Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Water Cooling options... specifically the differences / advantages between single pump, dual pump in parallel and, dual pump in series

and explain the graphs that represent said pump/loop choices like these

series_zps8pefgrqh.png

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

Rad effectiveness in terms of fan set-up, rad intake/exhaust, rad size and thickness. Also a history of keyboards (like the one you did on AMD) would be absolutely awesome !!! Also how to transport and package a PC for transit would be helpful to me. Lastly CD vs Vinyl vs MP3 or something like that with a blind test? 

LOVE YOU ALL AT LMG :)

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

i did not go back and look to see what you have actually done to see if these had been done or not:

- internet trolling 101 (comments, fake articles, bullying, etc)

- VPN Encryption, how does it work, and how many bits is too many?

- plain old paper (paper has been used for almost everything)

- Bill Gates' water purifier/maker thingy.. (it takes human waste and turns it into drinking water.. bravo!)

- the 'reality tv show' (why the H. E. double hockey sticks are they so addictive!?)

- the uncanney valley (video games or VR made to look ulrta realistic starts looks faek?)

- mousepads (are they really still needed?)

- how the scaling of a live streaming video delivery from either a home or office works on the server/client side (i.e. how can 1 million people stream a live HD video online even though the broadcaster machine could never handle that load on its own)

- how does torrenting a file work, and how was it invented/created

- why pirating is bad for the software ecosystem

- mp3 players (and the phones that deleted them)

- how/why a curveball (american baseball) curves

- why you will most likely NEVER beat the house in Vegas

Might be a bit out of the F.A.P comfort zone but a video on why Bill Gates cant lock ISIS/Daesh of the internet would be good.

System CPU : I5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard : Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM 32 GB Vengence CL9 @ 1600 GPUs ASUS R9 290 DCUII & MSI TwinFrozr R9 290 in crossfire Corsair Air 540 Storage SSD1 Kingston V300 240GB SSD2 OCZ Agility 4 120GB PSU Coolermaster Smart Series SP-850 Out of date

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

remember the "can you see more than 60fps" vids you put out a while back............. now that a lot of us have gotten used to high refresh rate monitors again how's about another test?  bet the users, if they actually have used 144's can tell the difference between those and 60?........ might prove interesting.

Why do processors slow down and decay?

Stuff like:

• Integrated Circuit Aging
  • Transistor Aging
  • Silicon Decay
  • What is the purpose of the Crystal Oscillator?
  • Semiconductors Slowdown

Not just Window PC, but like smartphones and others.

Like buying two Laptops: one with heavy use for an extended amount of time, maybe a year, and the other put in storage.

If you compare them, after a fresh installation, will one be slower?

Thank you,

CPU sockets- why they change and what changes when they do

CPU interposers (packaging)- why they matter and what they do, could go into HBM putting vram on the interposer (footnote for broadwell's on-package DRAM cache) and weak skylake package substrate leading to cracked dies with heavy hard-mount air coolers

I don't know (i guess not) if you have these tings llying around but could you guys explain the NVidia Tesla cards and what they are for?

Comic Sans as fast as possible

No I am serious. Do it.

Explain its origins and reasons, why it is hated, why we keep using it, etc.

Virtual Reality as fast as possible. how it works, what do i need, etc. or my other idea is Virtual desktops. What do I need this for and why is it so important

you should wear the same color clothes as your green screen so you do a review as a floating head. actually you and luke should do a video as a floating head. wear long sleeves and gloves to do an unboxing so its just your heads and the GPU or CPU or whatever you want to reivew. 

Andre Lamothe's company.

This stuff is amazing.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

On 4/25/2013 at 10:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

How About "Dual Booting Explained"  or do a separate video on how to dual boot windows 10 and mac os X with to hard drives