Gigabyte x570 aorus elite/msi b450 tomahawk

Hey guys so considering using one of those board for my pc. I’ll be using a ryzen 9 3900x cpu. Will the tomohawk support this process? Which board will be better. Also do both have RGB ports to plug the wraith prism rgb cooler into ? The tomohawk is half the price aswell. Does the x570 have bois flashback? Would I need to buy any additional fans for the pc with either board? 

The Aorus is better.  Aorus has q flash  so you can flash without a cpu. 

That MSI is good but that Aorus is better. But the gigabyte bios sucks.  But go for the Aorus.

6 minutes ago, bignaz said:

The Aorus is better.  Aorus has q flash  so you can flash without a cpu. 

That MSI is good but that Aorus is better. But the gigabyte bios sucks.  But go for the Aorus.

How does the gigabyte bios suck? When it says the board supports 3rd gen Ryzen, does that mean it has a bois flashback already. Could I go for the tomohawk and do the bois flashback ? Would it then support the 3900x

I would prefer the X570 personally but the Tomahawk is a great board and should handle a stock 3900X just fine. They both have BIOS flashback and the Gigabyte BIOS is just fine, not sure why everyone wines about it.. It might be a little harder to use but it works..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

9 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

I would prefer the X570 personally but the Tomahawk is a great board and should handle a stock 3900X just fine. They both have BIOS flashback and the Gigabyte BIOS is just fine, not sure why everyone wines about it.. It might be a little harder to use but it works..

Well if they both have bois flashbck and the tomohawk can handle the 3900x I may get it. Saves 100 quid that I can use else where and keep costs down 

Just now, ch3w2oy said:

No it's not. 

They have stuff in random areas.

They have about way less settings what is fine I guess if you can't grasp the basics of a bios.

LLC turbo and extreme are the same exact thing.

Multiple entries in different places for the same setting.  This leads to cluttered poorly layed out tabs.

Gigabyte bios is absolutely horrible and trash. You can use it but it sucks. Everyone knows this and until I reacently switched over to MSI I used gigabyte for years and I'll tell you the bios sucks.

Customer service is pretty bad also.

Motherboards them self well that dapends. High-end stuff is great. Middle of the road is ok. Low-end stuff is horrible...like oem Dell horrible. 

I will say my Aorus x470 destroyed my crosshair vii even with the crap bios. Pushed the same ram at the same timings to 80mhz higher. Max cpu oc on a 2700x was 50mhz higher. And if you use pbo if the x570's are anything like the 470's they tend to boost a little higher. My gaming 7 always boosted higher then my crosshair, pro carbon. 

I like the gigabyte boards. If they would just fix the bios it would be great. You shouldn't have any issues with the bios. Advanced users don't like the bios.

The x570 gives you more board for the money.  More ports, pcie 4.0, better power dilivery. I would pick the Aorus all day over the tomahawk.  

12 minutes ago, bignaz said:

No it's not. 

They have about way less settings what is fine I guess if you can't grasp the basics of a bios.

Multiple entries in different places for the same setting.  This leads to cluttered poorly layed out tabs.

Gigabyte bios is absolutely horrible and trash. You can use it but it sucks. Everyone knows this and until I reacently switched over to MSI I used gigabyte for years and I'll tell you the bios sucks.

Motherboards them self well that dapends. High-end stuff is great. Middle of the road is ok. Low-end stuff is horrible...like oem Dell horrible. 

I will say my Aorus x470 destroyed my crosshair vii even with the crap bios. Pushed the same ram at the same timings to 80mhz higher. Max cpu oc on a 2700x was 50mhz higher. And if you use pbo if the x570's are anything like the 470's they tend to boost a little higher. My gaming 7 always boosted higher then my crosshair, pro carbon. 

I like the gigabyte boards. If they would just fix the bios it would be great. You shouldn't have any issues with the bios. Advanced users don't like the bios.

The x570 gives you more board for the money.  More ports, pcie 4.0, better power dilivery. I would pick the Aorus all day over the tomahawk.  

Yeah okay makes sense, is there any other boards you would recommend? Something with decent bois, pcie 4.0, has rgb slot for my cpu cooler, Decent heat sink and can handle my 3900x? Up to 200 pounds in price? 

27 minutes ago, bignaz said:

No it's not. 

OK fine.. I used the X470 Gaming 7 and Z390 Aorus Ultra and overclocking my CPU and RAM was not an issue whatsoever.. I guess the lower end is worse.. 

The Gaming 7 couldn't run my RAM higher than my C7H but I did like the features on the Gaming 7 more than my C7H, honestly.. 

I just sold my C8H and bought the MEG ACE because it's not all that.. 

38 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Well if they both have bois flashbck and the tomohawk can handle the 3900x I may get it. Saves 100 quid that I can use else where and keep costs down 

That's up to you.. I think either will be fine as long as you're not overclocking (no point really anyway).. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

11 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

OK fine.. I used the X470 Gaming 7 and Z390 Aorus Ultra and overclocking my CPU and RAM was not an issue whatsoever.. I guess the lower end is worse.. 

The Gaming 7 couldn't run my RAM higher than my C7H but I did like the features on the Gaming 7 more than my C7H, honestly.. 

I just sold my C8H and bought the MEG ACE because it's not all that.. 

That's up to you.. I think either will be fine as long as you're not overclocking (no point really anyway).. 

Yeah not gonna overclock