Work (Already suggested directly to jmart)

How does Amazon Echo / Google Home work?

Is Amazon Echo / Google Home secure?

How do Temperature Sensors work?

Lol didn't even see this guy, but I concur! :) and temp sensors too, that sounds cool/interesting

On 4/25/2013 at 11:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

Not tech quickie necessarily, but a new video on PCI lane saturation. 

The recent i9 series isn't as stacked as I'd think we'd want. 

Given NVMe and the 1080ti, i'd think we're getting closer to saturating things.

This is very current events related but the Pixel 2/XL issues explained as fast as possible. And what to do if you are affected.@jmart604 

First time posting... great channel!

RAM manufacturers vs. RAM assemblers: whats the difference and does it matter?

I recently watched a video by Micron (Crucial) and learned that most "RAM manufacturers" are in reality assemblers. Only a few manufacturers like Micron, Toshiba, and Samsung actually make DRAM chips. Companies like Corsair or GSkill buy these and put them together on custom PCBs, while even more buy DRAM and PCBs and just put them together and don't do any actually independent PCB design. They (Micron) also claim it takes a full month for DRAM chip manufacture and Q&A which seems a bit long; but that could be a whole separate video.

So if you buy Corsair memory it may actually have the exact same DRAM chip as Ballistix memory!

How about a video that tests how your desktop positioning affects thermal performance - for instance I recently moved my Bitfenix Phenom build onto carpet and wonder if the airflow to the PSU/fan at the bottom is significantly impeded.

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

How you created your "FPS per dollar" spreadsheet for the Scrapyard Wars videos and how we can make our own.