Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G2H3Ll

PC stuck in bios

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a custom built PC that has been booting normally for a long time after its completion, but suddenly after I turn it on, I am prompted to the bios, as it refuses to boot into windows. Just to be clear, all of my components are displaying as they should, including my m.2 where windows is installed on.

 

I attempted the usual enable/disable secure boot and csm thingamajig with no success. I then cleared the cmos by taking the battery out and using a screw driver to connect both jumper pins, no success. 

 

I then resorted to installing a new copy of Windows on the same drive as the other, possibly corrupted, Windows, which didn't work, as whenever the installation process was finished  and the "Your PC will restart in 10, 9..." message appears, it restarts, and I'm back at the "Choose your language" purple background part. In other words, an endless installation loop.

 

Specs:

TUF Z370-Plus

i5 8600k

16gb ddr4 Viper ra

RX 580 (Although I removed it for battery access)

If you have any more questions about specs, I will answer. Thank you,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, G2H3Ll said:

I have a custom built PC that has been booting normally for a long time after its completion, but suddenly after I turn it on, I am prompted to the bios, as it refuses to boot into windows. Just to be clear, all of my components are displaying as they should, including my m.2 where windows is installed on.

 

I attempted the usual enable/disable secure boot and csm thingamajig with no success. I then cleared the cmos by taking the battery out and using a screw driver to connect both jumper pins, no success. 

 

I then resorted to installing a new copy of Windows on the same drive as the other, possibly corrupted, Windows, which didn't work, as whenever the installation process was finished  and the "Your PC will restart in 10, 9..." message appears, it restarts, and I'm back at the "Choose your language" purple background part. In other words, an endless installation loop.

 

Specs:

TUF Z370-Plus

i5 8600k

16gb ddr4 Viper ra

RX 580 (Although I removed it for battery access)

If you have any more questions about specs, I will answer. Thank you,

 

I don't get it what is your question my friend ?  Your BIOS freezes or your windows freezes or does windows to the loop like you said ?  You have a solid rig.  So if I may ask to be clear, So you can't see your m.2 drive in BIOS ?  Or you can't see it in BIOS but still it gets detected when you try to install Windows and what not ?


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I don't get it what is your question my friend ?  Your BIOS freezes or your windows freezes or does windows to the loop like you said ?  You have a solid rig.  So if I may ask to be clear, So you can't see your m.2 drive in BIOS ?  Or you can't see it in BIOS but still it gets detected when you try to install Windows and what not ?

Ok, as I stated, all of my components are visible and appear to be functional, including my m.2. I CAN get in the bios, as a matter of fact thats all I can do, but when I "Save and exit" from bios, my pc restarts and I am back in the bios. I can't get into Windows. 

The "Windows loop" happens when I try installing windows, but never actually completes the installation. instead it repeats it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G2H3Ll said:

Ok, as I stated, all of my components are visible and appear to be functional, including my m.2. I CAN get in the bios, as a matter of fact thats all I can do, but when I "Save and exit" from bios, my pc restarts and I am back in the bios. I can't get into Windows. 

The "Windows loop" happens when I try installing windows, but never actually completes the installation. instead it repeats it.

Ok thank you now I understand my friend.  This is a rare problem your having.  What do you think caused it ?  When was your rig working fine.  What happened from that time to now that its jacked and goeos to bios and does loops with WInblows....  Firstly I would go into BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized settings.  Then see what happens. I don't know your history, I don't know if you OCed or not!  A BIOS flash might eleviate things.  See if you can find a recent BIOS for your motherboard.  If you don't know how to flash I will help you at that time.  Let me know if you do this and its still jacked and looping and all that sh*T. 


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Ok thank you now I understand my friend.  This is a rare problem your having.  What do you think caused it ?  When was your rig working fine.  What happened from that time to now that its jacked and goeos to bios and does loops with WInblows....  Firstly I would go into BIOS and set everything to defaults or optimized settings.  Then see what happens. I don't know your history, I don't know if you OCed or not!  A BIOS flash might eleviate things.  See if you can find a recent BIOS for your motherboard.  If you don't know how to flash I will help you at that time.  Let me know if you do this and its still jacked and looping and all that sh*T. 

I am not quite sure on the cause, although I was told there was a sudden power outage while my pc was running, which may have corrupted some files? Anyway all parts are lighting up and working which makes me question how a power outage wouldn't have done any more significant damage.

On the flashback, I was looking up tutorials as you sent this and I will notify you later if it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, G2H3Ll said:

I am not quite sure on the cause, although I was told there was a sudden power outage while my pc was running, which may have corrupted some files? Anyway all parts are lighting up and working which makes me question how a power outage wouldn't have done any more significant damage.

On the flashback, I was looking up tutorials as you sent this and I will notify you later if it worked.

Sounds good mate!  Very weird issue hope my suggestion fixes things.  If not come back and well provide further help.  good luck.


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Sounds good mate!  Very weird issue hope my suggestion fixes things.  If not come back and well provide further help.  good luck.

Good news. I have successfully booted into Windows, but not with the flashback, as it wasn't really doing anything. I did it by taking out my m.2, which I was suspecting to be casuing all the problems, and plugged in my EVO 860 and install Windows on there, which worked! 

 

With a form of Windows now functional, I can plug my m.2 back in, wipe it, and install Windows on there again. I am optimistic this will work.

So my conclusion so far is that the m.2 was causing this shitshow.

Edited by G2H3Ll
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, G2H3Ll said:

Good news. I have successfully booted into Windows, but not with the flashback, as it wasn't really doing anything. I did it by taking out my m.2, which I was suspecting to be casuing all the problems, and plugged in my EVO 860 and install Windows on there, which worked! 

 

With a form of Windows now functional, I can plug my m.2 back in, wipe it, and install Windows on there again. I am optimistic this will work.

So my conclusion so far is that the m.2 was causing this shitshow.

Wow that is great news my friend.  Weird as fuk but it looks like you sorted it out.  Let us know what happens!


Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×