Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emulator

Your favorite hobby?

I have a list, it is in no order of preference because that changes depending on time, motivation, -phase of the moon etc.

-sound engineering (live and studio)

-production (stage)

-4x4 and camping

-anything with wheels

-motors and tools

-welding and trailer building

-photography

-electronics

-woodworking and construction

-social sciences (what causes cultural issues, scientific reasoning, religion)

-mental health and early childhood development (worked as an integration aide for quite a while).

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

13 hours ago, Emulator said:

What do you do in your free time besides computers and games? I love to play guitar, sometimes go out at night with a guitar and look at the sky with a telescope. It's breathtaking!

I play paintball

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 GPU: AMD MSI RX580 MB:ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-Plus RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock AMD SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE MOUSE: Corsair M65 Pro RGB HEADSET: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Linux Ubuntu Rig (Plex Server) CPU: Intel i3 6100 GPU: N/A MB: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H RAM: Crucial Ballistix 1x8gb DDR4 2400MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: N/A HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda/500GB Seagate Barracudax2 PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair Spec-01 KB: Same as Main

freeNAS Server: CPU: Under Planning GPU: N/A MB: Under Planning RAM: Under Planning CPU Cooler: Under Planning SSD: N/A HDD: Under Planning PSU: Under Planning Case: Under Planning KB: Under Planning

13 hours ago, Emulator said:

What do you do in your free time besides computers and games? I love to play guitar, sometimes go out at night with a guitar and look at the sky with a telescope. It's breathtaking! 

Surveying at the moment (my hobbies tend to change over time). Even though it shows up in my professional life, I'm not technically paid to do any surveying and I do it for fun in my private life as well, so I count it as a hobby.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

I do a lot of DIY and enjoy playing board games with my wife and friends. Sometimes the two overlap - I made a big box for our Eldritch Horror collection and a small dice tower shaped like a haunted house.

Besides the stuff I do on my PC (programming, digital drawing, video editing occasionally and some gaming) I also enjoy doing some drawing on paper.. as well as general designing.

With designing I mean just personal logo stuff, but nowadays also electrical designs (think PCB's and such).

One of my main hobbies now evolved from another hobby of mine (collecting games, consoles and handhelds) and is basically cleaning up and sometimes modding consoles (mainly handhelds and controllers).

When I buy something second hand it is often very much used, so I like to clean up that stuff, which often results in me opening up said device to properly clean it.

This results in my interest in possibly modding these consoles, like I for example modded a somewhat broken DS into only the bottom screen of the DS... But have not done much more modding otherwise.

I do like cycling too, but can't count that as a hobby, since I really only do it as a means of transportation.

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

Mountain biking (Ordered a new Calibre bossnut evo because i got hit by a car on my calibre line 10 and its screwed, so while im waiting for the police to sort it out, ive got something to ride)

Sailing (my friend's yacht, lazers, RS feva's etc.)

Listening to music (just spent near enough 40k on a setup :D)

Climbing (lead, bouldering, high alpine, free-climbing)

Mixing and mastering music (it is my job.. so.. ree.)

On 7/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, mr moose said:

I have a list, it is in no order of preference because that changes depending on time, motivation, -phase of the moon etc.

-sound engineering (live and studio)

-production (stage)

-4x4 and camping

-anything with wheels

-motors and tools

-welding and trailer building

-photography

-electronics

-woodworking and construction

-social sciences (what causes cultural issues, scientific reasoning, religion)

-mental health and early childhood development (worked as an integration aide for quite a while).

Hell yeah a fellow audio engineer.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or speaker gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Yes my audio stuff is 800,000 USD, I'm a dedicated audiophile/mastering engineer

(If you want to see my audio stuff, check my profile, it's too much to list here.)

Reading... Lots of different things.

Trekking but had to stop because of some back problems. It drives me nuts to not be able to trek.

Movies, in cinema. Used to go several times per week, But that's long gone since my kid shares my life.

Aikido... That also is over for now (back, etc.).

A couple over things, but won't talk about it. ^o^

computer building

model railroad

reading

programing

general tinkering. (with everything)

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash them. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

also being mad at my generation for making people skeptical as to my anything.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash them. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

Metal fabrication, gunsmithing, and computer building.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:11 AM, Emulator said:

Most of my spare time I spend playing piano, building/upgrading PC's, building RC cars, bicycling, motorcycling.

Maybe a bit plain but definatley working out. Other than just weightlifting ive been getting into calisthenics. Ive mannaged to do L-sit pullups and L-sits pretty good now. On my way to learn dragonflies and V-sits

Gold prospecting, you can spend $8000 on a top end detector or you can use a $5 gold pan and sit at a creek, it's all fun and it's one of the very few hobbies that can give a good return if you get lucky.  If you put in the time you'll usually cover your petrol costs at least ?

Gold isn't found everywhere of course but luckily i live close to the golden triangle in Victoria, Australia.  

Traveling. It aids in curving you into a better human. You learn how to interact with different people and know their stories and this impacts you on a greater level.  I`m planning my trip to Greece in June of 2020. We are trying to decide would we go from Athens out to islands sample Mykonos-Santorini, then Crete i.e. Start close to Athens and end in Crete and then come home. Or go from Athens to Crete and then head backwards. Does that make sense what I`m trying to figure out. Do we need to worry about the small flights from any of the islands getting canceled where we need extra time or even a night wherever we are flying too. Should I get a car from Car rental in Greece service?

Building radio controlled cars.

Tinkering with real cars.

Learning cool stuffs.

Being cheap.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (with a -0.108v Vcore offset for lower temps)
Motherboard: Acer TC-780A(KBL) Gigabyte B450 Aorus m
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) of DDR4(Mixed two brands and speeds, Kingston and Crucial) GEIL Potenza Evo at 3000Mhz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 Founders reference card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: NONE, eveything works fine, no need to upgrade, stop telling me I need an SSD.
PSU: EVGA 500 W1 80+white(No, it is not dangerous) Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1050p @ 75Hz,
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600X1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz
(Yes, I use a CRT and I prefer gaming on one)

Cooling: Grill with filter installed onto the front panel for air intake cooling with a 120mm Corsair ML120 and an old recycled 92mm cooler master(forgot model) fan for exhaust.

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches