Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

@LinusTech, Can you please have a look at Aster Multiseat?

I got inspired by your videoseries "7 Gamers 1 CPU", and I wanted to find out if it was possible do something alike, but more like 1 CPU 1 GPU 2 Gamers. While googleling around, I stumbled upon a program called Aster Multiseat. As I understand it, it's a program that changes windows  to work as a multiuser environment, where each user got their own screen, keyboard, mouse, ect. I think making a video about exploring this program would be a fun and educational video to watch, and it could be the "more reasonable" sequel to the "7 Gamers 1 CPU" for when you got a friend over at your house.

Aster Multiseat: https://www.ibik.ru

Hi

An episode on hardware conflicts would be nice.

Difference between IRQ and DMA and perhaps why this was important for soundcards in the past.

I still remember those days, but never really understood it.

Different types of solar cell technologies. Monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon, what commercial stuff uses; Gallium Arsenide single and multijunction cells; Thin Film technology; and other new stuff. This chart is excellent for discussing efficiency: efficiency_chart.jpg

My current fleet!
Zerua - Workstation - i7-6700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX1070 | Azalera - Surface Pro 4 - i7-6650U, 16gb | Sarea - FreeNAS Server - E5-2407 1.2TB RAIDZ2

DSLR auto focus as fast as possible.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

suggestion for ltt video(s), personal rig videos for staff, let their personality show with however clean/messy, old/new, etc. their personal rig is. seems interesting.

Explain what SMT is (amd's equivalent for intel's HT) and what exactly is different or the same.

Threadripper explained

New intel xeon line-up explained (both workstation and the silver/gold/whatever stuff)

Epyc line-up explained

Intel VROC explained and why it's different from a normal raid-setup.

CHipset raid vs dedicated hardware controller raid vs VROC vs software raid (combine/specify whatever you want, apart from the different raid modes like Raid-0, raid-1 etc there's basically nothing.)

LRDIMM explained (or LDRIMM vs UDIMM or whatever)

HBM2 explained.

AMD's multi-die solution VS intel's 1 big die design (monochrome or monolithic i think?)

Freesync 2 with HDR explained.

AMD's pro drivers vs gaming drivers.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Region specific content and blocking by services like Netflix and Hulu.  Different countries getting different catalogs and the sort.

No clue if it's been done. the search terms could be all over the place.. 

Topic thought.. Nvme, sate, ssd and how each drives speed effects the operation of your mouse and keyboard and their responses.. I seem to notice a large difference in my mouse from sata to ssd to nvme but don't know how to test the numbers and see if it's my mind tricking me or is there a change/effect.. 

I have a few interesting idea how about Active Directory Directory Services Infrastructure

or: The OSI Model

or just both
Would be really interested to have that to explain it to coworkers :P
and IMO the OSI model is pretty much basics for Informatics

I think this deserves a full LTT video but not sure where to put that.  This came across my FB feed and it's hysterical, just reading the responses from the company page trying to make it sound legit and the fake account's saying they have one and love it.  Hysterical.

http://www.marseilleinc.com/store/

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Graphic card name system and what is founders edition, Ill be honest I have no idea how a 980 is on the same level as a 1080 if it even is, because I still see people using 980's today. Please explain.

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

Why modern monitors and TVs take so long to show content.

Explaining benchmarking, how it works. Why is it different from PC to PC although of the same model.

What do the numbers mean, how is it useful to the general population.

Audio Card review for gaming like Creative's SBX card

-surround sound effect

-not needed for IEM?

-vs Razer surround?

I've always heard about, and even vehemently suggested, not placing a motherboard on the anti-static bag it comes in.  "The outside of the bag is conductive and can damage the board, etc., etc."  Linus has even done his own Techquickie on the matter.  But recently someone threw another YouTube video in my face claiming that it's not true, and that placing their board on the anti-static bag then placing that bag on a carpeted floor to test why the board wouldn't power-on, couldn't have harmed the board.  I'll link the video below.  Perhaps it's time to beat this dead horse.. one more time!  Hopefully this will put and end to all the rumors, lest we be forced to admit we may have been wrong this whole time.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

It'd be cool if you could do one on drive in movie theaters. 

I don't see a place to post video ideas for the normal LTT channel, so I apologize if this is a faux pas.

Can you do a video where you use literally every single pin/header on a motherboard and go over why each of them exist? I seem to never utilize 80% of those pins when doing new builds and not knowing why they're even there other than to stress me out and give me more options than I need.

thanks!

Not a quickie suggestion but a normal video. 64 cores: Ryzen 7 vs 1950x vs Epyc. I want to see 64 core (probably) Beowulf clusters of Ryzen 7 and 1950X go up against 2x EPYC 7601, bonus points for a rig of whatever makes sense from intel. Price/performance analysis, benchmarks, workloads that run the gamut from embarrassingly parallel to requiring very tight linkage between cores, the works.

Actually, better make it a series ;) I'd watch the hell out of that.

On 4/25/2013 at 9:49 PM, TechteamGB said:

watercooling - brief guide with a few tips

No negativity but it can't be a "Brief" guide if it's a Tech"Quickie" episode, that could go for the Linus Tech Tips channel though

How an ECU in a car works. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

different types of servers and how the hardware components/general builds vary between them.

Alternatively/additionally do an LTT video about generally the same except using your own server room as a guide of how its used to optimize storage and computing resources for your workflow (I know this has been somewhat done in other videos but not recently I believe and not taking into account all the different servers)