Which motherboard?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9C97YJ/msi-b450m-gaming-plus-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-gaming-plus

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9C97YJ/msi-b450m-gaming-plus-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-gaming-plus

Im tryna upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600 and i cant decide between these 2 motherboards, is the more expensive gigabyte one worth it or should i just settle with the cheaper msi

Both seem to show the same board.

Paste mistake?

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

Since you're buying a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, go with whichever board has BIOS flashback so you can update the BIOS without a CPU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

HI, i just build system on B450 aorus elite with 3600x and i think its working fine, but i;m having problems with memory oc/XMP @ 3200MHz - MAYBE a warning for you, have not found solution yet. 

Well, in terms of feature set, they should be roughly the same.

The bigger difference is the form factor, one is ATX the other is Micro ATX.

This means that on the ATX (Gigabyte) you will have 2 more memory slots which will support up to 64gb of memory, where the micro only supports 2 with a max of 32gb.

The ATX has more PCI-E slots and can support crossfire (not likely you will use that tho)

The ATX has 2 M.2 slots, where the micro ATX only has 1. the Micro ATX also only has 4 Sata ports the ATX has 6.

The Micro ATX slot does support higher memory clocks.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Since you're buying a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, go with whichever board has BIOS flashback so you can update the BIOS without a CPU.

how do i check that?

4 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

how do i check that?

The motherboard makers website for the board should list if you can do an update without a CPU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The motherboard makers website for the board should list if you can do an update without a CPU.

Alright tyty

1 minute ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

You'll want QFlash_Plus for Gigabyte boards to do the update with no CPU installed. Qflash (non-plus) is for updating without using the OS to do it but you still need a CPU and memory.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You'll want QFlash_Plus for Gigabyte boards to do the update with no CPU installed. Qflash (non-plus) is for updating without using the OS to do it but you still need a CPU and memory.

image.thumb.png.211bb63b17ba22d1096c451b7e4ee631.pngand i assume this is the right thing here on the other board, meaning that only this board has the capabality of me using the ryzen 7 out of the box

or is there a chance that i dont need to do that and im good by just installing the 3rd gen

20 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

and i assume this is the right thing here on the other board, meaning that only this board has the capabality of me using the ryzen 7 out of the box

or is there a chance that i dont need to do that and im good by just installing the 3rd gen

Not 100% sure if that will do it or not. I did check on the MSI board and it explicitly calls out updating the BIOS without a CPU and mentions the "Flash BIOS" button as doing the same thing so it might work on the Gigabyte board, I just am not 100% sure.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: