Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Games

i mean everyday users


Post Cursed Images HERE

View my Hard Drive Tier and Review list here

 

Specs:
Core i5 8400

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 2400MHz

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Ultra Z370

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung 850 EVO 256GB Solid State Drive

Seagate FireCuda 2TB Hybrid

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W PSU

Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass Case

CoolerMaster Lite L RGB

Corsair Glaive RGB

ACER Predator XB1 4K Monitor from LMG

NZXT Hue+ 3 Pack 120AER RGB Fans

 

Server:

Intel Xeon E5645 @ 2.4GHz (2 CPUs)

Nvidia Geforce 210

16GB DDR3 ECC Memory

1 2TB WD RED NAS Drive

2x 128GB SSD's

6x 1TB WD Enterprise Drives

Link to post
Share on other sites

just had a thought, you guys always talk about how laptops and things have Kensington locks but I don't think you've done a video on what the kensington lock is and it's history.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Linus @LinusTech, or Luke @Slick, or Jon

 

I think TPM would be a great subject for an "As Fast As Possible" episode or two. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what TPM is and what TPM headers on motherboards are for. Questions I might seek to answer would include: What is TPM and what is it for? What do I need to support it? How does a TPM module interact with the BIOS, OS, encrypted file systems, EFS SSDs or hard drives, WGA (windows genuine advantage or whatever the activation method is called) etc? What problems can they cause? What concerns are there about TPM? (yes, I saw it mentioned in a WAN show document). What will your login experience be if you use it in Windows? Are there problems with TPM?

 

I have researched it and have a general understanding but some of the specifics are not laid out and it's a little murky on the web. 
Just my $0.02

Edited by Brightglaive
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brightglaive said:

Linus @LinusTech, or Luke @Slick, or Jon

 

I think TPM would be a great subject for an "As Fast As Possible" episode or two. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what TPM is and what TPM headers on motherboards are for. Questions I might seek to answer would include: What is TPM and what is it for? What do I need to support it? How does a TPM module interact with the BIOS, OS, encrypted file systems, EFS SSDs or hard drives, WGA (windows genuine advantage or whatever the activation method is called) etc? What problems can they cause? What concerns are there about TPM? (yes, I saw it mentioned in a WAN show document). What will your login experience be if you use it in Windows? Are there problems with TPM?

 

I have researched it and have a general understanding but some of the specifics are not laid out and it's a little murky on the web. 

Just my $0.02

pls fix for dark theme by removing formatting.

 

And also, they don't get notifications from tags (or at least Linus doesn't) and Luke barely checks his.


How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos variant (Late 2018 - present) | Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016 Edition (Late 2018 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2019 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

pls fix for dark theme by removing formatting.

 

And also, they don't get notifications from tags (or at least Linus doesn't) and Luke barely checks his.

I didn't place any formatting in my post.    

 

However, just to be safe I copied the text into notepad and then reposted back as an edit

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like to see a TechQuickie talking about the main differences of advanced filesystems such as:

  • HFS+ (Mac Boot FS Journaled)
  • APFS (Apple's new FS, which is what iOS 10.3 will be moving to, as well as future macOS eventually)
  • ext2 / 3 / 4 (Main Linux FS)
  • BTRFS
  • ZFS

Heavily dated mac heathen who likes keeping up-to-date on PC stuff. - Currently multibooting macOS Sierra / Windows 7 Pro / KALI Linux (Rolling)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm planning a mini itx case/ pc mod build thing (using an old product which can be used as case, but wasn't originally designed as a case - it's my first ever itx build and case mod, and I'm very excited about it, so I'm not telling...yet).

 

I'll be needing a hot glue gun for it, so here is my video suggestion - What hot glue gun to choose?/ Tips when buying a hot glue gun?

 

I'd love to see a video on this as there are quite a few hot glue guns out there, and different types of glue sticks for them, and it can be quite difficult (at least for me it is) to find one that meets all the requirements for the task at hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do CPU manfacturers "imprint" the specs of a CPU inside a CPU. How does a CPU of any kind know how to work inside its specification limits. How CPU specs are encoded in CPUs and maybe motherboards also? Of course this can cover PCs as well as mobile devices

Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a(nother) bone for the Linux Crowd? Make a short vid explaining how the linux ecosystem software sharing works!

I.e. How to (or What is?) Building software on your distro!

It may sound complicated and/or confusing but its an integral part of what open source is and the fact that linux, for allll its different flavours, still has $#!7 tons of compatibility.

This really isn't so complex, especially if you don't go too in-depth, just enough for it to be understood how it works. The link is to my post explaining it to a guy. And has two vids for reference, short and tutorial-like.. If I wanted complicated I'd recommend a video about the linux kernel, and why every distro chooses one or another version or about compiling your own :S.

Spoiler

Though that would be DOPE!

 


Personal Rig:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

Link to post
Share on other sites

FSB, QPI, Etc. Technologies.  i just posted a thread under CPU trying to better understand how QPI works in XEON Processors where i had 4 links and want to upgrade the CPU to a 1 link version.


https://facebook.com/tekmyster

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully I'm not out of line posting this here.

I have a small correction to report on the latest video "What is Handheld Molecular Scanning?" where you say that infrared is a higher frequency and energy to visible light when it is in fact the opposite. Infrared light has a slower frequency and lower energy and larger wavelength. 

 

You did get the part about infrared being able to penetrate better than regular light.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Inspired by my recent exchange of word with my wireless carrier about my asinine data limits:

 

Why is true unlimited data very hard to maintain? Why do some carriers can do it? Why do some can't? Why is it that even in some wired internet (DSL, cable, fiber) providers, it's not true unlimited data? It's just an internet plan with very high data cap (around 500 GB to 2TB). Does more spectrum for a wireless carrier makes it easier to maintain unlimited data? What happens when carriers ran out of spectrum?


There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, hawking said:

Hopefully I'm not out of line posting this here.

I have a small correction to report on the latest video "What is Handheld Molecular Scanning?" where you say that infrared is a higher frequency and energy to visible light when it is in fact the opposite. Infrared light has a slower frequency and lower energy and larger wavelength. 

 

You did get the part about infrared being able to penetrate better than regular light.

This is not what was said in the video. Watch it again.

 

Also, thanks to everyone who has posted their suggestions so far. Keep them coming. :)


I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eds_Tech said:

Review the thermaltake tower 900 case. 

You're looking for this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/300200-what-should-i-review-next/

 

To all: We do not review specific products on Techquickie. We sometimes do OVERVIEWS of specific products if they're especially noteworthy (such as our recent video about the Google Pixel), but this isn't the right thread for requesting things like case reviews. Thanks :)


I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×