Mi8 lite 6/128 vs Redmi Note 7 4/128

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a smartphone but I can't decide: Mi8 lite with 6gb of ram and 128gb of storage for 225€ vs Redmi Note 7 with 4gb of ram and 128 of storage for 230€.

Which option do you think is better? I've heard that Redmi Note 7 is better overall, but I don't know if that 2gb ram differencia would be noticeable for daily use (my main mobile use is not for gaming, is basically web browsing, job-related apps).

Thanks in advance.

PS: I know there are some better pricings for both models out there, I use just for reference. Also would like to hear about other options around 200-230 €

What about the Pocophone? It could be a good alternative to those depending on your providers LTE bands.

I have the Mi8 Lite BTW, I know the Redmi Note 7 has a better chip, but I don't think it matters that much if you're not going to play much games (like I do). At that point, I would say it's more about personal preferences with other features.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

21 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The Note 7

Although 4GB of RAM is utter travesty

Seems it wont be an issue for you

Is the Realme 3 Pro available or within your budget over there?

Im curious, what do you mean by utter travesty? 

12 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

What about the Pocophone? It could be a good alternative to those depending on your providers LTE bands.

I have the Mi8 Lite BTW, I know the Redmi Note 7 has a better chip, but I don't think it matters that much if you're not going to play much games (like I do). At that point, I would say it's more about personal preferences with other features.

Yeah, current Pocophone 128gb storage options are out of my budget but I consider it a killer Phone tho

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

The Note 7

Although 4GB of RAM is utter travesty

Seems it wont be an issue for you

Is the Realme 3 Pro available or within your budget over there?

Realme 3 pro looks cool, but currently not a shipping directly yo my country and not familiar with that brand (although I know is realted to Oppo) 

4gb vs. 6gb Ram will NOT Make the difference in an App working/running, or not working/running at all.

EVERY App, EVERY Game that exists will run on a 4gb Ram Android phone.

But with 6gb Ram, you can have more Apps stored in your Ram at the same Time.

If you switch from your Game to Gmail or Chrome, look something up, maybe take a photo, answerr a Call or text back in Whatsapp... Maybe you save something in your Calender.

And after all these small things, you press in the Game icon again..

What could happen with 6gb Ram: It will probably be still ready to go, literaly 0 seconds wait time.

What could happen with 4gb Ram: Probably all these Apps were enough for the System to close the Game.. Maybe not, maybe yes. But this will happen 100% sooner, than with 6gb Ram. If that happens, and you press in your Game Icon again : The Game will reload from scratch.

Just an example..

Ignore the Game, take an x Amount of small Apps. More of them can be ready in Ram on 6gb, than on 4gb.

Most people will be fine with 4gb, because they will probably not notice if their App starts 0,5 - 1 second sooner or later.

If you're a tech-geek / enthusiast / Poweruser, you can notice that easily.

Anyway... MI 8 Lite and Note 7 have the same Snapdragon 660?

Cameras are different but.. Mi 8 Lite does have the same 12MP Camera as the Mi 8, and the Pixel 2/3.

How long do you plan in using it?

Untill it breaks apart?

do you have a fix 2-year upgrade cycle?

The longer you want to use it, the more i would chose the 6gb phone.

Or simply save another Month, and get the Mi 9 SE. In my Countryy, it's 50 bucks more expensive with 64gb 100 bucks more with 128gb (50%~ more expensive).

But it comes with an Amoled screen, is a bit more compact.

Or you save up for a Pocophone, that costs maybe 20-30 bucks more. However, Note 7 screen > Pocophone Screen.

But Pocophone Performance >>>>>>> Note 7 / Mi8 Lite performance