Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Explain VRM and the benefits of cooling it 

American by birth, Greek by ancestry and pride, Geek by enthusiasm, Electronics Engineer by choice , Musician by passion, Blackbeard by appearance.

Pc: Name Vanericus Creation date 11/20/2009 

Laptop: Name Blackbeard date 27/7/2016 Msi GT72S 6QD Diminator G                                            

Hi LMG crew.

I don't know if this has been covered before (sorry if yes) - but I would like to see a tech quickie on video frame interpolation on consumer goods as well as SVP

I am in no way affiliated with SVP, but I am unsure how many people realize you can watch 60 fps versions of any film you have on your PC..for free. SVP really makes watching movies different from what you've experienced before. Some find it odd or uncomfortable, personally, I think it's brillo.

Cheers!

Western Digital NAS and Software (WD SmartWare)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hello maybe about:

• graphical artifacts / glitches 
  • active studio monitors (speakers)

CPU:  fx8320 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus M5A99x EVO R2.0  GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 970 strix  Cooler: Corsair h60  RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws z 32gb 

PSU: Be Quiet! Straight power 500w  SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb  HDD: 320gb - 500gb - 1tb

Firestrike score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7844872

Something that I have found frustrating recently. How to set-up Chrome Remote Desktop or other remote access apps to help family members troubleshoot from afar. Both my parents are incredibly technologically illiterate and whenever they have an issue with the household computer its "someone else's fault."  Last weekend it took me roughly 45 minutes to get them through the 3 steps into setting up the Chrome Remote Desktop app. Once in there it took me about 3 minutes to help them solve the problem with the printer drivers....but the battle to get there was just horrendous. 

Interestingly I had the exact same issue months ago trying to help my sister with something similar. It seems like a really easy concept in theory, but some people have the hardest time with it, and don't seem to understand exactly what the Remote Desktop access really is. 

tl;dr - Techquickie how to set up Chrome Remote Desktop (comparable remote access app_ so family/friends can help troubleshoot computer problems if they aren't able to be there. 

Does M.2 effect Gaming?

or does using M.2 use some of the 16X PCIe Lanes that my GPU will use with my new 6700k and 980ti?

Don't know if this has been proposed before, but a tech quickie about "power-line networking" would be cool 

Hello Linus. I had posted this thread initially on the Exotic Coolers thread but it was suggested to me by fellow readers that this maybe better off here, since it is you specifically that I would like to address, and this is about suggestions.

I hope you don't mind a repost...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Linus! I would like to propose a challenge. 
Can you get your hands on, and then do a complete water cooled solution to a Mac Pro 2010 - 2012 tower with 2 CPUs and an Nvidia GTX 980 ti card inside?

It promises to be a very difficult and excruciating process!

But it's one that myself and other Mac enthusiasts who refuse to go the trashcan route would love to see!!!!!

Thanks in advance regardless if you take the challenge!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now I totally understand that this request is pretty insane. Almost ludicrous... probably worthy of medical attention.... but isn't that worth all the fuss and effort just by it's very nature?

As a mac user, we ( those of us who do serious work on our macs and do need upgradability ) have been pretty much left behind by our "Apple lords" and I personally refuse to go the trashcan route when my Mac Pro ( 2010) 12-core is a beast to behold. Dual 3.46 ghz 6-core Xeons. 32 Gb ram, all four drives with SSDs, soon to be added PCIe M.2 hard drive. GTX 980 ti video card. Adding a second GT 610 for boot options .... any who. You can't do that with a trashcan mac. 

I would just love to see a great way to cool my computer that won't destroy it and helps it run cooler and nice.

I know your not a Mac guy, but I hope you can understand the unhappy place Mac users like myself find our selves in. Not to mention the no PCIe 2.0 support for Nvidia video cards under MBR Bootcamp.... don't get me started on that.

Anyway, keep up the great vids.

Much appreciated,

Julio.

How companies install so much bloatware on computers without going through a windows setup

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Visual artifacts such as flickering, tearing, stuttering, ghosting, micro-stuttering & etc. Some sample for each visual artifact, what the cause of each of them & the way to fix it probably

On 3/22/2016 at 3:30 AM, InitializingDev said:

How companies install so much bloatware on computers without going through a windows setup

Include it in the installer..?

How rechargeable batteries work. I know how myself but for others to know like when they recharge their phone/tablet/laptop etc...

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

This is still going on?

NTSC vs. PAL, then.

[witty signature]

Linus vs. Slick....

Seriously though....how about "near field communication"...."Internet connection types...modem/dsl/cable/vdsl/fiber"...."Keyboard Standards ... qwerty vs dvorak"

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

On 3/29/2016 at 10:03 PM, Paralectic said:

Include it in the installer..?

Pretty much

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 3 weeks later...

Temperature and fan control guide

As a person who has never done this I'm confused of all the software pwm hubs and devices