5700 XT?

Valkyrie Lenneth

yo, im about to upgrade my 970 gtx because of poor performance in 4k,   i use a qled tv and sit rather close to it so i want 4k gaming,   now i play stuff like ffxiv alot and rather have my stuff set on maximum,  u guys think the 5700 xt is enough for that?  also for other games i want everything ultra +- too but i can put shadows on low if required

my 970 hits only 20fps in ffxiv in 4k max,  so i doubt the 5700 xt will but im not sure really coz i dont know or have seen any1 playing ffxiv using that card

my aim is 60fps steady on ffxiv 4k max btw, i use a oced 4690k btw but il upgrade that within a few months aswell so no big deal there

reason of looking at the 5700 xt is because i can grab it for only 400euro and the 2070 super is 600+ for comparison here, the 5700 xt is a stock card though, but i dont really oc gpus so

(◑‿◐)

27 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yo, im about to upgrade my 970 gtx because of poor performance in 4k,   i use a qled tv and sit rather close to it so i want 4k gaming,   now i play stuff like ffxiv alot and rather have my stuff set on maximum,  u guys think the 5700 xt is enough for that?  also for other games i want everything ultra +- too but i can put shadows on low if required

my 970 hits only 20fps in ffxiv in 4k max,  so i doubt the 5700 xt will but im not sure really coz i dont know or have seen any1 playing ffxiv using that card

my aim is 60fps steady on ffxiv 4k max btw, i use a oced 4690k btw but il upgrade that within a few months aswell so no big deal there

reason of looking at the 5700 xt is because i can grab it for only 400euro and the 2070 super is 600+ for comparison here, the 5700 xt is a stock card though, but i dont really oc gpus so

It should handle 4K, but definitely wait until 3rd party coolers arrive. The current blowers are loud and run hot. 

I almost forgot @Princess Luna mentioned AsRock does have one custom cooler atm. I don’t know if it’s available in the UK.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

More than enough for 4k 60 on a 5700xt with FFXIV. But its better for a 1440p card in most AAA titles. 

Just now, star_pilot475 said:

It should handle 4K

It obviously can game at 4k just fine, the only issue is when we start throwing Ultras on the mix.

OP watch this video:

TL:DR the 5700XT will be an amazing upgrade from the GTX 970 for 4k gaming but if you get into it with the expectation of ULTRA ALL DA THINGS!!1 you're likely to end up disappointed.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

It should handle 4K, but definitely wait until 3rd party coolers arrive. The current blowers are loud and run hot. 

I almost forgot @Princess Luna mentioned AsRock does have one custom cooler atm. I don’t know if it’s available in the UK.

aslong its not as bad as that 480gtx stock cooler i dont mind, that thing was an absolute airplane xD

(◑‿◐)

If you aren't going to overclock the card then the stock cooler will keep the card cool enough. Runs a bit loud but if you don't care about that then it should be fine to buy the reference design over an AIB model.

AIB cards will run cooler and quieter so if you can wait until then and are willing to pay a bit more, then waiting is also an option.

For FFXIV the card will run just fine, however in my experience with MMOs, especially ones that use older engines, the game is more CPU bound. So in high player density areas you should still expect FPS drops.