Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

How Error Correction Coding (as in ECC memory) works.

Differences between AMD and Intel approaches to Multithreading.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know (i guess not) if you have these tings llying around but could you guys explain the NVidia Tesla cards and what they are for?

CPU sockets- why they change and what changes when they do

CPU interposers (packaging)- why they matter and what they do, could go into HBM putting vram on the interposer (footnote for broadwell's on-package DRAM cache) and weak skylake package substrate leading to cracked dies with heavy hard-mount air coolers

I don't know (i guess not) if you have these tings llying around but could you guys explain the NVidia Tesla cards and what they are for?

• 2 weeks later...

Virtual Reality as fast as possible. how it works, what do i need, etc. or my other idea is Virtual desktops. What do I need this for and why is it so important

you should wear the same color clothes as your green screen so you do a review as a floating head. actually you and luke should do a video as a floating head. wear long sleeves and gloves to do an unboxing so its just your heads and the GPU or CPU or whatever you want to reivew. 

DynDNS or dynamic DNS

and possibly directories/domains. like how are they used in school and work environments (windows logon on any computer over network)

On 4/25/2013 at 10:11 AM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

How About "Dual Booting Explained"  or do a separate video on how to dual boot windows 10 and mac os X with to hard drives

'Web hosting explained' or something to that effect.

Basic overview on different options for setting up your own website - perhaps get Squarespace on board? ;)

Almost as cool as my temps  

Folding is one I'd like to see as well. 

The Box - Unraid NAS

Case:  LIAN LI PC-A77B PSU: Seasonic X650

CPU: Xeon E3-1230 MB: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Memory:Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600  

HDD Controler: SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 & SUPERMICRO AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Storage: 5x WD Red 4TB (one set as pairty drive) 5x WD Green 2TB HDD Accessories: 2x SUPERMICRO CSE-M35T-1B 3 x 5.25 (replaced included fan w/ Noctua NF-B9-1600)

Gaming system:

ASUS ROG G750JH Laptop (plan to buy a desktop eventually)

SMP as fast as possible

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1. A video suggestion thread that isn't part of tech-quickie

2. A segment on physical hard drive recovery. (i.e. a budget platter (or motor) swap)

As for point 2. The idea wouldnt be to do a perfect recovery, but to see if you can recover data on a hard drive on a cheap ass budget.

"Temporary thread"

Still exists 2.5 years later

gg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

im thinking a system build which IS MENT FOR 1440P gaming, and it includes a:

GTX 960 MSI 4GB TWIN FROZER

AMD 6300 

MSI GTX 970 mother board

1TB WD HARD DRIVE

the rest can be dicided by linus or who ever

Please oh please! Do Steam As Fast As Possible and how their transactions work.

Please! 

EDIT: Please also do something like Unix or C++ As Fast As Possible.

That would be sick!

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

20 minutes ago, TheCODclown25 said:

im thinking a system build which IS MENT FOR 1440P gaming, and it includes a:

GTX 960 MSI 4GB TWIN FROZER

AMD 6300 

MSI GTX 970 mother board

1TB WD HARD DRIVE

the rest can be dicided by linus or who ever

This isn't for build suggestions, this is for As Fast As Possible episodes. Anyway, on topic, Linux as fast as possible?