Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

InstantGo/Connected Standby as fast as possible

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (Mid 2019 to present)  | iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Different Types of Ethernet Cables As Fast As Possible (or a specific type like Cat 7)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Harambe didn't make it out alive

28 minutes ago, TheFieryHaze said:

Different Types of Ethernet Cables As Fast As Possible (or a specific type like Cat 7)

you can find this out easily in less than a minute with a quick google search

10 minutes ago, Lord_Doge said:

you can find this out easily in less than a minute with a quick google search

I know, but it's nice to see Techquickie talk about it so people don't buy the wrong cable/get confused over which cable to buy.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Harambe didn't make it out alive

we see a lot of requests by people who still run Q6600's and similar era cpu's asking "what gpu to buy". How's about lowering your standards a little and bench a dozen or so low/mid range cards and see where the law of diminishing returns kicks in with several core processors. ( quads ) 1080p would be the proper res )

would be good to see DX9/10/11 included and also see Vista/W7...... and not the newest games entirely either.

On 7/5/2016 at 10:01 PM, bf314159 said:

Linus/Luke I think you guys should do a Fast As Possible on all the music streaming services like google play music, spotify, apple music, etc. and which one offers the best sound quality.  Not it makes a lot more sense to subscribe to a service like these than buying your music.

Thanks, Ben Familetto

If this hasn't already been done, it would make for a great TechQuickie episode, especially now that Apple Music has been fully available in Canada for a few months. I'd love to hear about the comparison of each streaming sites' social features, offline caching, and cost effectiveness.

Desktop: i7-4790k Build - ALMOST COMPLETE Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell Unlimited National Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: HP Touchpad (Android) | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Have ya'll done a video to explain the effects/differences in the different kinds of fluids that can be use for liquid cooling? It was a curious thought of mine if this varible even matter.

Case: Corsair 350D Windowed Motherboard: ASRock Pro4-M CPU: Intel i3-3320 Cooler: Stock(upgrade) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz Red GPU: Asus GTX DCUIIOC 650 ti  PSU: Corsair CX500 SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb

Monitor: HP 2159M, Random DELL 1280x1024 Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70  Mouse: SteelSeries Black Ops 2 edition Mouse Pad: Unsure Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Blue Frost edition Labtec LT-820 Microphone: Blue Snowball: Frost

Second the power supply noise/ripple idea

CPU: Intel i9 9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz CL16 GPU: Gigabyte 1080Ti Windforce w/ AIO Liquid cooler Case: Fractal Design Define S Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME, 1TB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB SanDisk Ultra II PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Displays: 1440p 144Hz Acer XG270HU CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Logitech G Pro TKL Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless Sound: Fiio E10k + Kingston Hyper X Cloud Core Headset + Logitech Desktop Tower Speakers OS: Windows 10 Home

A video explaining how ac chargers work with voltages between 100 and 240v would be cool. I get that they work - but what is the voodoo magic that makes a simple usb charger always output 5v?

Digital signatures and autentication

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Kingston HyperX 16GB (2*8GB) DDR4 3333MHz • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Logitech MX Anywhere 2

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Please do a video on housekeeping that can and can't be done after I clone Windows 10 from my HDD to my SSD.

My SSD is only 256 MB and after deleting a bunch of apps (pre clone) I am only down to 100 GB (yikes)

- Win10 restore points (was set after the clone to use 100% of my SSD (Yikes) I deleted a bunch of restore points ad set the maximum to 10% of 256GB, but can I MOVE the restore points off the SSD to one of the HDD? Google says I can't and I am stuck to either not having any restore points, or having them stored on the SSD (poop)

- My Documents, My Music, My photos - SSD pre clone I moved all the contents to a USB drive for safe keeping and to reduce the size of windows. Now that SSD is installed I do not want these folders back on my SSD. Is it easy to move them and if so HOW?

- Pre SSD clone I uninstalled all my games, and every app that I did not use everyday (Firefox, Video rippers, torrenting) After SSD I plan to reinstall these but not on SSD but rather on to one of the HHD. Is this possible? It used to be possible everytime aoftware was installed to specify where it was installed. Still the case in Windows10?)

- Pre SSD clone I did NOT delete Steam but I did delete a lot of my games that took up about 5GB each. If I leave Steam on the SSD and reinstall all the games my SSD is going to be almost full. I though I would be able to have the games I use a lot on the SSD and those I play less frequently on the HHD. But I guess this is NOT possible????

What other things have I not stumbled on yet that will fill up my SSD (I did find how to move the default DOWNLOAD folder for photos, documents, videos, etc off of the SSD onto a HDD

The steps in preparing for the SSD clone, the actual cloning is only part of the procedure. The housekeeping AFTER the clone is a huge issue and no Youtube videos I could find to help me.

| CPU Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz Yorkfield     Motherboard: Dell 0M017G LGA775 45nm P45/P43 333MHz bus / 1333 FSB 
| GPU: EVGA GTX950 SOC 2GB                   RAM8GB DDR2 400MHz 6 6 6 18  1.8V     | PSU: Seasonic 400W  
| DisplayDell ST2410 1920 x 1080  +  DELL 1905FP 1280 x 1024  +  Samsung 42" 720P                          
| Storage:  SSD 256MB  +  WD Black 1TB  +  WD Green 3TB 

Why is the thread for AFAP suggestions in Linus Official, when it's been established by NickMLG that AFAP does not belong in Linus Official or does not get official topics in Linus Official?