Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

A video on PC diagnostics/hardware damage would be nice. Like a guide on "How to check used components before buying them."

Rootkits

I see the term thrown around a lot but all I know is that it's just a form of malware, that's it.

perhaps just forms of viruses. malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, ect. Perhaps explain how they work and how to get them (or how NOT to get them)

A video on PC diagnostics/hardware damage would be nice. Like a guide on "How to check used components before buying them."

A guide on how to troubleshoot a computer issue (and figure out what part failed/how to go through the diagnostic process -- first rule out the GPU, then RAM, then drives, etc...) would be cool; but a guide about buying used hardware could pose a problem -- someone follows the guide and gets burned on a used part. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Amp Vs Watt Vs Voltage FAP please

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Amp Vs Watt Vs Voltage FAP please

I feel like there isn't enough to discuss about that:

amps = bandwidth -- the amount of electricity that can flow through a wire 

volts = flow rate -- the speed of the electric current 

watts = the total amount of electricity transferred (amps*volts) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I feel like there isn't enough to discuss about that:

amps = bandwidth -- the amount of electricity that can flow through a wire 

volts = flow rate -- the speed of the electric current 

watts = the total amount of electricity transferred (amps*volts)

And a HUD is a screen with lights on it yet that's a thing.

The point of FAP is to take a subject, break it down and explain what's going on in a simple and easy to understand way. Linus does this so well the topic is almost irrelevant, it could be literally anything.

Also remember FAP isn't aimed at you & I, I already know the difference but there's many people out there who don't. If there's a FAP for a topic and I get asked about it I tell people to watch the FAP and its something which comes up a lot amongst my friends.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Digital Noise Fast as Possible

It could go into both video and audio noise. It could go into what it is, the causes, and what can be done about it (and if we're lucky it'll convince you to buy a video denoiser). And if Jon is out of his depth with this, I would be interested in consulting (I have a lot of experience with noise).

• 2 weeks later...

WiDi, what is required, how to use, what it is and what can be done with it in the future.

What is CMOS 

| MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | CPU i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz | RAM G.Skill 16GB 2133MHz | SSD Kingston 240GB / HDD Seagate 3TB | GPU MSI Gaming GTX 970 |

| Cooling CM Nepton 240M | Display Philips BDM4065UC 40in 4K | Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Blue | Mouse Logitech G502 | Case Fractal Design Core 2500 |

PSU Rankings

Also I think Teran should give a try to the Zalman fg1000 fps gunmouse it is a vertical mouse with the sensor placed way beyond the fist... just to see if that affects his wrist pain

It helped me

Difference between Electrical Enginnering and Computer Engineering

PLEASE!!!! I am going to a university after two years so please help!

This ! It is sometimes confusing.

According to my College, Electrical Engineering, ( or the one I think I plan on doing ) is computer diagnostic and repair and working with also mobile devices, PCs, and laptops.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The last 2 videos, AR and Waterproofing have bad sound. It's too high pitched (if that's the proper term).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The K.I.S.S. metodology.

Dual booting.

Kernel-based VMs.

Hololens.

Resistors.

Computer engineering is software design. Electrical engineering is integrated circuit design. VERY different, although you do some electrical engineering subjects in computer engineering and vice versa.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Linus could you make a video about:

the new intel versions of CPUs that have come out.

After haswell, Devil's canyon, skylake....

And their corresponding chipsets...  Is it extreme ? what socket ? and so on...

It would really be helpful.

Thanks,

Stay Epic,

BlazeMike

This topics are very popular trend in Computer Science and Computer Industry:

• Machine Learning
  • Deep Learning (Artificial Neural Networks)
  • Natural Language Processing
  • Data Mining
  • Computer Vision

Would like to see a video of Linus explaining poweline adapters/homeplug.

What is it and how it works.

THANKS ALOT!

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

amd cpus.

you made one for the intel cpus, so might as well make one for amd

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Fan controller software. Do I need it? Why do I need it? What does it do? Do I really need 4 different pieces of software to run fans(motherboard, aio, external fan controller, gpu). For that matter why do I need all these things to run my computer?

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::